Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Player news

Post by Park Life »

KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Very happy to have Charlie back on board , we are certainly goong to be a big physical side this year
JW Dart

Post by JW Dart »

Very pleased we’ve got another year with Charlie on board
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse has made some very good signings for this season and I am really pleased to see Charlie is with us again , quality guy and still a good
[ experienced] footballer and great to have around the dressing room
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Right, I’m going to put my hand up and concede that I have had some doubt as to whether Dowse could assemble a squad capable of being at least competitive this coming season. However, activity over the past couple of weeks has given me new enthusiasm. Our squad looks, if only on paper at this stage, dynamic and energetic and I’m really looking forward to seeing what this squad can achieve.

Is this squad better than last season some have asked? With the notable omission of Bonner, Essam and Wilks only, I believe, again on paper, it is but time will tell!

So very much looking forward to the new season. Fixture release this coming Wednesday - can’t wait!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Oh ye of little faith Tony. Admittedly, I was worried also until last week's flurry of activity.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Can't help but question why we have Manor, Bradbury, Wall and now Sheringham.
They are all centre forward/target men competing for one starting position.
As we have been told that belts have to be tightened, why use so much resources on the one position?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Play all four & batter the fcuk out of the opposition!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Fred OLness wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:50 pm Can't help but question why we have Manor, Bradbury, Wall and now Sheringham.
They are all centre forward/target men competing for one starting position.
As we have been told that belts have to be tightened, why use so much resources on the one position?
Nothing seeing with good competition for places and I can see two being played regularly. Also given the amount of time certain players were out injured last season people were moaning about the lack of cover - seems Dowse can't win!
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Yes Sheringham (injuries) and Wall (injuries and suspension) were two that missed a good few games.
So why repeat the scenario this season.
Charlie S has a long history of spending a lot of time on the treatment table.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Charlie has superb movement, positional play, sublime with his head, composure , deadly penalty taker, great finisher and bags of knowledge to pass on to teammates all over the pitch. And will score a great ratio of gewalls( as Dowse calls them) for the minutes he will be on the pitch
Other than that he’s not that good🤣🤣
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Fred OLness wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:48 pm Yes Sheringham (injuries) and Wall (injuries and suspension) were two that missed a good few games.
So you're questioning having 4 strikers, but then saying we have 2 that may not be able to stay fit. Therefore making the other 2 important to have?

We were desperate for strikers last season before Bradbury came in. Dowse is keen not to make the same mistake again and having a wealth of depth in that area isn't a bad thing.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I reckon with the more physical approach that the incoming players will have in our midfield this season that Dowse will play 4 4 2 , so will need 4 strikers , I like the idea that 2 strikers on the bench can come on after say 60/70 mins and impact the game and ALL 4 have goals in them which will be a big benefit on last season !!!!

Charlie Sheringham was very unlucky last season as the two injuries he picked up were from a horrendous [cowards] tackle at Chatham and fractured ribs/ punctured lung from another horrendous bit of thuggery at PP and he still came back to make some late season appearances !!!
Hope he is a lot luckier this season ?????

i dont think there will be many Darts Fans that will NOT be pleased he has signed again !!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I would certainly much rather Charlie was in our dugout than somebody else’s. He’s the kind of player that can turn a game and create a goal out of nothing.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I was quite surprised to actually seeing Charlie returning to the team before the end of the season, given his punctured lung. Equally, I was very surprised at his form and fitness, given he had been out of circulation for such a long time. So, very pleased to see him signing on. He may not play full games, but I'm sure he will bring the best out of Bradbury who showed he is up for the challenge with his performances at the end of last season. Season ticket bought, and whilst I don't expect to he seeing many games, I'm nevertheless looking forward to seeing how this squad gel !!
COYD
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Mark Sweet wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:02 pm
Fred OLness wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:48 pm Yes Sheringham (injuries) and Wall (injuries and suspension) were two that missed a good few games.
So you're questioning having 4 strikers, but then saying we have 2 that may not be able to stay fit. Therefore making the other 2 important to have?

We were desperate for strikers last season before Bradbury came in. Dowse is keen not to make the same mistake again and having a wealth of depth in that area isn't a bad thing.
As it goes Mark I was originally questioning 4 very SIMILAR central strikers when resources were limited.
Taunton Dart quite rightly mentioned the injury side of things which promted my second post.
When we talk about making the same mistake again, are we not doing that by again sticking by injury prone strikers.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

✍️𝗔𝗟𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗘

We’re delighted to announce the signing of Baris Altintop following his departure from Braintree.

The defender joins after a fantastic debut NLS campaign with the Iron.

➡️ https://buff.ly/3rgH726

#DartfordFC #DartsFC
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KSTDART wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:04 pm ✍️𝗔𝗟𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗠𝗢𝗩𝗘

We’re delighted to announce the signing of Baris Altintop following his departure from Braintree.

The defender joins after a fantastic debut NLS campaign with the Iron.

➡️ https://buff.ly/3rgH726

#DartfordFC #DartsFC
That is a brilliant signing.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »