George Whitefield (Sub)
3%
Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Truro City Sat 20 Apr 2024

Post by Park Life »

2-1, how it's took so long for them to score is only down to Byrne whose had a good game.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 2-1
KentC

Post by KentC »

Dowse has his stinking hands all over the bottom of the league table, look at his two teams finishing places. How is this clown employable.

I won’t say anymore on him.

Well done Darts and special well done to Byrne
Nin

Post by Nin »

conceding in the last minute as per usual. at least we won this time.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Had very much a pre season friendly vibe. We finished 21st so on the very small chance there is a reprieve we're in the position for one, however it's extremely unlikely.

MOTM Keeper.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The game meant absolutely nothing but at least we finally got another home win.
When you look at all the previous opportunities we had to get out of trouble and see league table this game could easily have been the one that kept us up :( :(

The main reason we won was because of the goalkeepers. There's pushing the ball into his own net and Byrne for us who had a very good game and was easily MOTM.

Taking everything into account the fans were fantastic today 👏👏👏👏

Onto next season and hoping for some better recruitment which won't include any old ex players or injury prone ones.
MickW

Post by MickW »

The game improved immeasurably when the youngsters came on - let's hope we see more of them next season.
No question on MoM - the keeper by a country mile.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

So good to finish the season with a win. I’d kinda forgotten what that hour drive home was like after 3 points!!

MoM - Byrne for me, one of his best shifts in a Darts shirt for me!

Listened to Ady’s post-match interview. So impressed with his calmness and honesty. He’s got a great opportunity to show what he’s made of next season. Bring it on!
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Had the pleasure of watching our own ebou adams almost seal promotion to the championship with derby at Cambridge this afternoon. He did well the boy. Derby fans love him and desperate for him to sign. Tenuous link to todays Dartford but please can we blood/play some of or young players as clearly they are there for whatever reason we never see them in the first team or if we do for very short periods.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I do believe that Ade is an honest guy and he has make certain statements regarding the way forward for next season, starting with the Board advising him next week of his budget for next season and already talking to Players that he believes will fit , with current players contracts now finished he can ask any players [ hope there are not too many ] IF they want to be in the squad for the Cup game next week , the ones he doesnt rate he may as well tell them early that they dont figure in future plans so go now , Academy lads can fill the spaces of the departed for the maximum of 2 cup games !!!!

Ade's credibility is currently good with the majority of the Fans and his comments make sense , he just needs to cull effectively , bring in some class at Isthmian level and develop the 4/5 Academy lads he talks so well about and then we could be in for a really enjoyable season !!!!!!!!!!
rambo

Post by rambo »

I enjoyed the first game of the season and todays game. In the main the other home games were rubbish so glad to see the end of this appalling season
Once the lads came on in the second half we improved immensely. Ollie Bray looked a real prospect. Proof that there must be a pathway into the first team from the academy
As for next season obviously retain the lads. I’m not sure who finished the season on loan and who was signed but I would retain the keeper , Sam , Wynter , Nelson
As for the rest they are useless, no heart , no bottle , no effort or just plain cart horses and are tainted with relegation . They can all do one and I hope I never see a squad like that at this beautiful club , thanks for nothing fellas
rambo

Post by rambo »

I enjoyed the first game of the season and todays game. In the main the other home games were rubbish so glad to see the end of this appalling season
Once the lads came on in the second half we improved immensely. Ollie Bray looked a real prospect. Proof that there must be a pathway into the first team from the academy
As for next season obviously retain the lads. I’m not sure who finished the season on loan and who was signed but I would retain the keeper , Sam , Wynter , Nelson
As for the rest they are useless, no heart , no bottle , no effort or just plain cart horses and are tainted with relegation . They can all do one and I hope I never see a squad like that at this beautiful club , thanks for nothing fellas
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

I think you mean Ollie Box rather than Ollie Bray. Bray did ok when he came on but he’s Aldershot’s player and hasn’t shown enough to suggest we should go for him. The keeper (Byrne) is a Leyton Orient player. It’d be nice if we could sign him but there’s more chance of my hair growing back.

I’d keep Box, Block (if fit) and Oduadu. I’d keep Coulson, Rooney and Allen, but I don’t think they’d want to stay. The rest: tata.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That many eh??
rambo

Post by rambo »

Dicky Dart wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:47 pm I think you mean Ollie Box rather than Ollie Bray. Bray did ok when he came on but he’s Aldershot’s player and hasn’t shown enough to suggest we should go for him. The keeper (Byrne) is a Leyton Orient player. It’d be nice if we could sign him but there’s more chance of my hair growing back.

I’d keep Box, Block (if fit) and Oduadu. I’d keep Coulson, Rooney and Allen, but I don’t think they’d want to stay. The rest: tata.
Olly Box is already z great prospect. I did mean Ollie Bray but I assumed he came from the academy as well. As he is on loan from Aldershot I doubt he will be with us next season. Thank you and I cross him off my list
rambo

Post by rambo »

rambo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:56 pm
Dicky Dart wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:47 pm I think you mean Ollie Box rather than Ollie Bray. Bray did ok when he came on but he’s Aldershot’s player and hasn’t shown enough to suggest we should go for him. The keeper (Byrne) is a Leyton Orient player. It’d be nice if we could sign him but there’s more chance of my hair growing back.

Olly Box is already a great prospect. I did mean Ollie Bray but I assumed he came from the academy as well. As he is on loan from Aldershot I doubt he will be with us next season. Thank you and I cross him off my list
Nin

Post by Nin »

rambo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:18 pm As for next season obviously retain the lads. I’m not sure who finished the season on loan and who was signed but I would retain the keeper , Sam , Wynter , Nelson
i thought Nelson is a loan from Colchester Utd?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No room for Allen [ 60 starts in 5 seasons] or Block , both high earners and high injury risk , Wynter goes missing when the going gets tough in midfield and our penalty box so past his best , Aduardo , good 1st season , poor this , worth keeping on but needs to wise up positionally , Rooney , I'd keep but he can play ar NLS and will get snapped up and Coulson could do a job next season if he wants too and also keep Shomotun , potentially a good player and of course Ollie Box , as for the rest " Bye Bye " !!!

The loanees will ALL go back to their Clubs bit IF Ronnie Nelson became available [ wishful thinking ] then what a signing !!!!!!!!!!!!!
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Without wishing to pee on our parade this was Truro's 4th game of the week and they had enough chances to get a point at least. Our keeper had an excellent game. Young Olly looked well decent until a bash on the nose took the wind out of his sails but his 2nd half pass that carved open the Truro defence was beautiful to watch, I will be amazed if a League club doesn't snap him up. And so an horrendous season concludes unless you think the London Senior Cup is anything other than a micky mouse cup. The isthmian Premier might be the kick up the Arse Dartford FC needs to get back on track on and off the field of play. COYD.