Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
50%
Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Kebabus

Re: Yeovil Town v Dartford Sat 13 Apr 2024

Post by Kebabus »

Damage done long before today wasn't it. Had a good drink with the good folks of the DSPpre match and so it's off to Hashtag now. Bless you all, I'm having a kebab now.

A bad season on and off the pitch.

Feel sad.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Our prospects for next season will become more apparent in the summer, but really the planning starts now. And it starts from the top. We will now see what THE BOARD is REALLY made of. Rightly or wrongly, some fans have questioned the club’s ambition to reach the National League. I don’t think there’ll be much forgiveness if we see a lack of ambition to come back up to the NLS. Is the Board willing to do what is necessary to give us the best chance of bouncing back? Or will the lack-of-ambition accusations be justified ?

Ultimately we need players who want to play for Dartford and know how to win matches. I’m not very optimistic at this stage. I fear another mistake-prone defence, another creativity-free midfield, and another toothless attack. We’ll see.

One thing is for certain: there is no easy way back. It won’t happen at all if the right things aren’t in place.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Game played out pretty much as per my expectations. In fact, I had a feeling that Yeovil were going to win 4/5-0. That being said, I was pretty certain that our fate would only be guaranteed on the final day, the fact that it has come early is testament to the utter shambles that has been DFC in 2024. Stop short of saying this season since Dowson was sacked in January because it looked like he was losing the likelihood of finishing in the playoffs. Said to some of the ebullient home fans last night that it felt like we were on 36 points in mid-January and finished on 43 in April. Ours has to be one of the biggest capitulations ever and it’s pretty amazing that we were not relegated sooner. But like last season, everyone around us kept losing and we were buoyed (I suppose it’s to be expected at the bottom, fortunately we are less used to it down there). So we have played cliffhanger for two months, under-performing compared to teams with points deductions, no grounds and nightmare pitches leading to enormous match backlogs. Yet strangely Dover have managed to have a third consecutive season worse than ours.

Next weekend’s last game of the season vs. Truro has somehow become a dead rubber. I’m off for a chat with Sam Aritan.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I called them Mikey but continually engaged!!??
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:52 am I called them Mikey but continually engaged!!??
I eventually got through. They said, “not another Dartford fan ffs!” And hung up! I learned, later, from an insider that some of the ‘Sams’ had called their own colleagues in despair!
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I didn't travel to Somerset yesterday. It was already done and dusted. Being a nice day I had a leisurely stroll through the park and around lakes, then headed up to Princess Park for a few beers.
Despite being advertised as being open 7 days a week the bar was closed. Apparently I wasn't the only who went up there either. More income lost.
I know it's only open to the select few on match days but surely that only applies to home games. Not when the team are playing 166.74 miles away.
While only a few travelled, I'm sure there would have been many people like myself who would have been happy putting a few quid into the coffers over the bar during a sunny afternoon.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

This is nuts. There must be a reason. Never known the bar to be closed during ‘normal’ hours. Covering for the Samaritans?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Yeovil report on the game has it as a comfort game. I'm sure they meant comfortable but I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually meant 'a comfort break ' for Yeovil FC.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:41 am This is nuts. There must be a reason. Never known the bar to be closed during ‘normal’ hours. Covering for the Samaritans?
Closure was achieved yesterday, so to speak, on a dire season. It is what it is! Not too soon to start planning for next season. (Btw, leave poor Hashtag United alone Ffs, they are an established club that have done well since their fairly recent forming and are playing at step 3 under their own right!)

Not time really for criticism (we’ve had that all season from some quarters and it got very boring). It’s time to learn our lessons and build a plan - a completely different business model will surely be required. Sack the manager? Absolute madness to even think that let alone state it is mindless. Give Ady the opportunity (and what an opportunity it is for him!) to make a mark next season.

Let’s unite for the final game of the season next Saturday and see if we can finish on a high. COYD’s.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Total walk in the park for Yeovil. They had a slew of chances towards the end, so considering the penalty it was a surprise that they only scored three. It was two sides at least one division apart already. My vote went to Byrne who was excellent. Yes, we put on a bit of pressure for ten minutes as per our template but for at least 3/4 of the game it was all green.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Champs Bar is advertised as being open to 10pm but is very rarely open till that time!! Just seems to shut when the Barmaids shift finishes? (And I don’t blame the girls, they are generally very friendly & hard working!) just the system employed !!
Nin

Post by Nin »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 am I didn't travel to Somerset yesterday. It was already done and dusted. Being a nice day I had a leisurely stroll through the park and around lakes, then headed up to Princess Park for a few beers.
Despite being advertised as being open 7 days a week the bar was closed.
where is Princess Park? is there is Princess Park in Dartford at all?
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Nin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 am
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 am I didn't travel to Somerset yesterday. It was already done and dusted. Being a nice day I had a leisurely stroll through the park and around lakes, then headed up to Princess Park for a few beers.
Despite being advertised as being open 7 days a week the bar was closed.
where is Princess Park? is there is Princess Park in Dartford at all?
Well spotted. Maybe it should be renamed Princesses Park should the girls win their league.
And if they don't they can still look back on a good FA Cup run netting the club £15,000 in prize money.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Amongst the shambles of the late season games one player has stood out as as class act and he should be aware of the thanks from Darts fans for his performances and effort and I feel sure that IF he can carry on with his current potential he will become a Football League Player , credit to Adie for bringing him in !!! .

So step up Ronnie Nelson , only on loan but gave 100% and a credit to the Darts , IF he had been here another 3 months he would have got " Player of the Season "
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I voted for Jay the Groundsman!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I voted for the guy who stood next to me discussing his marital problems with his mate. Very interesting, game after game.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Lars Resort wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:52 pm I voted for the guy who stood next to me discussing his marital problems with his mate. Very interesting, game after game.
He married his mate ?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Didn't hang around to find out. It got rather risqué. It was embarrassing.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

That's the last time we'll be playing infront of 5000+ for a while.