New Manager.

Moderator: Gary C

Mark Sweet

Re: New Manager.

Post by Mark Sweet »

The issue we have now is Worthing are also on the look out for a new manager, and at the moment their club is a more attractive prospect than us. Don't be surprised if one of the names we have mentioned that we'd like to see here ends up at Worthing.

You snooze you lose I believe the saying goes.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’m not so sure?? Depends if they want to slow down a bit & semi retire down to the south coast or live in the thriving, multi cosmopolitan, bustling, 24/7 hub of activity that is Dartford??
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I personally would move down to the coast. At least you know you could be going places next season.
Whereas, we definitely know we're going places. Ramsgate, Cray Valley, Carshalton. Easier on the purse.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

M1 South wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 am I’m not so sure?? Depends if they want to slow down a bit & semi retire down to the south coast or live in the thriving, multi cosmopolitan, bustling, 24/7 hub of activity that is Dartford??
Where many of the pubs these days often close before Sainsbury's.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:05 pm
M1 South wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 am I’m not so sure?? Depends if they want to slow down a bit & semi retire down to the south coast or live in the thriving, multi cosmopolitan, bustling, 24/7 hub of activity that is Dartford??
Where many of the pubs these days often close before Sainsbury's.
You could try turning up before 10:30! :D
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Club hoping to make new appointment by the Worthing game on Saturday.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Dartford close in on new boss

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ss-302578/

Dartford look to appoint new manager after return of four points from eight games under caretaker boss Tony Burman in National League South

Dartford are closing in on their new manager.

KentOnline understands the Darts are keen to make an appointment before this Saturday’s National League South home game with third-placed Worthing.

Dartford sacked Alan Dowson in mid-January but they’ve taken just four points from eight games since that decision under the caretaker charge of Tony Burman.

They sit just four points and three places above the relegation zone with 11 games remaining.

Ironically, Aveley manager Danny Scopes, who guided his team to victory at Princes Park on Tuesday night, is believed to be leading the race to take charge at Princes Park.

Burman, as he has throughout the recruitment process, refused to be drawn on any timeframe but admitted that he expected a better points return during his caretaker tenure.

“It’s brutal and that’s management and football,” said Burman. “You’ve got to be honest with yourself.

“Sometimes you just have to say that you’ve tried your hardest, the players have tried their hardest but there’s just that lack of belief and a little bit of confidence.

“It’s tough and as I said before, there’s no magic wand. You try your hardest but the points that we’ve accumulated since I’ve been here have been so disappointing. I have to say we’ve deserved more but it hasn’t happened.

“I’ve been in charge for eight games, we haven’t turned the corner and we’re still where we are. We may have got some better performances but the results are what they are and we’ve only got four points which is so disappointing for myself and the players.

“The desired effect didn’t happen. The supporters have been excellent, I can’t fault them and a lot of people have been behind us but we just haven’t picked up enough points.

“We’ve been so close but the bottom line is we’re down there. The league table doesn’t lie and we have to pick up points.

“Everybody knows you need around 50 points, we’re not running out of games but we haven’t picked up as many points as I thought we would do.”

Burman added: “I’m not saying it needs a fresh voice but we’re getting close to them things happening. I’ve come in to help out. Has it helped out with the points we’ve got? No, it hasn’t.”

Any potential new manager will be up against a Worthing side that saw their long-serving manager Adam Hinshelwood depart for National League strugglers York City on Tuesday.

York splashed the cash in the summer but it hasn’t happened under two previous managers this season and the relegation-threatened outfit have turned to Hinshelwood to keep them up.

Worthing have appointed former club captain Aarran Racine as interim manager with coaches Gary Elphick and Cameron Morrison also leaving for York.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 am The issue we have now is Worthing are also on the look out for a new manager, and at the moment their club is a more attractive prospect than us. Don't be surprised if one of the names we have mentioned that we'd like to see here ends up at Worthing.

You snooze you lose I believe the saying goes.
Don’t worry Mark, Worthing have appointed their new Head Coach and not one that was in the frame for us (I’m pretty sure!)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Danny Scopes believed to be the favourite according to Kent Online today (thanks for pointing that out SD) and also reported that it is hoped an appointment will be made ahead of this weekend.
Clare

Post by Clare »

✍️NEW FIRST TEAM MANAGER: Adrian Pennock

We are delighted to welcome Adrian Pennock as first team manager with immediate effect!

Read more about the appointment via the link👇

➡️ https://buff.ly/48A8Hre

#DartfordFC #DartsFC
Last edited by Clare on Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Adrian Pennock
MickW

Post by MickW »

Welcome Mr Pennock - I hope you are super successful.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:24 am Danny Scopes believed to be the favourite according to Kent Online today (thanks for pointing that out SD) and also reported that it is hoped an appointment will be made ahead of this weekend.
the way he was celebrating Tuesday night when they scored, I thought there’s no chance of him coming to us?.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Not too sure about this one honestly.

I hope to be wrong but this is underwhelming for me. Gillingham fans don't seem to rate him
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm Not too sure about this one honestly.

I hope to be wrong but this is underwhelming for me. Gillingham fans don't seem to rate him
Who was expecting Jose Mouriho.🤣
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Obviously wish him well, but have to be honest and say how disappointing an appointment this is.
Not managed in the UK for a long time and comes across as a bit of a panic appointment.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:03 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm Not too sure about this one honestly.

Who was expecting Jose Mouriho.🤣
Not managed in England since 2018
Gillingham fans very critical
Been available since the start of the recruitment process and we've waited this long to get him in.

There's a lot to be skeptical of here, especially when names like Tony Russell and Danny Scopes have been thrown around who would have been good appointments.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I know very little about Pennock.
Hopefully he can get a tune out of this bunch of players.
I hope he can bring in
a bit of quality because we are in a little bit of trouble at the moment .
old git

Post by old git »

Time will tell, unfortunately we don`t have too much.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Daryford name there new manager

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... er-302706/

Dartford appoint former Gillingham boss Ady Pennock as new manager to replace Alan Dowson in National League South after seven-week search for new boss

Dartford’s seven-week wait for a new manager is over – and it’s a name familiar to Kent football.

The Darts have appointed Adrian Pennock as their new boss as they bid to avoid relegation from National League South.

The 52-year-old has only recently returned from a highly successful spell as manager of Brunei side DPMM.

He has no shortage of managerial experience, having previously been boss at Gillingham in the Football League.

In non-league circles, he was Welling manager for two seasons from 2005 before taking on a role with Stoke City. He then impressed at Forest Green and after the Gillingham experience, he was in charge at Barrow.

During his playing days, Pennock started with Norwich and went on to enjoy successful spells with Bournemouth and Gillingham.

A Dartford club statement said: “We are delighted to announce that after a rigorous recruitment process we have appointed Adrian Pennock as men’s first team manager with immediate effect.

“He comes with significant experience having coached a first team in the Premier League and managed in the EFL, National League, National Leage South and Internationally. He is qualified to the highest possible level holding a UEFA Pro licence.

“He has a track record of working with clubs at both ends of the table and is ideally placed for this season and beyond.

“His passion and vision for the future of Dartford Football Club was most evident and impressed us greatly.”

Pennock takes over with Dartford 18th in National League South on 38 points from 35 games. That leaves them just points above the relegation zone with 11 matches of their season remaining.

Truro and Taunton both have five games in hand below them but each will have a gruelling fixture schedule as they attempt to catch up on postponed matches.

Aveley manager Danny Scopes had been strongly linked with the post but it’s Pennock who has got the job at Princes Park.

Dartford host third-placed Worthing, who themselves lost manager Adam Hinshelwood to York City on Tuesday, at Princes Park this Saturday.