Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

rick
Site Admin

Dartford v Truro City Sat 20 Apr 2024

Post by rick »

Dartford v Truro City Sat 20 Apr 2024

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, (off Darenth Road), Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc (if on air)

Tickets: https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/dar ... truro-city

Admission
Adults £10
Concession £5
U18’S FREE
Match Programme £2.50

Dartford Football Club prides itself on being a community club with its fan base made up of all different demographics. Whilst it was necessary to take action over the minority that were not adhering to the Club’s principles, it is noticeable that there have not been many issues of late. Consequently, the Club will trial for the remainder of the season lifting the requirement for Youths (age 13-17) to either be accompanied by an adult or be a member of the Youth Membership Scheme. We look forward to welcoming all the Youth in the locality to Princes Park free of charge to make some noise and show their support during our last 4 home fixtures alongside new amended admission prices for all age groups. We want as many people as possible to come and get behind the players in the last few home games to try and get the wins we require.

Unofficial sites:
https://puredfc.co.uk
https://thedarts.eu

Truro City
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trurocityfc
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TCFC_Official

Referee: David Jones
Assistant Referee: Jeffrey Aldous
Assistant Referee: Andrew Tregoning
ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Truro City Sat 20 Apr 2024

Post by ozymandias »

I am making an effort for this one, even though it's for a lost cause. May not see NLS football for a while unless of course Chatham get promoted and have a tasty fixture.
Isthmian league it is and am hoping AP is good for sorting things out next season, because it definitely needs sorting.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

DFC should be making every effort to win this. Should Taunton lose against WSM tonight then fail to beat Hemel on Saturday, three points would see us finish 21st and in with a slim chance of a reprieve if Truro are (rightfully) kicked out of the National League for having no ground.

All ifs and maybes, but there is nothing to be gained by rolling over and capitulating any further.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

You should have posted that in August Mikey??
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

To expect the players to beat their personal best by winning two games in a row this year is asking a lot.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Rallying call from Ade for the the team to finish with pride and 3pts , bit difficult to get excited about the vast majority of them who havent performed all season and to bother in a meaningless last game , I'M going really to see the fans for a last craic till July [ preseason] and in the vain hope that a few of the Academy lads will get a run out against Truro !!!!!!!!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

As bloody awful as this season has been, the facts are that if we had beaten Eastbourne we would now be favourites to stay up. Just that one result would have meant that we would have been in control of our own destiny today and may even have survived losing today against Truro. Small margins eh?
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Spike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 am As bloody awful as this season has been, the facts are that if we had beaten Eastbourne we would now be favourites to stay up. Just that one result would have meant that we would have been in control of our own destiny today and may even have survived losing today against Truro. Small margins eh?
If there’s anyone on here that would, ordinarily, avoid ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ it’s YOU, Spike, with your sensible and polite reasoning. Just about everything conspired to try to save us during the very long run-in with chances hither and thither. Did we take any? Did we f*ck! Relegation was signposted months ago with this group of talentless, clueless, couldn’t-care-less players (excepting one or two.) I can’t even be arsed with today’s dead rubber, suffer for 90mins and then ‘have’ to applaud them! Quite frankly, at the end of the game, I hope Ady shows them where the door is!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:38 am
Spike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 am As bloody awful as this season has been, the facts are that if we had beaten Eastbourne we would now be favourites to stay up. Just that one result would have meant that we would have been in control of our own destiny today and may even have survived losing today against Truro. Small margins eh?
If there’s anyone on here that would, ordinarily, avoid ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ it’s YOU, Spike, with your sensible and polite reasoning. Just about everything conspired to try to save us during the very long run-in with chances hither and thither. Did we take any? Did we f*ck! Relegation was signposted months ago with this group of talentless, clueless, couldn’t-care-less players (excepting one or two.) I can’t even be arsed to come today, suffer for 90mins and then ‘have’ to applaud them! Quite frankly, at the end of the game, I hope Ady shows them where the door is!
"Just about everything conspired to save us" made me chuckle, mainly because it's true. I too am hoping for a cull of biblical proportions. Frankly I'd have only 3 players on my retained list and two of them are a bit iffy and the other one is an academy lad. I am hoping Ade will make massive changes and bring in an assortment of fresh faces. Hopefully we can be a bit more adventurous and not just keep fishing in the pool of DFC old boys who never quite made it the first time around ... and above all, no more recruiting of Darent Valley outpatients.
Last edited by Spike on Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike

Post by Spike »

If you want to get a perspective of how bad our season has been, it's a fact that Olly Box who has played barely a handful of games, is in with a chance of winning the forum's player of the season. Currently sitting on 5 man of the match awards, he is only one behind Luke Coulson on 6. With today's game and the London Senior Cup match(es) still to play, Olly could still nick it. This is especially true since the first team's contracts will run out today and we could be fielding mostly an academy team in the cup. To be honest, I think Olly has been the best thing about this season anyway, so good luck to him.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

I don't think a day has passed since that mind numbingly woeful performance against Eastbourne, when l keep saying the same thing to myself Spike.

Quite a few Eastbourne fans often remind me too 🤨. They keep saying how much their players appreciated that the game was likely to be "D-Day" for both clubs. One team responded by rolling their sleeves up and fighting for their survival, the other side just rolled up into a ball and abjectly surrendered.

I have honestly never felt so down and disappointed after a Dartford match than that day.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I saw things in the home game to Hemel that made me think we would be relegated, unfortunately it has proved to be the case.
Still gutted and never for one moment did i ever think we would be relegated, mid table at worse.

I will be there today and next week at the LSC match because it's my club.
Today will probably be the worse atmosphere ever, but to be honest it ain't been great for the last two seasons.

I'll be glad when this seasons all over........
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:57 am I am hoping Ade will make massive changes and bring in an assortment of fresh faces. Hopefully we can be a bit more adventurous and not just keep fishing in the pool of DFC old boys who never quite made it the first time around ... and above all, no more recruiting of Darent Valley outpatients.
Agree with this 100%
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Not 100% Steve. I think it's a bit harsh on DV outpatients. Some could have put in a better shift than some in the squad..🤨
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Could be a single-figure representation from our visitors today. They’ve done enough travelling to their home games!
Still think there could be value in finishing 21st for this reason.
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s simple , beat Taunton, get a reprieve.

However unlikely both of these are .
Spike

Post by Spike »

You've lost me there Kentc. We would still be in the bottom 4 so where would the reprieve come from?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm You've lost me there Kentc. We would still be in the bottom 4 so where would the reprieve come from?
I think Kentc is referring to the rumours Truro have no ground confirmed for next season.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Spike wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm You've lost me there Kentc. We would still be in the bottom 4 so where would the reprieve come from?
I think he means if Taunton lose, we beat Truro and on the very slim chance Truro get kicked out of the league, we stay up. I wish as it will save me a lot of work. :D
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »