FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Craig King
6%
Jordan Wynter
No votes
Jernade Meade
56%
Noor Husin
No votes
Connor Essam
No votes
Tom Bonner
6%
Danny Leonard
No votes
Jack Jebb
6%
Luke Allen
13%
Dan Roberts
6%
Ade Azeez
No votes
Josh Hill (Sub)
No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
6%

Total votes: 16

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Disaster! What an opportunity too. Even the commentary has gone off!
BAWArmy

Re: FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Post by BAWArmy »

Won't get a better opportunity to get into the first round proper, unfortunately we've not played well enough.
herbie

Post by herbie »

just like the play-off final, when the game matters they go missing :roll:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

3-1 Sudbury. Goodnight.
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

No motm vote for me. Disgraceful performance.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

3-1 FT,
Absolute disgraceful behaviour from Sudbury players and one steward at the end of the game.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:00 pm 3-1 FT,
Absolute disgraceful behaviour from Sudbury players and one steward at the end of the game.
Would you expand on that?

Ref played his part, was lenient towards Sudbury?
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Kebabus wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:47 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:00 pm 3-1 FT,
Would you expand on that?

Ref played his part, was lenient towards Sudbury?
Let’s just say that bigger teams don’t always get the rub of the green. Maybe the football gods have repaid the ‘ghost goal’ from years gone by. We didn’t get going, end of.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Oh well, that's gonna bugger up my email to my brother-in-law in Canada celebrating our progress to the 1st round proper... :cry:
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

What a shame but by all accounts we were not at the races today.
Back to our bread and butter and 3 points next week.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

That is without doubt the worst team I have seen us lose to.Shocking.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

In what way 'the worst team' kingKong? If they were that bad, we lost because?
Mixed messages here. ;)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Couldn't go today, so gutted that is the end of our fa cup for the season. Well done Sudbury, you did a job on us, as mentioned let's call that payback.

Was it the case of a good goalkeeper for them on the day or poor finishing?!? We seemed to have numerous chances from the comments that I saw.

If it makes anyone feel better, working lost to Horsham fc today, anything can happen on the day.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Great day meeting old friends that I have not seen for too long rather spoiled by a dreadful match on the plastic.

Dartford dominated the first half, but showed no urgency and went in fortunate to be one up, scoring from the only real shot of the half. Sloppy play at the beginning of the second half saw us give the ball away in midfield and foul on the edge of the box. Great free kick hit the bar and bounced down. Lino could not raise his flag quickly enough. Did it cross the line? Who knows?

Ref then had a really bad spell from which he never recovered. We got a yellow for kicking the ball away - but no player thereafter gained the same award. We got a second yellow, thus red, for a great header on the half way line. The ref then booked the sub that we were waiting to bring on. Did he step on the pitch without permission? No idea. Before we re-arranged ourselves to cope with being a player down, we conceded a second.

We pressed for an equaliser, but opponents kept falling to the ground and the ref conveniently stopped the match so they could have a rest, take a drink, read the paper, chat to their mates etc. Caught on the break for the third goal. Offside, maybe - not sure.

In fairness, we deserved nothing, but I am not sure we deserved to lose. We need to learn how to cope with crap refs and spoiling tactics. It almost cost us two points last week and has cost us a shed load of money this week.

Good luck to Sudbury. They had nothing to lose today and they didn't.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

They had very little ability but were very well organized. We had lots of possession but did not create anything worthwhile. The team seemed sluggish and I wonder if that hideous stop start journey had anything to do with it . I was knackered when I got out of my car...I am 106 however.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

I'm one of the 1st to praise our players and team where it's been very difficult to pick Mom for the past few weeks as we have been playing so well with star performances all through the side week after week.
But today we were piss poor, No Darts player worthy of Mom, can't blame the ref or some of their antics as we were shocking, we created bugger all, we seemed clueless and effortless throughout the 90mins, they defended well against us where we gifted them goals, a totally inept performance where every player today maybe apart from Dan Roberts who at least showed a bit of urgency was absolutely pants!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I wasnt able to go today but I am certainly very disappointed that we lost so I can see why the Darts fans who did go were really p.....d off as the team we put out was our best 11 and we should be beating teams from a lower division. Real Darts fans have commented on our inability to shine against teams were are spoilers and well set up defensively and today was another !!

I bet Sudbury players were euphoric , just as we were years ago when we were underdogs and beat the big boys , good luck to them as they obviously have a lot of bottle !!

A meaningless friendly on tuesday night and a free [ league] saturday means that Kingy has time to have a real good think on his next plan of action so as our league form continues
Last edited by The Duke on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Unfortunately, and very sad to say nothing to add to my pre-match post.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Given it is the FA Cup, I never take anything for granted. Just look at today's results. 18 of the 32 ties saw teams from a lower division either draw (12 teams) or win (6 teams). Obviously very disappointed that we didn't progress to the first round proper, but as I said after the draw was made, this was never going to be an easy game as Sudbury had lost only once this season. Going well in Cup matches and also in their league, that sort of form probably gave Sudbury a belief in themselves. I wonder whether our lads underestimated the task in hand, even if SK didn't, although listening to the commentary, I didn't get that impression and their keeper seemed to pull off several saves. Will be interesting to see the highlights regarding the cautions picked up by captain Tom, given the commentators felt there should have been cautions handed out to Sudbury players earlier in the game, but leniency from the referee seemed to be the order of the day. Perhaps he had read the forums and seen the reports of the ghost goal a decade ago and thought it should be balanced out today. Again, something else to look out for in the highlights, but we can hardly argue that having benefited all those years ago.
Good luck to Sudbury, and as usual, I will follow their progress hereonin, having defeated us.
Feel disappointed for those who travelled, but well done cos the chanting especially the first half, was coming over the radiowaves, despite our commentators not being pitchside.
However, it is what it is, and to me, it is getting back on track quickly and turning our attention to the business of gaining promotion.
Thanks to the commentators, especially in trying to overcome the poor wifi connections.

COYD
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Today has to be the worst performance I’ve seen from this team so far, very slow & lethargic, hesitant on the ball, very poor over hit crosses, a real lack of control at times with some players that really didn’t look or seem that interested.
We just couldn’t seem to get used to that horrible shitty pitch today, so much rubber kept coming up every time the ball bounced.

The ref was disgraceful with some of his decision making today and just seemed to favour Sudbury the longer the game went on. The way he waved the yellow cards around it wasn’t going to be long before he issued a red, just a shame he couldn’t do it for their time wasting and feigning injury antics.

I think it was Steve King that got a yellow card after Bonners red card as well and not Josh Hill who was waiting to come on. I can only assume it was for verbal towards the ref.

I have to say that we got what we deserved at the end of the day, Sudbury were certainly fired up for the game, they had done their homework on us and paired up on each player when they needed to. They wanted the win and that’s what they got, where’s as a few of our players looked as though it was a foregone conclusion that we would win and didn’t even get out of 1st gear.

The Sudbury players response at the end of the game though to our fans was completely & utterly disgraceful including some of their stewards in coming over to the fans behind the goal and goading them. Thankfully nothing really happened as it could’ve turned very nasty, they should’ve just gone and enjoyed their win with their fans not cause problems with ours.
I bet the referee forgets to put this incident in his report after the game, one sided vision.

I can accept defeat and it had to come sooner or later, just a shame it had to come the way it did in the FA Cup.
Good Luck to Sudbury in the 1st Round proper, we’ll just have to concentrate on winning the league now and hope we can do better in the Trophy.
We now have a friendly away on Tuesday night for Kingy to have a look at things and a weekend off next Saturday as it’s our free weekend.
Hopefully the players will dust themselves down, put this loss behind them and come out fighting ready for the next league fixture.

Good travelling support today to get behind the lads. It was a very difficult choice but gave my MOTM vote to Jernade again.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.