No votes
Deshane Dalling (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 47

KSTDART

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 9 Oct 2021 Kick off 3pm

Post by KSTDART »

Park Life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:43 am
KSTDART wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
Well done Kev, hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got to credit Harry for putting on the sound effects for me , thought it would be rude not to send it the the Hungerford Twitter page 😁
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:53 am
Park Life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:43 am
KSTDART wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
Well done Kev, hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got to credit Harry for putting on the sound effects for me , thought it would be rude not to send it the the Hungerford Twitter page 😁
yes, excellent 'capture the moment' work KST
May I suggest a caption for that clip? - "Injured by fresh air" :lol:
HTFC_Supporters

Post by HTFC_Supporters »

rick wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:06 am
What is quite funny is that the company I work for are based in Hungerford (so always nice to get a win) and are one of Hungerford Town's "crusader" sponsors. I will ask if they know they sponsor a pub team at our next Q&A.
Hello - just to clear up the “pub team” thing. Mr White from Dorking called us a pub team before we went to their place earlier this season so we’ve decided to own it. We’re actually very proud of our football club and the small band of volunteers that run it.

We’re punching well above our weight to play in this league. Our budget is maybe 1/5 of the bigger clubs in this division, so forgive us for not coming and trying to play you off the park. With the difference in quality, we all know how that would end.

Congratulations on your win yesterday. You’ve got a really good chance of going up this year. Maybe next year you’ll find out what it’s like to be massive underdogs every week 👍
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

HTFC, we know what it's like to be the 'underdogs' in the National League, Twice relegated but the first season they didn't want to let us go and pleaded with us to stay up :lol:
You have quite a good side at Hungerford, I just wish you'd brought them up with you yesterday :lol: It's been a few years to my knowledge that I've seen a bunch of spoilers on the pitch of that calibre, but you cracked it
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

HTFC_Supporters wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:34 pm
rick wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:06 am
What is quite funny is that the company I work for are based in Hungerford (so always nice to get a win) and are one of Hungerford Town's "crusader" sponsors. I will ask if they know they sponsor a pub team at our next Q&A.
Hello - just to clear up the “pub team” thing. Mr White from Dorking called us a pub team before we went to their place earlier this season so we’ve decided to own it. We’re actually very proud of our football club and the small band of volunteers that run it.

We’re punching well above our weight to play in this league. Our budget is maybe 1/5 of the bigger clubs in this division, so forgive us for not coming and trying to play you off the park. With the difference in quality, we all know how that would end.

Congratulations on your win yesterday. You’ve got a really good chance of going up this year. Maybe next year you’ll find out what it’s like to be massive underdogs every week 👍
Sorry my friend , claiming to having 1/5 of the budgets of most clubs and punching above your weight, won’t cut it when it comes to your team playing negative football . For your information , we were in the league above us not long ago and with a part time squad that finished in eighth place , and all this was achieved with a great manager on limited funds trying to play attractive football . I do understand your sentiment on being the underdog , but we’ve been there , but our teams have always tried to entertain and sometimes with great success . But if you’re happy with your team playing to the standard that was witnessed on Saturday , then we are happy for you .
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

We never stopped playing football while we were in the league above and certainly did not embarrass ourselves with the pathetic antics . Your keeper deserves an oscar but the best moment was when another one of your players started to roll around as if he was dying only to jump up to his feet when he was reminded by another player we had just scored , comedy gold 🤣🤣🤣
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

We just been thru a pandemic, thousands lost jobs , loved ones etc, football is a entertainment business, if I had come for the first time Saturday I would not come again after seeing such pathetic a team as hungerford. Great role models, cheating , time wasting , trying to get players sent off and even the poor physio looked embarrassed running on doing nothing then running off. If winning or getting a draw by them means , makes u happy no wonder nobody comes to watch u and three away supporters came yesterday.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That’s a tad harsh .……I counted 7 !!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

...and there are usually a couple of wealthy ones in the seats....
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I actually thought that the Hungerford keeper was a very good shot stopper and commanded his area well.
But his antics let him down imho.
If they want to improve their league position....Time wasting, feigning injury and spoiling tactics will keep them up but it won't get them up.
After watching the Darts for 63 year's..I have never seen a team promoted by all the antics mentioned above.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6AErPYl1I

Turns out they do the same rubbish every week (game highlights start at 9 mins in)
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

“Camped out like Dale Wynton at a music festival”. Wtf???
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Enjoyed listening on the commentary. There wasvthat worry as the game dragged on and we couldn't get a goal, while the Hungerford tactics continued to frustrate, but sometimes you have to grind out a win, and that's what we did.
Really proud of tye team yesterdsy. These wins can be just as important as beating the top clubs. Great to see a gap opeing.
Frustrating as it was I won't criticise Hungerford. This was not part of their mini league, and they came to nick something. Horrible to wstch, and a joy when it went wrong but legitimate for them (you can see I wasn't there!).
COYD
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

As an aside from the Dorking You Tube recording, I don't think I have ever been aware of so much rubber, dust, whatever, being thrown up from that 4G Dorking pitch. Every running step, every time the ball took a bounce, even horizontally, created a small cloud of dust. Surely can't be healthy for the players.

As regards the match, it just shows that the Darts did so well to overcome such negative Hungerford tactics. But the Dorking match also showed up the limitations of the match officials in taking no action to stop the Hungerford time-wasting. No spoken warnings. An early caution would have made Hungerford more cautious to continuing fouls. Whatever happened to persistent fouling being penalised.

Great to see a crowd of 1305 at our game, especially since there were so few Hungerford supporters in attendance. Mind you, how I wish we could have had the crowd of 3334 who turned up at Dulwich. Was that to welcome Ronnie Vint back to Champion Hill for his loan spell !!!!?

Will need all our wits about us next weekend when we take on Sudbury, so perhaps yesterday's game was a good preparation for the cup tie.

COYD
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

So happy to get these 3 points. Hungerford are being helped by generous officials who are getting conned most weeks. They have a siege mentality and playing the ‘ we’re a small club with small budget crap.

Onwards and upwards though, massive 3 points and now we go to Sudbury high on still being unbeaten
Spike

Post by Spike »

HTFC_Supporters wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:34 pm Hello - just to clear up the “pub team” thing. Mr White from Dorking called us a pub team before we went to their place earlier this season so we’ve decided to own it. We’re actually very proud of our football club and the small band of volunteers that run it.

Marc White calling you a pub team was disrespectful, but honestly, given the abuse he gives his own players you probably got off lightly. You are not a pub team, you are where you are on merit, but if you were a pub team you would probably have played with a bit more freedom and we'd have seen a bit more football. I am realistic enough to understand WHY you employed such negative tactics and I agree, had you not done so it probably wouldn't have gone well from your perspective. For a large part of the game it appeared to be working and our lads were getting very frustrated. These methods may actually win you some games that you might otherwise not have won, so on a professional level your manager may get some credit for any such results, but that doesn't mean people watching have any obligation to approve of it. I would respectfully suggest that you suck up the criticism because if you play like that you're going to get it every week. Your team's methods absolutely ruined the game and however much you understandably want to show support for your club, I can't believe that anyone who loves football would get any enjoyment from watching that sort of nonsense every week. Of course, all the while you come up against referees as pathetic as the one we had yesterday, you may be allowed to get away with such tactics and they may even bring you a modicum of success, but if success does ever come your way, I wonder if there will be anyone left to see it.
Last edited by Spike on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Danny Robinson was very complimentary in the aftermath of defeat towards, not only our team, but the club in general.
He set his side up to do what they had to do and unfortunately for them it never paid of. They knew going toe to toe with us most certainly wasn't an option as it would have been suicidal for them.
If anything their antics should be taken as a backhanded compliment as it looked to me as though they were gripped by the fear factor and only felt safe when the ball was out of play.
Even at 0-1 I thought they were going for damage limitation in the hope that come the end of the season they might just stay up by finishing above Welling on goal difference.
Although it looks like Peter Taylor's arrival might just have completely scuppered that theory.

Once again our very own Steve King has demonstrated his no stone unturned approach in his preparation and thorough research of the opposition.
By the time Saturday came he probably knew more about their players than they did.
And what he didn't know probably wasn't worth knowing anyway.

Even as I post this, he's probably already halfway through compiling a new top secret dossier code named SODBURY.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Well said Spike, my sentiments entirely!!
Pete S; it’s not dust it’s tiny little rubber balls/pellets they put down to lessen the bounce of the ball I believe?
Talking to a couple of our players they say they still find them in every crack & crevice for days after, despite all the baths/showers taken!!
And what an idiot that Hungerford scorer of their first goal, doing a knee slide on a dry artificial pitch!! Wouldn’t want him building any wall for me, give me Oz from Auf weidersahn pet any day. Much more intelligence!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

https://youtu.be/lzM9X_KGiBA
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Wasnt at the game but just seen the highlights , Hungerford as stupid as IF she used their siege mentality [ a la Wimbledon in Vinny Jones era ] keep being agressive/ borederline dirty and cut out the crazy time wasting and feigning injury they would still be effective and still very difficult to beat , as it is they are terrible to watch and I certainlywont be spending my cash to watch them at Hungerford !!!

I enjoyed watching the Dorking/ Hungerford game plus extras on u tube but whilst I am sure Marc White is a football nut he really has no class as Fing and blinding at his team and the new Ladies team and taking the piss out of the 38 year old player , wonder how long she now stays , very noticable that Lee Worgan a well respected non league Goalkeeper has already had enough of him and moved to Eastbourne , its ONLY big pay pay packets that keep players at Dorking cause who is the real world would want to give their best for him !!!!!!!!!!