Lads of the Village

ozymandias

Lads of the Village

Post by ozymandias »

I noticed that the Lads of the Village pub is in disarray, (which pub isn't nowadays?) I then thought, I wondered what happened with Sean the landlord? and saw that the guy is still there. In his eighties.
Sean was a supporter of the Dart's on occasion and many Dart's supporters supped there before and after games. I had been to the Lads myself at times, but to see the pub on google looking disheveled and that Sean is up for eviction also.
This is sad news but not surprising given today's climate as my local from back in the days at Darenth 'The Ship' has also gone belly up.
Sad times indeed.
Nin

Re: Lads of the Village

Post by Nin »

A post on Facebook says he has been there 45 years today.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/110441392304484/

FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO SEAN HOLLAND BECAME THE LANDLORD OF THE MUCH LOVED LADS OF THE VILLAGE .
CONGRATULATIONS SEAN AND JULIE!
Trevor B

Re: Lads of the Village

Post by Trevor B »

I can remember The Tradesman's pub in Stone and I often had a drink in there before the game as it was my local as I lived a few doors away from the Brent School then a quick walk down the alleyway to the bottom entrance to the ground
I also had a drink during the week when I played darts for them along with a couple of other Darts fans in the league and we chatted to Arthur Deforge who was the landlord and also a director of DFC at the time.
So many good memories but another pub gone and I think the last I saw of it was as an Indian Restaurant and I did have one meal there for old times sake a good few years ago.