Hemel H
Truro A
Chelmo A
Eastbourne H
Havant A
Worthing H
Yeovil A
Truro H

I predict eight points - wins against Hemel & Truro (H) and draws against Eastbourne & Worthing. Don’t expect any points away as I’ve only seen us take three at Dover (which doesn’t really count this season), Welling and one at WSM. In fact the 4-3 loss at Hampton was one of our best away performances.

This would leave us on 46 points and likely 21st place. Anything out of Braintree away on Tuesday or Maidstone at PP on Saturday would be a fillip.
rambo

Re: Last 10 games

Post by rambo »

Maybe the gods have sent Dowson to HH to save us
To stand a chance of staying up we must collect 10 home points and perhaps 3 away
It’s a tall order but can be done with a a couple more decent additions to playing staff
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I have my bottled water from Lourdes with a best before date of April 24. I can't see us avoiding a bottom 4 place. Maybe relying on a club to do us a favour with off the field antics.
But really!!!
Sorry to be on a downer but this has been coming for a long time.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I was optimistic a few weeks ago but watching that yesterday was kinda typical. I also think we may only be saved by off field shenanigans. We need a bit of luck with these chances we are creating before we crumble and hope those below are less fortunate. But I’m having difficulty ‘seeing’ it.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:26 am Braintree A
Maidstone H
Hemel H
Truro A
Chelmo A
Eastbourne H
Havant A
Worthing H
Yeovil A
Truro H

I predict eight points - wins against Hemel & Truro (H) and draws against Eastbourne & Worthing. Don’t expect any points away as I’ve only seen us take three at Dover (which doesn’t really count this season), Welling and one at WSM. In fact the 4-3 loss at Hampton was one of our best away performances.

This would leave us on 46 points and likely 21st place. Anything out of Braintree away on Tuesday or Maidstone at PP on Saturday would be a fillip.
I agree DA , only on current form I can barely see us getting maybe six or seven points ? . HH at home with Dowse looking to get one over won’t be easy , Truro at Home maybe being a relagation decider for them ?? Braintree , Scum , and Chelmsford would just love to see us relegated, and the rest are rather fighting like us to stay up or fighting for a play off place , So unless AP can perform a miracle ,( and I really hope and pray he can pull it off ) our destiny is not looking good .
Saying that let’s hope they prove us all wrong and go on an unbeaten last ten 🤞 stranger things have happened 🤣
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Think we got to look at taking 15 points from home games and maybe a win at Truro and Havant. Got a funny feeling we may get something from Braintree Tuesday.
Darren

Post by Darren »

Personally I’m struggling to see where the wins will be coming from and we will are relying on other teams losing for us to stay up. Love to be proven wrong though
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

That's probably wind JCJ.
KentC

Post by KentC »

No idea what’s going to happen as everyone says it’s not looking good. But our new manager has a ton of experience and he gives me a little belief. It’s one game yes but everything he says so far gives me hope.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

As it stands our destiny is still in our our own hands but I feel that if we don't bring in the right replacements we will be down. With our present squad, I can't see us getting any more than 9 points from those remaining fixtures. The club needs to let the youth back into the stadium and get some atmosphere going behind the goal, this could be a deciding factor for our survival.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Looking at the league table, I would say that Dover and Havant are as good as relegated. Eastbourne are not likely to finish above Truro or Taunton and are probably goners too whereas Welling look to have found their mojo and are pulling clear of trouble. I don't think Dowse has enough time to dismantle Hemel's squad and drag them into a late relegation challenge, so the way I see it, our target is simply to finish above either Truro or Taunton. If those clubs maintain their points per game average, both are likely to finish on around 53/54 points which would mean we need at least 5 wins to catch one of them. Realistically, I can't see us getting anywhere close to 5 wins unless significant reinforcements arrive PDQ. Otherwise, our only hope would be that either Truro and/or Taunton's form collapses under the weight of all those extra fixtures or that Taunton's financial problems see them entering administration and suffering a points deduction. It's looking pretty grim to be honest. Nevertheless, we fight on.

See you all at Braintree tomorrow.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Agree with you on 98% of things in your post Spike except one win would put Eastbourne very much in contact with the mix.
They are putting results together and if they keep on doing so it may put them well up the table.and us, sadly, even deeper in the mire.
As said, it is difficult to see where our points are going to come from unless we get players in to influence our fight.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

We're all doomed Mr Mainwaring - We're all doomed
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:24 am Agree with you on 98% of things in your post Spike except one win would put Eastbourne very much in contact with the mix.
They are putting results together and if they keep on doing so it may put them well up the table.and us, sadly, even deeper in the mire.
As said, it is difficult to see where our points are going to come from unless we get players in to influence our fight.
And Eastbourne are at home tomorrow evening, which one would expect them to win, and then join the mix, as you say Osymandias.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I'm not saying Eastbourne won't finish ahead of us, I'm saying that they are very unlikely to finish ahead of Taunton or Truro. So by my reckoning, if by some miracle we DO manage to finish ahead of one of those two, then we would in all probability be ahead of Eastbourne and therefore safe. Unless the two west country clubs completely collapse, I don't think the 50 points (that is being bandied around as a safety target) is going to be enough, at least, not for ourselves or Eastbourne. I think we are more likely to need around 54/55. Eastbourne have managed 33 points from 36 games and I would be astonished if they then suddenly amassed 20+ points in their final 10. The problem is, it's going to take a massive turnaround for us to get the 15+ that we would need if my assessment is correct. Our players are still fighting and if last Saturday was anything to go by, the fans are still behind them, but Ady has a massive job on his hands.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

We have changed the jockey and I wish him well .But it is the same horse and
imho ... If we don't bring in some better players I cannot see us avoiding the drop.
Please prove me wrong..I very much hope that our new manager can.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Think it’s disgusting Dowse could come back and gloat at putting us down, no matter what the Hemel result is , and the board said he’s always welcome back! By who? The board need to look deep inside why they employed such a 👌
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Looking at each fixture individually, I predict 8-10 points maximum from them, leaving us on 48 points maximum which I don't think will be enough to stay up.

I expect Eastbourne to overtake us in the coming weeks, with 2 home games against Dover/Taunton coming up and Taunton will inevitably get something out of their 4 games in hand.

We must get something out of tomorrow's game but Braintree are unbeaten in 11 and 3rd on the Home table, it's going to be extremely tough.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Tomorrow’s game is a bit like the last ten or so, in that a win suddenly breathes a bit of life back into our hopes of survival.
But it has been that way for two months now and in 90% of those matches we’ve come away with tails between our legs.

We have to hope Braintree have a bad day.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Our last 5 home games in the NLS for me and I damned if I will be attending the HH game as I couldn't put up with seeing that guy again at PP.
I can't bear the fact that he could get a long awaited win, such is the mess he left our club in.
Hopefully by then he may have a similar mess at HH by then.