Lewis Manor (Sub)
No votes
Baris Altintop (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 19 Aug 2023

Post by Park Life »

I thought Farnborough started the game better but we soon took control and had a 15-20 min spell where we were on top, but other than a few half chances never created anything clear cut. The last 15-20 mins of the first half from our perspective were forgettable.
Unfortunately second half was even worse than the first and we never threatened their goal at all, Farnborough then had more possession and i was concerned they were going to nick a goal, but on the day they were as poor as us and our defence also held firm.
Second half we created nothing and it wasn't until the 75th minute when i think we had our first attempt on goal which Statham tapped home from close range. We then had a 10-15 minute spell where we looked better, but that wasn't really hard after the previous 75 mins. I did think at that time if we held onto the lead with a clean sheet, our first win would be good for confidence. But we all know what happened right at the end so more disappointment i'm afraid.

I've said all along that we have too many similar forwards with no different options and have provided very little decent service to the front men. Continuing to play long balls up to them and hope we get something has not been effective and unfortunately our two wide players have not created much in the last few games either, i feel they need to say wider to find some space. So like every other game just swapping forwards for forwards has not really made much difference. Not sure Dowse has enough confidence in Herschel atm but other than that we have no other attacking wide players or a forward who can play a No. 10 role and try to link things so this leaves us very predictable to play against.

Defensively we look to be getting better which will give us something to build on and MOTM for me between Block, Beeney and Statham, in the end went for Beeney.

Ref had a really poor game and looked out of his depth at this level.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

It says a lot about the team when your at home and play one up front and your goalkeeper is getting the MOTM ???lacking in belief and confidence this early in the season is not a good sign .
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

We didn't look like a team with one up top, only looked threatening when Lewis came on.
As for Dowse taking ages to find a captain, I think that Luke wasn't as effective as the Farnborough guy who was bellowing out in a very quiet stadium. If anything I heard Joash shouting in marshalling the defence.
We have a very tough game at Aveley who seem to have hit the ground running..🤫😮
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Well,at least it's not the middle of March Top Cat.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I watched the Farnborough Manager post match interview and he got it spot on , both teams were awful and a point about right and he was very unhappy with his team s hoofball and they had better put that right or they wont be in the team .
I thought there No3 [ with the long double barrelled name on his shirt] was a class act and didnt play hoofball and looked dangerous down their left and Ricky Holmes[No26?] who is ex league player also looked a class player , as for the rest just add them to the majority of Darts hoofball lot !!!!!!!!!!!!

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

dartfordknight

Post by dartfordknight »

After seeing us play now 3 times at home this is the worst team i have seen play at PP ....Burns , Noble , Bradders , Hayes would be shocked at the lack of strength in our play and the committment. Barzey reminds me of phil williams from years gone by we have no one in midfield , strikers wont get 10 goals this season and the worst thing is Dowse had a full off season and pre season to bring this bunch together. Major changes are needed the only player who would have got in our side years ago would be Block ...very sad times.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Babylon wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:11 am My 1st game this season due to holidays.
Not impressed and even if we had won I would have said the same.
Dowse is a proven manager but if his budget means that we have an average squad for this league then what can he do?
Quite a lot actually.

The league table doesn’t finish in line with who spends the most, the best managers overcome this.
I’m not suggesting it will not be difficult but we should be competitive and these first few games do not show this and it’s also a very difficult watch.

Long way to go and I have faith in Dowse who a a good experienced manager but there has to be honesty about the right here, right now and at the moment it’s poor and even a little bit worrying
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A good account from Spencer Day and I accept his apologies. The more I see of Barzey's take out the worse it is. :o . What the f**k.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Parklife just private messaged u.