3%

Total votes: 37

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Hampton & Richmond Tue 15 Aug 2023

Post by Park Life »

tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

When we failed to take that golden chance to go 2 up in the 2nd half I thought it might come back to bite us on the arse, I believe it was Luke Allen who put it past the post good player but not a great finisher. With regard to Barzey's sending off in todays football it was a straight red and he was lucky not to have been booked earlier in the half when he left his foot in when challenging Fernandez the Hampton defender. Things can only get better as the song goes. Mom for me was Harvey who works so hard but the match sponsors gave it to Barzey Mom and sent off that's a new one on me.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Gifted Hampton a goal, and a draw, they did not deserve, enough said. Gaffer knows we have to win those games, end of.

MoM for me - Harvey, worked his socks off and good goal.

Onto Saturday!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

For reference we had 9 points out of our first 7 last season, and still ended up 2nd. Yes this season will be tougher and the 3 games we've had are games we should win on paper, but there is a long way to go and I'm confident things will turn around soon

COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Most Match sponsor's are in it for a jolly and majority only vote for the guy who scored the only goal of the game etc etc. Almost never vote for the guy who influences the game. Well, that's my opinion anyway. How often have I stood at the game and have gone 'what!!' when they have announced it. :D

My first game Saturday and we are struggling to get our first win. I liked the look of Farnborough last season, especially Lokko at the back, but he's gone. I don't think that Spencer Day struggles to find replacements as we seem to. Not looking at an easy game for us, in fact, it's probably going to be the hardest one so far.

What with the injury to Sam, we are definately going to be up against it.
Having said that we may just turn in a fine performance and actually finish off a game before the oppo realise we are there for the taking. ;)

Looking forward to it. I think.
COYD's
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Beginning to think that Lewis Manor wishes he had turned Dartford FC down. Is he still with us? :?:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

ozymandias wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:54 am Beginning to think that Lewis Manor wishes he had turned Dartford FC down. Is he still with us? :?:
I'm very disappointed that he hasn't been given the opportunity. Our best player pre season and not even on the bench last night. He could possibly be carrying an injury but I feel that Dowse already has his pecking order with our forwards, but I'm still scratching my head why 2 of them were re-signed and why we they are all of the same type, there is no variety.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

tommytollbooth wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:32 am When we failed to take that golden chance to go 2 up in the 2nd half I thought it might come back to bite us on the arse, I believe it was Luke Allen who put it past the post good player but not a great finisher. With regard to Barzey's sending off in todays football it was a straight red and he was lucky not to have been booked earlier in the half when he left his foot in when challenging Fernandez the Hampton defender. Things can only get better as the song goes. Mom for me was Harvey who works so hard but the match sponsors gave it to Barzey Mom and sent off that's a new one on me.
+1, only thing I would say is that Barzey did have a very good game up to that point and Bradbury will pick up lots of bookings through the season, some possibly helpful in a sense. I felt the referee was quite good last night, letting the game flow and allowing some impassioned challenges.
Need to allow some gelling time for this squad which is very new, let’s see where we are at the end of next month.

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Far too early to be commenting on how we will do this season after 10 games will give us a good idea as ALL of the players should have settled in by then ?
As for our strikers the facts are that we have 1 young quality qoalscorer , 1 guy who has been a very good striker but [ once again] is injured , 1 striker [ who I have great respect for] but is clearly NOT a starter and 1 guy who had a very good last season at this level , is hungry and has looked decent so far , I just hope Dowse picks the players on form NOT by name !!!!!!!!!!1

Thought the 2 loanees played well last night but both on 1 month only , hope Dowse can extend this or get real quality replacements in the next month !!!!!!!
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Came away disappointed, as after an uneventful first 30 minutes with neither side creating anything, and H&R having more possession, we then came into the game with some positive attacks with Barzey and the two Lukes prominent. We deserved a win until fading in the last 10 minutes, and were then quite relieved to hear the final whistle to hang on to the point.
My first match this season, and after negativity about the defence, I was quite impressed with it, particularly the two loanees. The goalie was confident with sure handling, and quick out his box to sweep up, while Golding looked commanding, with a useful presence up front for corners. So, some expectation that things will improve.
Took a while to identify the new players, and surprised the team weren't announced on the screens, or printed on a sheet behind the press box as before. Without internet via mobile data, clicking on the QR scanner doesn't work for me, and not easy to hear the team read out while they were lined up on the pitch. For another grouse, I'm surprised Barzey was applauded after being sent off; couldn't make out who did what, but he shouldn't have got himself involved in that situation, and it did leave us hanging on.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I thought at the time it was not a corner before they scored. Coulson clearly plays the ball off their player for a goal kick.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I had the same thoughts as you Jonty, watching the streamed game, where there were no replays of any parts of the game, but the highlights clearly show the ball off their player. The game is such fine margins. Impressed by a lot of the new players. Bradbury got nothing off the referee all night, but that was an excellent reward for his work with that goal from Tom Block's brilliant ball in. And Duke, I agree with your last post too.

COYD