Total votes: 45

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 11 Mar 2023

Post by rick »

Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

There would have been several contenders for MOTM if it wasn't for one man standing slightly head and shoulders above the rest.
Luke Coulson's composure infront of goal, leaving two opponents on their backsides including the keeper in the process, was pure class in scoring that all in important second goal.
It was a brilliant finish by Coulson who's proved to be a great signing this season. I'm not surprised either. I am surprised we actually signed him in the first place though considering where he came from, ending his successful time with Bromley an FA Trophy winner. Well done Dowse.
Just as important it will be interesting to see how many assists Coulson has accumulated come the end of the season.
His second assist set up debutant Harvey Bradbury and it was game over.
First impressions of Bradbury suggest he could be just the man we've been looking for. His goal no doubt one a striker should score in is sleep but what really impressed me, considering he'd only known his new team mates for 5 minutes, was his anticipation of what Coulson was going to do and the intelligent sprint he made into the box to finish the move.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Ajaxman DFC Writes
There would have been several contenders for MOTM if it wasn't for one man standing slightly head and shoulders above the rest.
Luke Coulson's composure infront of goal, leaving two opponents on their backsides including the keeper in the process, was pure class in scoring that all in important second goal.
It was a brilliant finish by Coulson who's proved to be a great signing this season. I'm not surprised either. I am surprised we actually signed him in the first place though considering where he came from, ending his successful time with Bromley an FA Trophy winner. Well done Dowse.
Just as important it will all be interesting to see how many assists Coulson has accumulated come the end of the season.
His second assist set up debutant Harvey Bradbury and it was game over.
First impressions of Bradbury suggest he could be just the man we've been looking for. His goal no doubt one a striker should score in is sleep but what really impressed me, considering he'd only known his new team mates for 5 minutes, was his anticipation of what Coulson was going to do and the intelligent sprint he made into the box to finish the move.
Well done you have saved me typing lots as I would echo everything that you have said
What a goal best move I have seen in as very long time and then to set up the 3rd goal for Bradbury who looks good and is at least in the box looking for chances.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Thought we played decent in the first half. Strangely we should have been 2-0 up and with a string of chances from them it could have gone 1-1 or worse. They missed a good few first half.
Second half they started well, some silky one touch football around our box but our centre backs and GK dealt with it well.
We started to dominate the game after that and played some excellent football and looked a threat most of the time.
Definitely the better team and good to see Wilkes back, top keeper, and the new lad in his 15 mins or so looked like he had a good touch, not afraid to chase down and also won a few decent headers against their back two. Looks sharp so very hopeful.

Good performance all round well done dowse and the boys.
2nd place absolutely up for grabs, this is our target and the lads are doing a great job going for it.

Happy days , onto the next
KentC

Post by KentC »

Oh and up the darts