Park Life

Re: Eastbourne Borough v Dartford Fri 7 Apr 2023

Post by Park Life »

Attendence 2337
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Subs:-
Carruthers and Allen for Chin and Smith.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Meade sent off.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

Complete and utter collapse.
Players have a lot to answer for.
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:10 pm Typical. Typical. Typical.
Someone’s happy. Congrats on the title win x
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

BAWArmy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:43 pm Complete and utter collapse.
Players have a lot to answer for.
If you say so Reg
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Carruthers injured so looks like 9 players for last 7 mins.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Sitting at home listening to a quality commentary. Sadly, he has very little positive action to report upon from a Dartford perspective. Having gone behind, we do not appear to have threatened our opponent's goal very much. Our away form is seriously poor.

We will probably finish second, as nobody else seems to want to claim that position from us. Somehow, we need to start to find some form and to string some results together or we will hit the play-off matches in poor form and will probably struggle as a consequence.

It will be interesting to see how we cope with Dover on Monday. They are also in poor form, so it might not be much of a spectacle.

Great, just hearing that Samir is injured. Don't recall a card being issued to Eastbourne for it - no change there!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 2--1
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Once again points dropped from a winning position, once again we go away from home and return with nothing. Unfortunately it's the story of our season and why we are scrapping for 2nd and don't have it wrapped up yet.

From the commentary it sounded like we was playing well until Alex had to go off, then it all fell apart and Eastbourne gained control of the game towards the end of the 2nd half and that is how the game continued. After their 2 quick goals we had nothing and Meade getting sent off is just silly. maybe Alex is more important to the system than we appreciate?

Samir going off with what sounded like an awful injury I hope it's not as bad as it sounds but it really didn't sound good.

Oxford losing and as I'm writing this Chelmsford drawing are the positives from today. We have 2 home games against beatable opposition where we have to get 6 points, no excuses. We need 2nd place because we are not going up if we have to play away from home in the playoffs.

I await the comments from those who were there.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:00 pm Once again points dropped from a winning position, once again we go away from home and return with nothing. Unfortunately it's the story of our season and why we are scrapping for 2nd and don't have it wrapped up yet.

From the commentary it sounded like we was playing well until Alex had to go off, then it all fell apart and Eastbourne gained control of the game towards the end of the 2nd half and that is how the game continued. After their 2 quick goals we had nothing and Meade getting sent off is just silly. maybe Alex is more important to the system than we appreciate?

Samir going off with what sounded like an awful injury I hope it's not as bad as it sounds but it really didn't sound good.

Oxford losing and as I'm writing this Chelmsford drawing are the positives from today. We have 2 home games against beatable opposition where we have to get 6 points, no excuses. We need 2nd place because we are not going up if we have to play away from home in the playoffs.

Chelmsford winning 3-2
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

As I send the message Chelmsford steal a goal.

Pressure is on.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:00 pm Once again points dropped from a winning position, once again we go away from home and return with nothing. Unfortunately it's the story of our season and why we are scrapping for 2nd and don't have it wrapped up yet.

I was there. Pretty much as you said except Chelmo won in the end and have some serious momentum. We’re a hundred miles off ready to go up. Yes, negativity again but, once more, I’m being realistic. No plan B. And very little left of plan A. No MOTM vote for me unless I can give it to Wilksy.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Does anyone know why neither of our 2 new signings were in the team today, Bobby Dunn or the 6ft 4 centre half?
Only Richard Chin was selected and I was surprised to see that he got subbed, was he playing badly or something?

I can’t comment on the game as wasn’t there but we can not keep throwing these games away, Dowse & the players really have got to step up to the mark and change the way we are playing otherwise not only will they chuck 2nd place away but the play off’s as well. The way we are currently playing most opposition will be rubbing their hands together knowing they are playing us.

What did Meade get sent off for? Lives scores shows 2 yellows, was it 2 separate incidents or a double booking at once?
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I rang Gilesey for the result as I am on family duties today normally it would have spoilt my week end but i am getting used to spineless performances so it will not , will be at PP on Monday looking forward to the craic with the guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

What a circus. If it hadn't been for the failure of other teams we wouldn't be talking 2nd place. Or even 7th.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Not surprised at todays result.
We all want promotion but sorry, imho we just don't have enough consistency
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

We are so inconsistent really not good enough to go up, Goodness knows how many times we have led this season ending up losing or drawing and once we go behind the game is lost we just never come from behind.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Sorry to say, but Eastbourne clearly wanted it more than us today. Such a disappointing performance at this key stage of the season.

How I'd love to see a Bradbrook or a Noble, or anyone with some real passion, desire and commitment in our present side.

Sadly, I lost much of my passion for the Darts last season and this was only my 4th or 5th game this season, and today's showing didn't rekindle it I'm afraid 😢 I really don't know what's missing, but it just seemed so flat today.

I'll come up for the play offs, but more in hope than expectation. Please prove me wrong Darts!!!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I really don’t get it! Such a frustrating season to say the least but still 2nd by way of teams below us monumentally failing to capitalise on our inconsistency. I totally, wholeheartedly, agree with Dowse when he says we lack a leader on the pitch, someone to take the team by the scruff of the neck and drive us on. We have absolutely NOTHING in that department and that MUST change next season.

My MOM vote goes to Jordan Wynter, pick of the team today. Team once again needs shaking up and might be enforced depending on todays injury’s to Alex and Samir plus Jernade’s sending off. Might just be what we need in my opinion. Six to play plus play-off’s. Do we have strength in depth?

Onto Monday that is a must-win game at this stage of the season. (So bloody frustrated!)