Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Chelmsford match on Monday 25th October 2021

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Well I won’t be rushing back up there! Nightmare journey there AND back! What an absolutely gawd-awful place to watch football. Bring back Writtle Street!

That was just ‘one of those nights’ really wasn’t it?! We weren’t going to score if we played till breakfast. Ade just want cutting it tonight. Played okay - just lacked that killer edge he’s known for.

Chelmo defended like it was the Alamo. Never seen such a one-sided 0-0 and suck amazing defending. They deserved their applause at the end.

Best referee I’ve seen for a long long time. Card in the first minute and taking no crap from their bench with a yellow card to two of them!

Still unbeaten and still will be by Sunday!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Agree that a point away to Chelmo is never a disaster, however this was a game for the taking after the #3 stupidly fouled AA with an hour left to play. We didn’t really trouble their hapless keeper at all despite the constant pressure and dozen corners.
Annoyingly, Isaac was one of their best players, alongside the youthful #13. They also had a right old donkey at the back who was reminiscent of Nathan Collier but with no skill whatsoever.

My vote went to Leonard who hasn’t had a bad game for us yet. Chelmsford are not a good side this season, let’s see whether Dorking are a better outfit (hopefully not). Last time we went there it was late drama for the win.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We threw everything at them second half and just needed a little bit of luck when a few deflections went agonisingly past the post and a few crosses flew across their goalmouth which we just couldn't get to.
Keeper made a very good save from Jebb's free kick and it was just wave after wave of attacks but i think sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition and Chelmsford threw their bodies on the line and defended very well.
It's very difficult to break teams down when they pack their defence especially when they are well organised and you have to give credit to Chelmsford for doing that tonight.
So whilst it would have been great to win we have maintained our unbeaten league run and got another point away from home at a ground where it is never easy to win.
The lads gave everything tonight but sometimes it's just not gonna be your night, tonight was definitely one of those.
Felt we had a great shout for a penalty in the second half but after speaking to people who were a lot closer than me they felt it probably wasn't so have to say the referee had a decent game getting all the major decisions right.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

This is a game that will be remembered for the goals that were never scored, "we comprehensively stuffed them 0-0". Wave after wave of Darts attacks ended with either off side decisions, blocks or blasts over the top. I guess the % possession stats could easily have been 85-15. Got to give credit to the Chelmo defence who refused to buckle. A point away from home, clean sheet and still unbeaten too are all positives.
Agree with Sleightly, a road crash of a ground, as a halfway liner you were so distant from the action with the eight lane running track all round. And add the M25 being closed between the A12 and A127 for the run home, necessitating an eight mile diversion, and the frustration of the evening was complete.
Sennocke

Post by Sennocke »

I agree about their poor ground , but must say their catering was really good (if a tad pricy) , burgers were terrific and for once a ground was prepared for the onslaught of demand ! ( can you tell i was a career caterer?) So often the catering facilities are painfully slow and unprepared for the dartford faithful.
Shame about the result ,but we played well and just couldnt find that finish ..On to Saturday ..COYD ...
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

That Crossing must be a nightmare for evening games north of the river. A point is a point in this marathon of a race. Let’s take it and re-group for a much tougher game this Saturday. All I will say is that we might very well get one chance to score in certain games, and it has to be taken!!
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Ought to have won against 10 men for an hour and a hobbling keeper unable to kick, but as often happens, those setbacks caused Chelmsford to throw themselves into defending for their lives, and they deserved our grudging respect at the end.
We moved the ball around well and had most of the play, but didn't really create a definite chance to test the keeper. Jack does score some amazing goals, but with so many corners and free kicks, perhaps we could allow someone else occasionally to take some to avoid predictability. Just wasn't to be our night, but should never be disappointed with an away point and we are still 6 points clear. Onwards and upwards.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Where to start?
Agree about their Catering van, it’s the best in the league by far!!
Can’t believe their fans were lambasting the Ref at the end, that was a stonewall red card, their players didn’t really argue did they?
Don’t think the Ref was going to give a pen at the end either way, too much pressure!!
Fair play to them for some resolute defending with 10 men, but surely we could/should have done better with our 20+ corners we had?
I’ll be happy with last nights result if we do them 3 or 4 nil in the return at PP? 4 x points off each team is Champions material !!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:16 pm Where to start?
Can’t believe their fans were lambasting the Ref at the end, that was a stonewall red card, their players didn’t really argue did they?
Don’t think the Ref was going to give a pen at the end either way, too much pressure!!
Fair play to them for some resolute defending with 10 men, but surely we could/should have done better with our 20+ corners we had?
I’ll be happy with last nights result if we do them 3 or 4 nil in the return at PP? 4 x points off each team is Champions material !!!
The best refs will give penalties, correctly, despite “pressure”. After all, when don’t they referee games under pressure? Interested to hear Sleightly’s view of that decision!?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Teams will, we know, “park the bus” against us and we have to find a way of breaking defences down like we did against Hungerford. You cannot criticise strikers for not scoring, or midfield players for not delivering the inch- perfect pass or cross. Sometimes it that one piece of fairy dust that gets a goal. Sadly you can’t buy that! A good point on the road and we play a team at home that will play football (with some shenanigans thrown in no doubt! Watch out for some rough stuff on Ade and whoever partners him up front!!) Should be a belter.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

What my last post was meant to say lol that we play a tesm on Saturday that will….
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Ok I’ll re-phrase it; The ref bottled giving us a penalty at the end!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 pm Ok I’ll re-phrase it; The ref bottled giving us a penalty at the end!!
Thought that’s what you meant lol. By all accounts I understand he had a decent game, though the Chelmsford “faithful” wouldn’t agree!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

From listening to James & Sam doing the commentary their fans were lambasting the ref all match.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Those twats always do there, same at Wealdstone. Always the Refs fault never their shiteness!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Refresh time, maybe duke. I personally would like to see Dan Roberts START a game. But that's about the only refreshing I would like to see at present.
I think maybe we will give Dorking a beating Saturday, the lads are doing okay. One point gained to lengthen our lead. I see no reason to be getting in a dither yet as some are quick to do. :?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Glad that the catering van is up to spec :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I like to see a natural left sided player playing wide left midfield as a balance to the team and would love to see Michael Kedman get a run of games as he certainly showed in preseason games against league teams [ I think Sutton and Southend ] that he provide assists and goals !!!

Perhaps its in Kings thoughts ??????????????
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tony H wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:27 pm
The best refs will give penalties, correctly, despite “pressure”. After all, when don’t they referee games under pressure? Interested to hear Sleightly’s view of that decision!?
Yeah - I thought it was a pen. He was taken out by three pairs of legs! There wasn’t too much complaining though. Except by us!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPey9cHQok

Should have stuck with my original thoughts, looks a penalty for a foul on Jernade.