Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes
Deshane Dalling (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 47

dartLion

Re: Dartford v Hungerford Sat 9 Oct 2021 Kick off 3pm

Post by dartLion »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm How sweet was that?! We had to beat a cheating bunch of so-and-so’s and the referee. Their keeper could have been man of the match if handn’t been such a cheating little c c c cry-baby! Well done you super Darts. You dealt with one of the worst anti-football teams I have had the displeasure of seeing. Worse than Forest Green Rovers a few years back. Ade Azeez made my day. Not just for the goal but the way he gave the keeper his ‘face’ after the goal. That told that miserable bunch exactly what we all thought of him and them and it was well worth a yellow card in my book. Ade and Noor are the absolute dogs nuts for us week after week. Noor edges it for my MOTM today. I got more pleasure out of that win than any so far this season. 5 points clear. Suck it up boys n girls.
Add Jernaide Meade to your week after week dogs nuts list please Slightly, despite him being a bit of a shortie, he is a colussus in the team!
Thought the referee was one of the weakest and poorest at this level, Darts players respected him but Hungerford number 6 should have been carded for persistent chat if nothing else.
A win carved out against a negative team only calls for more accolades all round. My biggest disappointment however, (there's always one from this hypo-critical fan) was that Wilks decided to catch the ball and fall to the ground, when their annoying keeper was stationed on the halfway line. I don't think Wilks needed to fall, following a regulation, no challenge collection of the ball, and knowing the strength of his kick, a punt at goal could have seen one of those goals of a lifetime?
Another good day at the office all round, well done SK and team. COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

dartLion wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:13 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm How sweet was that?! We had to beat a cheating bunch of so-and-so’s and the referee. Their keeper could have been man of the match if handn’t been such a cheating little c c c cry-baby! Well done you super Darts. You dealt with one of the worst anti-football teams I have had the displeasure of seeing. Worse than Forest Green Rovers a few years back. Ade Azeez made my day. Not just for the goal but the way he gave the keeper his ‘face’ after the goal. That told that miserable bunch exactly what we all thought of him and them and it was well worth a yellow card in my book. Ade and Noor are the absolute dogs nuts for us week after week. Noor edges it for my MOTM today. I got more pleasure out of that win than any so far this season. 5 points clear. Suck it up boys n girls.
Add Jernaide Meade to your week after week dogs nuts list please Slightly, despite him being a bit of a shortie, he is a colussus in the team!
Thought the referee was one of the weakest and poorest at this level, Darts players respected him but Hungerford number 6 should have been carded for persistent chat if nothing else.
A win carved out against a negative team only calls for more accolades all round. My biggest disappointment however, (there's always one from this hypo-critical fan) was that Wilks decided to catch the ball and fall to the ground, when their annoying keeper was stationed on the halfway line. I don't think Wilks needed to fall, following a regulation, no challenge collection of the ball, and knowing the strength of his kick, a punt at goal could have seen one of those goals of a lifetime?
Another good day at the office all round, well done SK and team. COYD
Yes indeed. Difficult to not include the whole squad.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

We will get more of the cynical Hungerford tactics from other teams and we will find a way round them as we did today .
Time wasting , feigning injury, kicking the ball away and A weak referee added up to a frustrating afternoon but we got past the negativity and Hungerford went home with what they deserved .NOTHING!!

today positive football won through and negativity lost out .
Well done Darts!!
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Fantastic boys,what a journey we're on,hard to follow on updates but as their tactics preceeded them felt a little easier once we had scored.
Great attendance,a few of the old faces returning to see what all the fuss is about.
In a Devon pub got speaking to a chap on holiday from Truro.His words said it all "you're on fire"
He's not wrong x
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Not surprised that the game turned out like it did. Hungerford don't concede many but of course don't score that many either. I didn't think they were actually a bad side but I would hate following that if that was their usual tactics. However, the lads ket it together and edged past them and the ref to get a well deserved 3 pts. Noor for me today should definitely be playing at a higher level - and of course he will with us next season.

COYD
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

I liked it near the end when their sub went down and clearly they had been told to stay down and waste time pre game but then he remembered they were losing so sprung back up to get on with the game! Not much to say, a bit after the Lord Mayors show after last week, but a wins a win! Hope their number 3 is not too bad but it was innocuous and they can be the worst in terms of injury
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Silverado wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm Where was Tom Bonner today? Is he injured?
He went off last week after about 80 looked like a hamstring but was doing a little bit of work on the pitch today pre game putting the mascot through his paces so hopefully not too bad
Skip

Post by Skip »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
Quality, Kev 🤣🤣🤣
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 pm Ok , it would seem we have all done the Hungerford keeper a huge mis-justice . After reviewing the footage you can clearly hear a shot from a mystery sniper

https://youtu.be/7GzjhO2-d4Y
Brilliant 🤣 you can hear the disappointment by the said sniper when he realised he missed 🤣
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

That’s the way Hungerford play. Did the same against Welling. They took the lead early (surprise surprise) then the keeper took about 2 minutes over each goal kick. Out field players falling over at the slightest touch etc. A complete bunch of cloggers.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Not a good game for the neutral today , anybody seeing the darts for the first time today would be wondering what all the fuss is about ? But that said it does take both teams to produce a good game of football and unfortunately Hungerford were only there to play the spoiling game , with constant play acting with their feigning of injuries . I thought their goalkeeper; although losing his composure for much of the second half , was their best player and actually made a couple of very good saves to keep them in it . With all that’s been said these games are the Bread and Butter matches where all that matters is we get the job done and three points in the bag , especially as our nearest rivals lost today .I went for Danny Leonard for MAN of the match today , great skill and always a threat on that right wing and brilliant assist for Ades winner .
Last edited by Top Cat on Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Hilarious assessment of our supporters not returning the ball on the Hungerford supporters Twitter site:

Top quality shithousery from the @dartfordfc today not giving the ball back when it went out. Imagine having to go to those lengths to beat a #pubteamfromberkshire @HungerfordTown 🤍🖤 #htfc

Amazing how they see no wrong in their continuous time wasting and feigning of injuries or the irony in their comments. If there was any shithousery at play it was well and truly perfected by that bunch. Good luck to our opponents dealing with all that bullsh*t for the remainder of the season.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

What an enjoyable last 30mins. Once we finally got the breakthrough, Hungerford had to change their tik taks, all of a sudden they had to play football. Shame they couldn't be bothered with that beforehand and dedicated the day to rolling around and wasting time. The fans quite rightly returned that favour holding the ball back for a few seconds to wind up the keeper, I enjoyed that. Their fans cant understand, as this is what they are used to week in and week out, clearly.

Well done Darts for grinding out the result for a decent crowd. Great work by Leonard and finish by Azeez for the goal.

Their keeper made two very good saves first half, had it not been for two scuffs by azeez and dalling at then end, it could have been 3, either way we got the points and deserved them.

Maidstone lost too... love it. Let's wait for the managers excuses this week.

COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

I suppose we should be flattered that Hungerford were too scared to come out and play, opting instead for an anti-football strategy of total shithousery. At least, we might be flattered were it not for the fact that, by all accounts, they would seem to have done the same thing against everybody else.
Unfortunately the ref just didn't seem to grasp what was going on and his response was so feeble it undoubtedly encouraged the shenanigans. Okay, maybe those tactics have proven successful in the past and to be fair, they did prove to be a right royal pain in the arse for an hour or so, but I can't help thinking that if all teams played that way, football would be finished as a spectator sport. Hungerford were horrible to watch, time wasting on a ridiculous level, starting just minutes after kick off. Darts took the bait and got a little too involved in the first half, which I think was exactly what Hungerford wanted. The interval helped us regain our composure and thankfully a bit of Danny Leonard magic set sharp shooting phenomenon Ade Azeez up for yet another notch on his gun. The relief reverberated around the ground and it was the very least Darts deserved. At that point Hungerford suddenly acquired a desire to take part in the game and it was poetic justice watching them get frustrated as the clock ran down and time ran out. In truth, after going one up it was Darts who could have, should have scored more goals. Make no mistake though, it's victories like this that wins titles. Sometimes you just have to grind them out. In the end it was a victory for football, not just for Dartford.

MOTM for me was Meade. This fella is immense.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I have been involved in football both watching and running teams for over 45 years and for me the worse feeling in the world is losing a game you've never really tried to win, Hungerford fall into that category 100%.
From the first minute until around the 60-65th minute they made absolutely no attempt to try to win the game and whilst i sort of understand their motives i cannot believe their players or fans enjoy these tactics. I have no idea what the few supporters they had must of thought of it but i would suspect they wished they had stayed at home instead, i certainly would not want to watch those tactics every week.

First half i thought we got involved a bit too much but second half we were a different proposition and thoroughly deserved our win, although on the opportunities and chances we created it should have been a few more.

Crowd steadily growing and today i believe 1305 were in attendance which is a lot more than i expected, also been told two supporters coaches already booked for Sudbury next week which is a reflection on the quality of football we are producing.

As usual plenty of good performances today, i thought the back five were solid all game and Jake tremendous on the mic :lol: :lol: , but MOTM for me was Noor. Sometimes a player and club just fit and i think he's found his footballing home :) :)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wins come in all shapes and sizes and that was one of them. Find a way to score against that lot today and there was only going to be one winner - and we did! A good goal it was too!

Jernade Meade MotM for me today. The wee man is growing in stature week after week.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Skip wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 pm Hilarious assessment of our supporters not returning the ball on the Hungerford supporters Twitter site:

Top quality shithousery from the @dartfordfc today not giving the ball back when it went out. Imagine having to go to those lengths to beat a #pubteamfromberkshire @HungerfordTown 🤍🖤 #htfc
I'm not sure about pub team from Berkshire. I've seen some really decent pub teams.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well I played for quite a few pub teams but I would not play for a pub team who used such cynical tactics as Hungerford.
We have had a
Welling fan on here tonight and he said that Hungerford were just as negative against them.
The strange thing to me is imo hungerford were not that bad but they were far more interested in
spoiling and conning the individual who was described as a referee than playing football.
Anyway we got the points and cynical FC went home empty handed.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Danny Robinson’s Post Match Interview at Dartford: https://youtu.be/yJDgypZ3yjw