Moderator: Gary C

Lars Resort

Re: Player news

Post by Lars Resort »

We landed on the Moon!! You're kidding right? Surely that's fake news.😳👀🚀
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Isn't Block a centre back? Obviously Dowse rates him highly, maybe he's still hanging on hoping that Bonner will sign. If not then he may have fingers in the pie regarding another. Can't believe that he's happy with the situation at the moment and hopefully a signing will be made soon. :roll:
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Lokka would have been a good signing, built like a Russian out house 🏠. Best centre back I saw last season. I believe Farnborough will be a Dark horse next season even though they signed Pavey. We are really up against it next season.
Let's hope Dowse is up for the fight.⚽⚽⚽
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Jonty
You gave us 3 options
1) He has decided to retire and someone at the club is stopping the announcement being made public in hope that he will change his mind.
2) Maybe, like Connor, he has decided to drop a level or two. Could he join up with Ronnie at Lewes?
3) It could well be that he is undecided, which is fair enough. If this is the case, I would like the club/manager offer him an incentive to stay another season. Maybe offer him a testimonial.
I think option one looks the most likely but I'm hoping for option 3 and he signs for us
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I too am leaning towards option 1. ??
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Trevor B wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:04 am Jonty
You gave us 3 options
1) He has decided to retire and someone at the club is stopping the announcement being made public in hope that he will change his mind.
2) Maybe, like Connor, he has decided to drop a level or two. Could he join up with Ronnie at Lewes?
3) It could well be that he is undecided, which is fair enough. If this is the case, I would like the club/manager offer him an incentive to stay another season. Maybe offer him a testimonial.
I think option one looks the most likely but I'm hoping for option 3 and he signs for us
Hope you and your family are well Trevor. I agree with you, and if Tom can stay around another season or two and pass on his knowledge and experience to an up and coming centre-back then I would be happy.

As for the condescending poster above, who has taken a cheap shot at me, just get a life pal. This is a forum for supporters to express an opinion. I'm more interested in comments from the likes of Trevor B, 5th Searcher, Duke, PL, Skip, Spike, Rambo, Kebabus etc. At least they add something constructive to this great platform.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Manny Parry leaves Welling. Used to play under Dowse at Woking. Potential signing?
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

DA1 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:08 pm Manny Parry leaves Welling. Used to play under Dowse at Woking. Potential signing?
......and he's a centre half!.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Jonty
As for the condescending poster above, who has taken a cheap shot at me, just get a life pal. This is a forum for supporters to express an opinion. I'm more interested in comments from the likes of Trevor B, 5th Searcher, Duke, PL, Skip, Spike, Rambo, Kebabus etc. At least they add something constructive to this great platform.
There is also the possibility that those mentioned above may be in a better position to comment so lets keep our fingers crossed ;)
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Don’t make me laugh. It was just some gentle ribbing. Wow telling me to get a life. You probably can’t see the irony.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Radio silence once again from Dartford towers. Quite poor really!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

M1 South wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 am I too am leaning towards option 1. ??
Just give it one more shot Tom.

You're a long time retired.
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 am Isn't Block a centre back?
I think he's a right-back.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:57 pm
M1 South wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 am I too am leaning towards option 1. ??
Just give it one more shot Tom.

You're a long time retired.

Well said Spike.
Whatever is going on he’s obviously not made a snap decision so there’s hope.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Absolutely gutted about this but can understand his reasoning. He’s been an absolutely immense player across two spells and will be sadly missed. Go well Tom!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Thank you for your years of service Tom. A shame it didn't end in promotion like we all wanted.

Now Dowse has the impossible task of replacing him. Will be a huge loss.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Not the best kept secret and the news none of us wanted to hear but at least it's finally been announced.
Hard to take as Tom has been a great servant to the club, consistent performer over the 10 years and was the best player last season by a long way.
Fully understand his decision but bowing out when you are playing so well and imo had plenty left in the tank must have been a really hard decision, but family obviously comes first.

Good luck in the future Tom and if you do change your mind make sure it's in the next few days :lol: :lol:
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Unfortunately the inevitable news that we all feared could be coming, but should’ve been released by the club a hell of a lot sooner than they have. I don’t believe for one single second that Tom has only just told Dowse, Tom would’ve informed him soon as the season had finished so that Dowse could look for a replacement.

Good Luck Tom in your retirement, I wish you & your family all the very best and thank you for all of your excellent 10yrs of service.

Just don’t be a stranger at PP.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

It’s like losing a family member! 😞

Why not announce earlier though? Impossible to fill those boots at this late stage I fear.

All the best Tom. Look forward to your testimonial.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:10 pm It’s like losing a family member! 😞

Why not announce earlier though? Impossible to fill those boots at this late stage I fear.

All the best Tom. Look forward to your testimonial.

I'm sure this is a decision that hasn't been made today, and Dowse has been aware of the intentions for a while.

It still won't be any easier to replace him but we need to trust Dowse has a plan.