FAC 1st round Proper - Dartford v Abingdon Utd

TonyDart

FAC 1st round Proper - Dartford v Abingdon Utd

Post by TonyDart »

FA CUP WEEKEND IS HERE!
1pm kick-off
Dartford FC Women have made it into the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup!
The Ladies take on National league side @abingdonutdwfc!
🗓️ 12.11.23
⏱️ 1PM KO
📍Princes Park 3G
🎟️ Free Entry
A donations bucket for @gemsheps10 will be placed around Dartford FC this Sunday. Any donation will go towards Gemma’s ACL operations.
2023-24 v Abingdon FAC 1st rnd flyer.jpg
Ajaxman DFC

Re: FAC 1st round Proper - Dartford v Abingdon Utd

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

If I do nothing else this weekend I will most certainly be there on Sunday afternoon, not only to support this amazing team in the FA Cup, but to make a further contribution towards the ACL operation Gemma so desperately needs.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I've not watched the Women's side, nor taken much interest, but surprised to not find any comment or follow-up to their F A Cup game on Sunday, either on our Forum or the main club website (no surprise there!).
Had to Google to see that they won 2-0, and are now drawn away to Oxford United's Ladies.
Good luck in the next round on Nov 26th.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

BrianL wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:50 pm I've not watched the Women's side, nor taken much interest, but surprised to not find any comment or follow-up to their F A Cup game on Sunday, either on our Forum or the main club website (no surprise there!).
Had to Google to see that they won 2-0, and are now drawn away to Oxford United's Ladies.
They won 3-1.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Oh. So much for BBC Football Scores. Thanks for the update.
TonyDart

Post by TonyDart »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:18 pm
BrianL wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:50 pm I've not watched the Women's side, nor taken much interest, but surprised to not find any comment or follow-up to their F A Cup game on Sunday, either on our Forum or the main club website (no surprise there!).
They won 3-1.
Replying to Brassneck post re:score & report:
I am just going through all the Women's FA Cup notes, results stats etc for a proposed handbook for end of season and came across this posting.
I'm sorry that you were unable to find any result on the Abingdon match, but that is strange because your posting was as 12 .. pm and I posted my report at around 5pm of that day. I also note that the Abingdon report appears to be out of date order on the 'menu' page, so it might have been there but out of place (which I've never had issue over before).

I realise it's very frustrating when you want to follow the Women's progress and you can't find it! - but it does take me a couple of days to transcribe from my voice recorder (and I don't purport to be a reporter - I just "got the job" ) before posting to this site.

I'm working on the History of Dartford Women, the DFCW Development side and also Pre-Academy DFC Girls U13s to U18s, plus also DFC Girls Foundation stage "Wildcats" and up to U12s". Plus I'm working on an "FA Cup special" which I'm hoping will all culminate in celebrating "25 YEARS of the DARTFORD FC WOMEN" in June 2024. [Dartford FC Ladies was formed in 1999]. With all these plans I will also have to work at getting adequate sponsorship/and revenue in, to support the printing costs.

I hope that the DFC Women can keep up their great unbeaten League run of this season; they are at Ashford United tomorrow Sunday 17th Dec, and if you are able to support them in any way in the future please don't hesitate to contact me and I can point you in the right direction.

Both DFC Women (Home to Aylesford in League Cup) and Development side (Home to Eastbourne) resume after the Christmas & New Year break on 7th January 2024. So we have two matches in the same afternoon.

Cheers
from TonyDart. (Dartford FC Heritage & Research).
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

TonyDart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:55 pm
Replying to Brassneck post re:score & report:
I am just going through all the Women's FA Cup notes, results stats etc for a proposed handbook for end of season and came across this posting.
I'm sorry that you were unable to find any result on the Abingdon match, but that is strange because your posting was as 12 .. pm and I posted my report at around 5pm of that day. I also note that the Abingdon report appears to be out of date order on the 'menu' page, so it might have been there but out of place (which I've never had issue over before).
I don't understand what the problem is here. There is no problem regarding date order in the forum or are you talking about the amazing *cough* official website? Nope, can't be the official website as it doesn't even show the result of the Abingdon match (as at now - 18 December @ 18.30) - just the kick off time - over a MONTH later.

Brian posted on Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:50 pm about the match that happened 2 days prior and you posted the report some hours later at 5.35pm, so unless he had a crystal ball, he wouldn't have been able to read the report at 12:50 pm

If a normal topic is replied to, then that goes to the top of the list (under any "stickies"). It's always been like that, ie in LAST POST order.

On my other website, which Disco Stu solely maintains (I just pay for the domain name, the monthly fee for Managed Wordpress, so it's always up to date, the yearly SSL certificate and other security - I have no other involvement), he created a women's section. Have a look at https://puredfc.co.uk and click on DFC Womens Team. He has mentioned this in other posts, but no harm in mentioning it again. :D
TonyDart

Post by TonyDart »

Hi Rick,
re: Abingdon: I stand corrected! (12am/12pm whoops) - And now I understand from your line where you explained: "If a normal topic is replied to, then that goes to the top of the list (under any "stickies"). It's always been like that, ie in LAST POST order." - so thanks for correcting me.

Thanks for explaining about Disco Stu's puredfc. That's brilliant work he's doing and yet I didn't really know about it. (I think I've stumbled upon it some weeks ago but then couldn't find it at a later time. So, another good 'heads up' - thanks.
Tony