Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes
Deshane Dalling (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 47

Top Cat

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 9 Oct 2021 Kick off 3pm

Post by Top Cat »

Not a good game for the neutral today , anybody seeing the darts for the first time today would be wondering what all the fuss is about ? But that said it does take both teams to produce a good game of football and unfortunately Hungerford were only there to play the spoiling game , with constant play acting with their feigning of injuries . I thought their goalkeeper; although losing his composure for much of the second half , was their best player and actually made a couple of very good saves to keep them in it . With all that’s been said these games are the Bread and Butter matches where all that matters is we get the job done and three points in the bag , especially as our nearest rivals lost today .I went for Danny Leonard for MAN of the match today , great skill and always a threat on that right wing and brilliant assist for Ades winner .
Last edited by Top Cat on Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Hilarious assessment of our supporters not returning the ball on the Hungerford supporters Twitter site:

Top quality shithousery from the @dartfordfc today not giving the ball back when it went out. Imagine having to go to those lengths to beat a #pubteamfromberkshire @HungerfordTown 🤍🖤 #htfc

Amazing how they see no wrong in their continuous time wasting and feigning of injuries or the irony in their comments. If there was any shithousery at play it was well and truly perfected by that bunch. Good luck to our opponents dealing with all that bullsh*t for the remainder of the season.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

What an enjoyable last 30mins. Once we finally got the breakthrough, Hungerford had to change their tik taks, all of a sudden they had to play football. Shame they couldn't be bothered with that beforehand and dedicated the day to rolling around and wasting time. The fans quite rightly returned that favour holding the ball back for a few seconds to wind up the keeper, I enjoyed that. Their fans cant understand, as this is what they are used to week in and week out, clearly.

Well done Darts for grinding out the result for a decent crowd. Great work by Leonard and finish by Azeez for the goal.

Their keeper made two very good saves first half, had it not been for two scuffs by azeez and dalling at then end, it could have been 3, either way we got the points and deserved them.

Maidstone lost too... love it. Let's wait for the managers excuses this week.

COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

I suppose we should be flattered that Hungerford were too scared to come out and play, opting instead for an anti-football strategy of total shithousery. At least, we might be flattered were it not for the fact that, by all accounts, they would seem to have done the same thing against everybody else.
Unfortunately the ref just didn't seem to grasp what was going on and his response was so feeble it undoubtedly encouraged the shenanigans. Okay, maybe those tactics have proven successful in the past and to be fair, they did prove to be a right royal pain in the arse for an hour or so, but I can't help thinking that if all teams played that way, football would be finished as a spectator sport. Hungerford were horrible to watch, time wasting on a ridiculous level, starting just minutes after kick off. Darts took the bait and got a little too involved in the first half, which I think was exactly what Hungerford wanted. The interval helped us regain our composure and thankfully a bit of Danny Leonard magic set sharp shooting phenomenon Ade Azeez up for yet another notch on his gun. The relief reverberated around the ground and it was the very least Darts deserved. At that point Hungerford suddenly acquired a desire to take part in the game and it was poetic justice watching them get frustrated as the clock ran down and time ran out. In truth, after going one up it was Darts who could have, should have scored more goals. Make no mistake though, it's victories like this that wins titles. Sometimes you just have to grind them out. In the end it was a victory for football, not just for Dartford.

MOTM for me was Meade. This fella is immense.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I have been involved in football both watching and running teams for over 45 years and for me the worse feeling in the world is losing a game you've never really tried to win, Hungerford fall into that category 100%.
From the first minute until around the 60-65th minute they made absolutely no attempt to try to win the game and whilst i sort of understand their motives i cannot believe their players or fans enjoy these tactics. I have no idea what the few supporters they had must of thought of it but i would suspect they wished they had stayed at home instead, i certainly would not want to watch those tactics every week.

First half i thought we got involved a bit too much but second half we were a different proposition and thoroughly deserved our win, although on the opportunities and chances we created it should have been a few more.

Crowd steadily growing and today i believe 1305 were in attendance which is a lot more than i expected, also been told two supporters coaches already booked for Sudbury next week which is a reflection on the quality of football we are producing.

As usual plenty of good performances today, i thought the back five were solid all game and Jake tremendous on the mic :lol: :lol: , but MOTM for me was Noor. Sometimes a player and club just fit and i think he's found his footballing home :) :)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wins come in all shapes and sizes and that was one of them. Find a way to score against that lot today and there was only going to be one winner - and we did! A good goal it was too!

Jernade Meade MotM for me today. The wee man is growing in stature week after week.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Skip wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 pm Hilarious assessment of our supporters not returning the ball on the Hungerford supporters Twitter site:

Top quality shithousery from the @dartfordfc today not giving the ball back when it went out. Imagine having to go to those lengths to beat a #pubteamfromberkshire @HungerfordTown 🤍🖤 #htfc
I'm not sure about pub team from Berkshire. I've seen some really decent pub teams.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well I played for quite a few pub teams but I would not play for a pub team who used such cynical tactics as Hungerford.
We have had a
Welling fan on here tonight and he said that Hungerford were just as negative against them.
The strange thing to me is imo hungerford were not that bad but they were far more interested in
spoiling and conning the individual who was described as a referee than playing football.
Anyway we got the points and cynical FC went home empty handed.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Danny Robinson’s Post Match Interview at Dartford: https://youtu.be/yJDgypZ3yjw
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

htpubteam.jpg

What is quite funny is that the company I work for are based in Hungerford (so always nice to get a win) and are one of Hungerford Town's "crusader" sponsors. I will ask if they know they sponsor a pub team at our next Q&A.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Hungerford came to spoil that was their only game plan
We got sucked in during the first half but last ten minutes we started to play
I am sure kingy would have had a dig at half time as we totally dominated the second half and should have won by 3/4 goals
Their keeper was very good but in a way he spoiled himself and was more like coco the clown at the end . He deserved to lose more than anyone on that pitch
I loved azeez goal and hi reaction to confront coco, I can only imagine coco was sledging throughout the game and the face to face was take that coco, a yellow was nothing to the joy he took from the celebration 🤣
Five clear, could not ask for more
Husin was again magnificent
Things you can guarantee from Steve king is a great squad great play determination from players and players doing what they are told and above all sartorial elegance from the King
However his jacket was not up to standard today and I am sure it was not his. In fact I think the poor jacket probably unsettled the team and was partly to blame for the poor opening half hour😀
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I think the sad thing is if Hungerford put their mind to it they could be a good side. To employ the tactic of putting 4 guys upfield while defending a corner showed they wanted something from the game. It's just a shame that for 80 minutes they whinged and whined and rolled about.
Good performance's all over the pitch from our lads. Meade, Husin, Wynter and Azeez stand out's. I would have gone for Jordan but my MOTM was Danny Leonard. Still has a lot to learn and will be a star, but at times in the second half they couldn't touch him and to lay on the goal was a brilliant moment for the lad.
What a shame there was only one team on the pitch, or one that showed any interest at least. :evil:
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

This is quite a serious allegation re. the jacket.
Has anyone checked to see if Heyrettin was trying to squeeze into something yesterday? It clearly didn’t work.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

On a side note, has there ever been a team with so many terrible haircuts as hungerford? Ranged from bald to sideshow Bob , to the keeper who looked like his mum had done it to a centre half who with his silly goatee beard looked like his head was upside down. The barbers up there must have a sense of humour, tho u would need a laugh if you paid to watch that lot every week.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Not a great match yesterday due mainly to spoiling tactics of Hungerford, and all I can say is they got exactly what they deserved out of the game. Sad thing was in my opinion once they had to start playing they were not a bad side.

But Darts got the result, I thought we missed Murgtagh in the middle was he injured as well as Captain Tom ?

5 points clear can’t ask for more than that

COYD
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I think that it was Northern Ireland who had a player sent off yesterday for 2 yellows ,the 2nd yellow was for TIME WASTING! In the first half
What a pity that that particular referee was not officiating at our game against Hungerford.An early yellow for their TIME wasting would have made the game a much better watch.
?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
Well done Kev, hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rambo

Post by rambo »

I think you have cracked it DA Mikey perhaps Steve did meet Hakan on Friday night and they picked up each other’s jacket in error
I bet when Maidstone went 2-0 down Hakan did a Norman Wisdom tumble down .I hope he didn’t damage the King’s jacket
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Well done Kev,you'v raised the bar👍😂😂