No votes

Total votes: 16

Matt85

Re: Yeovil Town v Dartford Sat 13 Apr 2024

Post by Matt85 »

Truly abysmal all game.
Pennocks tactics and subs woeful again.
Put the academy out on Saturday.
Statham came on and had a shocker, both centre backs miles off the pace, a centre midfield pairing who got overrun all game and a statue up top.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Pennock out.

Send the academy side out that won their league this season, the full 11.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

But apart from that you had a good time😀 Not quite sure what your expectations were for today.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:05 pm Pennock out.

I don’t think he’s done a good job. However the circumstances were awful for him.
I’m not convinced by him particularly his team selection at times but you can’t judge someone in the situation he came into.
He deserves a crack at next year.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:10 pm

I don’t think he’s done a good job. However the circumstances were awful for him.
I’m not convinced by him particularly his team selection at times but you can’t judge someone in the situation he came into.
Everything I can judge him on, he's been poor.

In game management, substitutions, team selection (mainly dropping Olly Box when he was the most form player of the team in a run of winnable games). The few signings he has brought in are simply not good enough.
Nin

Post by Nin »

play the womens team in the next match. more commitment, more desire to wear the DFC shirt and be proud to play for DFC.
most of the mens team gave up ages ago. just a pay packet to them to pay for their new veneers.
dont care if they read this. fricking useless all season.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Johndfc2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:07 pm But apart from that you had a good time😀 Not quite sure what your expectations were for today.
The team to turn up and look like they wanted to at least attempt to stay in the league.
2-1 down needing a win to stay up and we had one man in the box and not a single sub warming up.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Absolutely. Try to remember what he has got to work with for 6 weeks. We completely rebuild and go again next season with this manager. Give him a chance. Disappointed as anyone else but by July I will have a new season ticket and once again look forward to a new season
Nin

Post by Nin »

hashtag utd here we come. i bet the fat geordie is laughing in his latte with tyler.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Not Pennock fault in fact I think he got them playing better football and next season he deserves a chance.

In my opinion the down turn started when sacked King, Dowson was lucky last season and got found out this season as he is also finding out at HH,
Bloody relegation hurts like hell but Need to stick together and come back stronger
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

My final thoughts on The Darts in the NLS as my interests now lie in whats going to happen next season which will determine whether Ade Pennock is the man to get us promoted and depend on how ruthless he is with the current squad and bringing in their replacements , promoting the best of our Academy lads in and his tactical nous !!!

One final act this season would to bring in 3/4 Academy lads [ with another couple of the bench ] for the Truro game , nothing to lose and the lads would be hungry for the chance !!!!

Finally great respect for the Dart fans [ especially the hard core of away -115 at Yeovil today ] !!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

As soon as we didn't get Danny Scopes onboard it was always going to be a struggle. Personally, I think he would have got us out of this mess with his contacts and the fact that he has actually won something, the same can be said about Bobby Wilkinson, another manager that we once turned down. We needed a younger manager who can bridge that gap between our excellent youth setup and the first team and play a brand of football that is not classed as "Dinosaur". I have said this before, managers are no different to players, some are just better at it than others. However, I still think that Ady should be given a fair crack in the Isthmian Premier but the question is where do you draw the line. As it stands the jury is still out for me.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

A deserved relegation a shambolic season all round
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Jonty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:33 pm As soon as we didn't get Danny Scopes onboard it was always going to be a struggle. Personally, I think he would have got us out of this mess with his contacts and the fact that he has actually won something, the same can be said about Bobby Wilkinson, another manager that we once turned down. We needed a younger manager who can bridge that gap between our excellent youth setup and the first team and play a brand of football that is not classed as "Dinosaur". I have said this before, managers are no different to players, some are just better at it than others. However, I still think that Ady should be given a fair crack in the Isthmian Premier but the question is where do you draw the line. As it stands the jury is still out for me.
I don’t understand this not getting Scopes do you really think he would have left Averly who were challenging for playoffs and come in to sort the mess Dowson made
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:14 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:10 pm

Everything I can judge him on, he's been poor.

In game management, substitutions, team selection (mainly dropping Olly Box when he was the most form player of the team in a run of winnable games). The few signings he has brought in are simply not good enough.
Let’s be honest the signings were hopeful desperation, no one good would be available.
He was in an awful position now he can plan his own team properly.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

JCJ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:54 pm
Jonty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:33 pm As soon as we didn't get Danny Scopes onboard it was always going to be a struggle. Personally, I think he would have got us out of this mess with his contacts and the fact that he has actually won something, the same can be said about Bobby Wilkinson, another manager that we once turned down. We needed a younger manager who can bridge that gap between our excellent youth setup and the first team and play a brand of football that is not classed as "Dinosaur". I have said this before, managers are no different to players, some are just better at it than others. However, I still think that Ady should be given a fair crack in the Isthmian Premier but the question is where do you draw the line. As it stands the jury is still out for me.
I don’t understand this not getting Scopes do you really think he would have left Averly who were challenging for playoffs and come in to sort the mess Dowson made
Why did he apply for the job in the first place, maybe we were just too slow to make the call and he could possibly see something wasn’t quite right in-house. Either way, it’s gone and we moved on.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Jonty wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:21 pm
JCJ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:54 pm
Why did he apply for the job in the first place, maybe we were just too slow to make the call and he could possibly see something wasn’t quite right in-house. Either way, it’s gone and we moved on.
I heard on the grapevine that Scopes was first choice but he was asking for more than DFC were willing to pay ?
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Not a another change of manager required
A change of board is needed now
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Are we really at that stage where people are already calling for the managers head? Do you really think he had a chance of keeping us in the NLS?
Personally I think it will take us a couple of seasons to get a out of the Isthmian. If at all in the foreseeable future..
We will see if Ade has it in him to do the job. But calling for him to go is in my mind. Hysterics.
Yes, there will be wholesale troop movements in the summer. If not, then is the time to start asking questions
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Ozytalksbull wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:53 pm Not a another change of manager required
A change of board is needed now
This 100%