Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes
Joash Nembhard (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Mark Sweet

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 26 Mar 2024

Post by Mark Sweet »

Harry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:56 pm Incredible effort from those 40 or so supporters tonight, lets hope two draws can be built upon in the coming games.

I can see us causing Chelmsford a few problems, so I am hoping we can cause an upset over there.

What has given you any idea we will cause them problems?
They scored in the 93rd and 96th minute when 2-1 down last game to win 3-2, showing incredible fight in their promotion battle.

We are a team fighting at the opposite end of the table where nobody predicted us to be, and we've got players who could not looked less arsed.

We will do well to keep it under 4 goals.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 pm
Matt85 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm If this is a team fighting for survival then put the white flags up now.
Woeful,no other word for it.
The new lad up top is miles off what’s needed, and as for coulson.
Not really a team, is it? A group of individuals - some that have been here for a while, some of which have got a few games under their belt, some constantly on the treatment table, some with a bit of talent, some here on loan for a few weeks, etc…

It’s all so fragmented, there no stability or consistency at all. This season has been far worse than the two CS relegation campaigns.

Fair play to all of you there. Hope you have decent journeys back.
Exactly that mate.
A team of individuals who have very little ability, fight or connection to the club.
It’s all going through the motions.
Don’t get me wrong, the conditions tonight were horrific but we are fighting for our lives and it felt like a friendly.
The wingers slow the game down as soon as we go forward and we’ve not had a forward who looks like scoring all season.
I find it hard to find any positives in tonight, that’s not a group of players who are giving everything for the shirt.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I don’t believe people on here, we are out of the relegation zone a positive we kept a clean sheet another positive, I think some on here want us to go down so they can gloat about it
Spike

Post by Spike »

KentC wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:06 pm
Spike wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:50 pm It is better, it's just not close to being better enough. Nevertheless, it's still not over and you have to keep plugging away.

He has not had enough time, he was busy watching from the stands. This is in no way a dig at him, in fact he gives me a little confidence wherever we end up.

I can hear a certain lady clearing her throat.
Absolutely agree. Nobody in their right mind would be blaming Ady. He has improved things but he was dealt a shocking hand and all things considered is doing pretty well.
KentC

Post by KentC »

JCJ wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm I don’t believe people on here, we are out of the relegation zone a positive we kept a clean sheet another positive, I think some on here want us to go down so they can gloat about it

Take a long hard look at the league table.
Take a long hard look at our remaining fixtures.
Take a long hard look at our form guide.
What do you want people to say.
To say people want to go down to gloat is an insult to those who like everyone pay their money, support the team through this difficult period and go through all the emotions as everyone does.
If anyone wants us to go down then they are definitely not a Dartford supporter how can they be, but then I’m not throwing that at people.
Spike

Post by Spike »

All those plusses listed by JCJ are valid and we are improving, but the simple maths of the situation is that the last two results have reduced our survival chances, not enhanced them. However, all the while there is even the slightest chance of survival, there is nothing to be gained by calling out anyone and the best thing we can do is just get behind the team and roar them on until the very last nail has been driven into the coffin. Where there's life there's hope.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Loved the way all the players, and especially AP, came over to say thank you to all the travelling supporters! Dowse only insulted supporters from my memory
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Nothing like talking the team up
COYD'S
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Lars Resort wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:49 am Nothing like talking the team up
COYD'S

Got home at 2am and after a few hours sleep I’m still struggling to find a positive in last night. The conditions would have been a huge factor but we just seemed to be going through the motions all night. Nobody wanted to get hold of the game or run through walls to bring it to life.
We are desperately missing a leader on the pitch, coulson has been well off it for weeks now.
Definitely a positive getting a clean sheet, but other than that I’m struggling.
The new additions look worse than who we’ve sent back but in Bray’s defence we barely created a chance for him all night.
Massive boost on Friday having greenidge and Barzey back, potentially box too.
Hemel and Truro were two very poor sides that we should of taken 6 points from, that’s the frustration.
Still plenty to play for but the games are being chalked off thick and fast now.
COYD’S!!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Well done to all the fans that made the effort to get down and support the team. Seems like we have stopped the rot at the back but need to find it our shooting boots. Onto Chelmsford Friday, where if ever we needed a bit of luck, now's the time please

Coyds
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Until the final nail is in the coffin we got to keep behind the team. Yes, it's not looking good but keep behind them.
As we are told management and player's do not come on here. So all this negativity on here is pointless.
We've been in worse scrapes than this, there is still a little hope left.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Good luck for the last 6 games Darts.

Whatever happens hopefully we can rebuild in the summer Whatever league we are in .
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ady's post match interview:-

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ht-304107/

"It's a long way to go on a Tuesday night"

Dartford manager Ady Pennock reacts to 0-0 draw at Truro City in National League South and thanks fans for their support

Manager Ady Pennock hailed Dartford’s travelling supporters after they climbed out of the National League South drop zone on Tuesday night.

The Darts travelled to Gloucester’s Meadow Park ground to face Truro and returned with a goalless draw in testing conditions.

“I’ve got to say thank you to the supporters that travelled down, they were magnificent,” stressed Pennock.

“It’s a long way to go on a Tuesday night, and the conditions were awful with the rain but they were there to the end and they clapped the lads off which the players fully deserved.

“We really appreciate them and their backing.

“I thought we were arguably the better side. The players did well and we should have gone in ahead as we had a couple of clear-cut chances in the first half.

“We got a little bit tired towards the end of the second half but we had one blocked on the line at the end and our luck just wasn’t in. I was pleased, it was a clean sheet and the conditions were awful.

“Psychologically we’ve moved up a place so that’s great and we’re unbeaten in two games now which is a positive.”

Pennock’s only cause for complaint was that they failed to test the home goalkeeper enough, despite getting into some good positions.

“Overall to come away and get a point I’m pleased with but we were looking for all three obviously,” he said.

“The only disappointing thing was that we didn’t test their keeper more with the chances that we had.

“When you go away from home in those conditions then you have to say it’s a point gained.

“We had some tired legs out there with the astroturf as well. It was a positive performance and the players gave me everything, they honestly did.

“I can’t ask for anything else and they were dead on their feet again at the end so I can’t complain at all.

“It's not for the lack of trying. We created some good chances but we didn’t test the keeper enough.

“Like everyone, of course we want to win these games but if teams around us take three points then it’s a tall order for us as they move further away.

“There’s a lot of football to be played yet and we’re still in there fighting. We’ll fight in every game and give it our all.”

Dartford travel to second-placed Chelmsford on Good Friday before hosting third-bottom Eastbourne on Easter Monday at Princes Park
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:51 pm All those plusses listed by JCJ are valid and we are improving, but the simple maths of the situation is that the last two results have reduced our survival chances, not enhanced them. However, all the while there is even the slightest chance of survival, there is nothing to be gained by calling out anyone and the best thing we can do is just get behind the team and roar them on until the very last nail has been driven into the coffin. Where there's life there's hope.

To say some on here want us to go down so they can gloat is a truly awful thing to say so his pluses mean absolutely nothing.
I think people are trying to be as positive as possible.
It’s a cheap crappy shot from JCJ.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Actually, I agree with JCJ. There are some on here that want us to go down. And yes, they will gloat.
Unfortunately you do get people like that. Sad to say.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I can’t think of any one of us that actually ‘want’ us to go down. But I can name many who are anticipating it to the point of checking potential away days next season. Including me.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I dont want us to get relegated but IF we survive then unless major changes take place ,one being a big increase in players budget then we will be scratching around for quality players as we cannot [ currently] compete with the " sugar daddy clubs" so we will be in same predicament next season as this , possibly mid table at best OR IF we go down Ade Pennock will have a number of quality Academy lads who have already shown that they are hungry to progress but currently NLS is a step to far but the Isthmian Premier wouldnt be , of course we would need to add some experienced heads but with more attainable wages at that level and believing that Ade is in for long term then then within a couple of seasons we would be in a much more positive position
The Club needs a shake up at Board level with a Commercial person recruited and real football support for Ade Pennock

NB The Academy lads will NOT initially get top money but get them on 2 years contracts with decent rise 2nd year and make any move to a bigger Club a profitable one for the Darts - time for the Darts Board to get in the real world !!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We have a commercial man already who has generated a lot of income.
I believe its 6 out of the last seven seasons we have finished in the play offs so other than this season hardly struggling at NLS level.
Other than under the previous manager we have always attracted lots of quality players.
I'm pretty sure the academy players are put on contracts.
This season alone I believe to name a few Havant, Eastbourne and Torquay have had money chucked in and not helped them.
It all boils down to getting a good manager who recruits well, unfortunately the last one failed miserably on both counts and is the main reason we're in the position we are now.
All IMO of course Duke me old mate ;) :)
Last edited by Park Life on Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

As for the game....🤣🤣
First half I thought we defended well and they never really caused us any problems, we had more possession but other than a couple of half chances never created a good opportunity.
Second half same again as we had more possession but we tried to play through the middle and took too many touches at times. Also like the first half they had two banks of players in front of goal and we never looked like getting through. Not sure if Ady gave instructions but Shomotun and Coulson then had a spell where they played really wide and we got in behind them and caused them a few problems but couldn't find the final ball or the cross just didn't connect.
We had one decent chance which was blocked on the line but with not many forward options on the bench we never created many good opportunities. Hopefully with Barzey, Greenidge and maybe Box back Friday it will give us that extra boost.
They had a good spell at the and had a few chances but some good defending and goalkeeping kept it at 0-0 which was probably a fair result.
I don't think the criticism Luke.C is getting atm is fair, "maybe" the last two games he's not been at his best but he is our player, our captain, been the most consistent player all season and well ahead in the player of the year votes, one player who is more than capable of changing a game in our favour. Sure nobody is above criticism but imo it is now vital that ALL of us get behind the players 100%. I've not seen any one of them give up and all the while they're giving it a go and we're still in with a chance, they need our support. Exactly like last night where we probably had half the crowd and our support was excellent all night.
COYD
Nin

Post by Nin »

Lars Resort wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 am As we are told management and player's do not come on here. So all this negativity on here is pointless.
is that a pink unicorn? the forum is open and easily found on google. most players have social media accounts.
maybe in the old burman days before facebook and twitter were available he told the players not to look at the forum.
im sure they do now.