Moderator: Gary C

MickW

Re: New Manager.

Post by MickW »

Good post Spike
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Well welcome to DFC, Andy Pennock. I really had no idea who might become our new manager as I am out of touch with the southern area as regards some of the names which had been mentioned. So I have just been awaiting the appointment.

I truly believe TB was more deserving of getting points on the board for us, because one could see the improvements Almost immediately, with the team playing more football than was ever evident under Dowson this season. TB has bought some players into the club such as Shomotum and also given Ollie Box his opportunity, the team have shown more bottle. But we have still been so guilty of individual defensive mistakes which continued to cost us so dearly. Hopefully, that improvement in playing style and togetherness under TB will give Ady Pennock the foundation to build on quickly and push on to safety, with the probability of new signings also being added to the mix.

Today's postponement has probably been a blessing in disguise, as it gives Ady the opportunity of meeting and getting to know the players today and with no midweek game, prepare for our next match at Torquay.

Hopefully, Mickey Austen will now have a full coach load of supporters for this match.

COYD
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Spike wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:43 pm
Dicky Dart wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 pm Makes me laugh and sigh in equal measure when someone has a point of view that is different to everyone else and they get ganged up on and told they’re not fans. Dear me. Bullies rule, eh?
Oh no, not this old chestnut again. Usually it takes the form of saying "oh you can't say anything on here without being shot down" or comments about the "forum police" ... When are people going to grasp the concept that you can (within reason) post whatever you want, but others are not obliged to agree with everything you say and are perfectly entitled to say so if they think you are talking nonsense. By your own words Dicky, "a point of view that is different to everyone else" is inevitably going to be disagreed with by everyone else! How could it not be?

That said, being overwhelmingly disagreed with doesn't necessarily make you wrong, it is just an indication that you are in the minority. Well so what? If you think you are right then stand your ground and argue your case. If you are going to be critical of others (manager, club, board, etc) that's fine, but don't wimp out if you get a bit of flack come back your way from people with other views. If it so happens that 99% of people disagree with you, that is not "ganging up", that is just life! To call this "bullying" is pathetic in my opinion.
If you’re accused of not being a fan just because you hold an opinion not shared by the clique - pathetic in my opinion. You can disagree with someone without having an air of superiority.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That’s v true Dickie!! Now have my boots polished, & my horse groomed ready for me to ride at noon if u please!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Welcome Ady, I for one didn't his appointment coming so really don't know how I feel. But it is a good thing that we now have a decision made and we now know where we stand.
A new manager and hopefully we will see some of his players introduced in a bid to see the season saved. Yes, we need to get points in the bag and it won't be easy. But surely the guy has taken a risk with his managerial future. If he does save us all well and good, if he doesn't he maybe thinking of next season already. He's taken a risk, let's give him our support.
I say, good luck to the guy.
COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Anyone on here a member or know a member of THE CLIQUE?? I don't??

It's just different opinions held by different people, some may align with the club so don't.

That's all it is, nothing more.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

M1 South wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:21 am That’s v true Dickie!! Now have my boots polished, & my horse groomed ready for me to ride at noon if u please!!
:) Apologies for being late, sir.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Been away for weekend with the wife so real 1st chance of having my "tuppence worth " on Ade Pennock , he was 1 of 2 choices I wanted and I am NOT at all unhappy based on his CV which shows that he has the necessary coaching qualifications and widespread Management experience to do a really good job for us
Again, like TB he is NOT Houdini and IF we get relegated it will NOT be his fault BUT in11 games he has the opportunity to show the Fans some positive things that will give us a fighting chance to stay up and to disregard the obvious poor performers and bring in [ from his contacts ] at least 3 players with at least NLS class and above all communicate with the Fans , we need this as we have had enough of Dowse's bulls.t and false promises and focus his concentration on the 1st team , providing he does this he will have the backing of Darts fans even IF we go down !!!!!!

The Players have a great incentive to impress Ade , as NOT to do so [ most currently achieving that ] will mean no contract next term , as for cash incentives , no need , quality/genuine players dont need them !!!!

I believe Ade's appointment has given us the chance to enjoy the rest of the season with hopefully the end result we ALL want !!!!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Nice positive post Duke 8-)
KentC

Post by KentC »

The Duke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:04 pm Been away for weekend with the wife so real 1st chance of having my "tuppence worth " on Ade Pennock , he was 1 of 2 choices I wanted and I am NOT at all unhappy based on his CV which shows that he has the necessary coaching qualifications and widespread Management experience to do a really good job for us
Again, like TB he is NOT Houdini and IF we get relegated it will NOT be his fault BUT in11 games he has the opportunity to show the Fans some positive things that will give us a fighting chance to stay up and to disregard the obvious poor performers and bring in [ from his contacts ] at least 3 players with at least NLS class and above all communicate with the Fans , we need this as we have had enough of Dowse's bulls.t and false promises and focus his concentration on the 1st team , providing he does this he will have the backing of Darts fans even IF we go down !!!!!!

The Players have a great incentive to impress Ade , as NOT to do so [ most currently achieving that ] will mean no contract next term , as for cash incentives , no need , quality/genuine players dont need them !!!!

I believe Ade's appointment has given us the chance to enjoy the rest of the season with hopefully the end result we ALL want !!!!!

Some really good points well said imo
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Late to the show as I’ve been away in Vegas!

So it wasn’t Ted Lasso, that would have been fun y’all.

So after Clownson we appoint the sultan of Brunei, wish him all the best and hope he steadies the ship and is afforded the funds in the summer to build a team that we can all get behind and be proud of again.

Btw, just saying, any manager who brings players like Dinanga to Dartford is a better loan signing that any other in the last 24 months. Relax Dean.

Come on you Darts, see you in chavtown, sorry Yeovil :)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Looking forward to seeing/hearing from the new man. Perhaps the media boys/girls have it in hand. Would be nice to get some feedback on his appointment and expectations of the squad.
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s a fair point.
I think it would be very decent if he came out with an introductory interview with a bit about his intentions.
Surprised he hasn’t yet.
Spike

Post by Spike »

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ge-303010/

New Dartford manager Ady Pennock calls for top-to-bottom positivity at Princes Park as he begins National League South survival mission

Dartford manager Ady Pennock wants a positive approach from top to bottom as they prepare for “11 cup finals”.

The Darts are nervously sitting four points above the National League South relegation zone and have turned to former Gillingham and Welling boss Pennock to guide them to safety.

Pennock is no stranger to relegation battles having successfully steered the Gills and Barrow to safety previously. He’s certainly more than capable of reinvigorating a Dartford side who have won just once since Boxing Day.

“I’m very excited,” beamed Pennock, whose first game in charge last Saturday at home to Worthing was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

“The opportunity came up here, the infrastructure is fantastic and after meeting the co-chairman and directors for the first time, it just felt right.

“Whatever has happened in the past is gone, I’ve got 11 games to turn it around and I’m really looking forward to it. Of course, it’s going to be tough but I can’t wait.

“The biggest thing for me is everyone has to be positive, it’s about these 11 games and we need everyone on board, especially the fans, but more importantly for me the players have got to jump on board. We’ve got 11 cup finals.

“I’m already loving the challenge. I’ve always said a football club is like a marriage, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors - and this club is run properly from top to bottom. They’re good people here and we need to turn it around as quickly as we can.”

With the Darts taking their time to replace former boss Alan Dowson, Pennock has certainly had longer than normal to do his homework.

He’s seen plenty of the team under caretaker boss Tony Burman so is already up to speed.

“I’ve watched about five or six games, I didn’t go to Bath or Truro, which was lucky given that one got called off!” revealed Pennock.

“We’ve been watching games just in case it did happen as I wanted to be prepared. I haven’t come in blind and not knowing the players, the systems they’ve been playing, substitutions and injuries.

“It’s a different pressure from the top to the bottom, it’s easier when you’re at the top fighting for promotion or trying to get into the play-offs.

“I’ve been in this position two or three times in my managerial career and you have to change, some players might not adapt to that pressure and are used to getting promotion or being involved in play-offs year in, year out.

“The biggest thing is working hard, if everybody works hard together then you’ve got a chance. If you’ve got four or five players not bothered about it, then you’ve got no chance.

“Even the long-term injured players, I want them involved. From the co-chairman to the people in the club shop, everyone has to be together and I need the supporters as well.

“People ask what’s my philosophy and it’s winning games. We’re in a situation now where our philosophy has to be winning games.

“I think the players here are good enough but maybe a couple of faces will freshen it up as well.

“I want our players to have a go. I’ll be working on shape and set-plays and how I want us to play in certain areas so those fresh ideas will help them. I want that togetherness.

“I’ll leave no stone unturned and whatever happens I’ll be doing the best I can for this football club.”

Pennock’s most recent job saw him managing abroad at Brunei side DPMM but he insists he’s still in touch with the non-league scene.

The new Dartford manager will retain assistant Craig Belgrave and Jim Stannard - a former team-mate at Gillingham - in his coaching staff while also leaning on the experience of director of football Tony Burman.

“I’ve been back since mid-December, I’ve been watching games since then,” he stated.

“I’ve got a million and one contacts, you’ve got wyscout and YouTube nowadays so everything you need is there.

“I know a lot of people in the area. I’d be crazy not to listen to Tony, I’ve got Craig and Jim. Everywhere I’ve been I will always listen to people, another pair of eyes is better than just my pair of eyes.

“I know the league, I’ve worked in this league, I’ve worked in the one above and higher than that.

“It’s irrelevant what people say. Maybe I’ve got to win those fans over? I don’t know if I have to, but I know I will.”
KentC

Post by KentC »

Let’s support him 100%. He will need patience to turn this round and I believe he can.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Good positive interview , I like the paragragh " Ive got a million and 1 contacts and you've got wyscout and u tube nowadays so everything you need " , suggests bringing in a few new players , I realise he wont want to demotivate the few good players we have in the squad but needs to quickly forget the no hopers !!!!!

Will be interesting but initial reaction gives me every confidence he will be a good appointment !!!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Well it’s a good thing that he’s been along to watch 5 or 6 games in case he got the job because at least he can spot those that try to put effort in and those that just can’t be arsed and are a complete waste of space.

I think come the end of the season Ady will have a major clear out and bring in a lot of new players that he either knows or has been watching. I can see DFC getting a major shake up next season which is no bad thing.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I might have missed it somewhere but is Ady on a two year or a one year contract or to the end of season?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Bloody hell 5th, tell us something new. I shouldn't think there will be many of this squad at PP next season, if any.