John Stevens Home Player of the Year voting

Moderator: Gary C

Gary C

John Stevens Home Player of the Year voting

Post by Gary C »

This will take place on Bank Holiday Monday against Eastbourne Borough . Voting slips will be available to you as you enter the stadium.

Thank you in advance.
Tall Dart

Re: John Stevens Home Player of the Year voting

Post by Tall Dart »

Possibly the most pointless vote in recent seasons. I assume Luke C will have been up there with most votes. Hard to get excited about the last home game, let alone for the award ceremony after the final whistle blows and our fate is known.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

One of those votes where there are so many candidates (how many players have we used this year), yet there is so little choice.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Grassbank wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 pm One of those votes where there are so many candidates (how many players have we used this year), yet there is so little choice.
I think this is correct: https://thedarts.eu/puredfc/viewtopic.php?t=313
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Best player I saw in a Dartford shirt this year was MacArthur - and he played in the game at Weston. After that was Woods, who was never used to his strengths. Both young loan players - they should have added to the squad, not looked the best on the pitch. Says it all
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

rick wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 pm
Grassbank wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 pm One of those votes where there are so many candidates (how many players have we used this year), yet there is so little choice.
I think this is correct: https://thedarts.eu/puredfc/viewtopic.php?t=313
Out of the 48 players used, 22 have made fewer than 10 appearances. That’s a squads worth of players!

I’ve still got to update yesterday’s game but take a look at this page for more https://puredfc.co.uk/stats
Spike

Post by Spike »

If we were voting on the ratio of good performances to actual appearances then the only two players with consistently decent performances would be Sandford or Olly Box. They might have played far too few games to get serious votes, but they're the only two I can think of who could look back on their individual season's contributions and feel proud. However, I expect Luke Coulson to win it solely on the basis that he's played most of the games and it is patently obvious he is our most gifted player. That said, never in a million years is he a captain as it does seem that he gets easily frustrated and his head goes down so easily. I can understand how he feels, but he should try watching it from where we are standing. I'll be surprised if Luke stays next season, but if he does and Ady makes massive changes, maybe we'll get to see the best of him next season.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

All of us exiled supporters would have voted for Park Life for his unstinting loyalty and tremendous work in keeping us updated on matchdays. If the team had only matched 50% of his work rate we would be in the play offs
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I can’t vote for Parky (I’m more Rocker than Mod)
My vote goes to Jay the Groundsman!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am I can’t vote for Parky (I’m more Rocker than Mod)
I'll see you and your mates on Brighton Seafront... :lol:
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:03 pm
M1 South wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am I can’t vote for Parky (I’m more Rocker than Mod)
I'll see you and your mates on Brighton Seafront... :lol:
He hasn’t got any mates!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Park Life notched an impressive 39 MOTM votes in one game.

To put this into perspective, Archie Woods and Paul Rooney managed 80 each, while our captain and shoe-in POTS Luke Coulson has garnered just 144, which is 3-4 per game.

Fair play to Parky.