Weymouth away coach - 12th August 2023

Gary C

Weymouth away coach - 12th August 2023

Post by Gary C »

Rick, please put this information into the match thread when it appears. Many thanks.

Our first match in partnership with new Club sponsors Anderson Travel is the trip to Weymouth, and we want to get as many supporters to Weymouth to support Dowse and our team for their first away match of the season.

As with everything currently, the cost of living crisis has meant that we have had to increase coach prices to remain in line with our costs. The Association does not set out to make a profit on coaches over the season, but last season, we had to cover a shortfall.

The cost of this coach to Weymouth will be £40 for DFCSA members (£45 for non-members) and we would need a minimum of 30 adults to make running the coach viable. Please book your space with Mick Austin on 07969 181796 as soon as possible. Bookings are needed by Saturday 5th August at the latest. This price is cheaper than going by train, and is door to door from Princes Park. The coach will depart Princes Park at 9am.

Please note, a £20 deposit will be required in advance of this match. As always, DFCSA membership is the best option for discounted travel, saving £5 on every trip you make.
DA Mikey

Re: Weymouth away coach - 12th August 2023

Post by DA Mikey »

Including the supporters association discount, coach travel will be about £615 to all league away games. Factoring in the £15 gate, it’s a £1000 bill this season before buying half a shandy at the bar or any trophy / cup fixtures. I can see this being a problem as inevitable non-essential cut backs are made. This season will represent my first one supporting Dartford cherry-picking which away games are unmissable and which ones will have to be commentary and highlights only.

I heard that any shared coaches will be dry as Anderson’s only have single decker buses. But then I’ve also been given to believe that any coach designated specifically for a sporting event is supposed to be dry anyway.
With trains about double the cost of the coach, I can see some driving and some abstinence for 2023/24. Shame.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Hope we don’t have to stoop as low as Ebbsfleet & use a minibus??
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

M1 South wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:41 pm Hope we don’t have to stoop as low as Ebbsfleet & use a minibus??
Can they really muster up that many traveling supporters?
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

DA Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:39 am Including the supporters association discount, coach travel will be about £615 to all league away games. Factoring in the £15 gate, it’s a £1000 bill this season before buying half a shandy at the bar or any trophy / cup fixtures. I can see this being a problem as inevitable non-essential cut backs are made. This season will represent my first one supporting Dartford cherry-picking which away games are unmissable and which ones will have to be commentary and highlights only.

I heard that any shared coaches will be dry as Anderson’s only have single decker buses. But then I’ve also been given to believe that any coach designated specifically for a sporting event is supposed to be dry anyway.
With trains about double the cost of the coach, I can see some driving and some abstinence for 2023/24. Shame.
Or weekends away Mike.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Plenty of room at the Bibby Stockholm apparently for an overnighter :roll: . Whether it's cheap or not remains to be seen.