FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Craig King
6%
Jordan Wynter
No votes
Jernade Meade
56%
Noor Husin
No votes
Connor Essam
No votes
Tom Bonner
6%
Danny Leonard
No votes
Jack Jebb
6%
Luke Allen
13%
Dan Roberts
6%
Ade Azeez
No votes
Josh Hill (Sub)
No votes
George Porter (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
6%

Total votes: 16

Silverado

Re: FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Post by Silverado »

Looks like the Manager of the Month curse struck again! :cry:
The Duke

Re: FA cup 4th qualifying round draw - AFC Sudbury v Dartford Sat 16 Oct 2021 KO 3pm

Post by The Duke »

No post Match interview with Kingy , maybe thinks it best he swerves this ????
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:21 pm No post Match interview with Kingy , maybe thinks it best he swerves this ????
Maybe it will be a joint post match interview combined with next pre game one (Chelmsford)????????
We have done that a few times.

I am certain though that Kingy wouldn't (or needs to) swerve anything as he's always honest in his interviews.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Silverado wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:55 am Looks like the Manager of the Month curse struck again! :cry:
Not as bad as the NLN Manager of the month - the Curzon Ashton boss has been sacked!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

The Duke wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:21 pm No post Match interview with Kingy , maybe thinks it best he swerves this ????
Geez Duke why would you even write that? Can't we just cut the man some slack?We've had a fantastic start and have an amazing squad but surely we have to accept that occasionally things will go awry. It must be so disheartening to see such comments.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pedro wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm
Silverado wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:55 am Looks like the Manager of the Month curse struck again! :cry:
Not as bad as the NLN Manager of the month - the Curzon Ashton boss has been sacked!!
And they're in the play off positions????
herbie

Post by herbie »

Spike wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:47 pm
Geez Duke why would you even write that? Can't we just cut the man some slack?We've had a fantastic start and have an amazing squad but surely we have to accept that occasionally things will go awry. It must be so disheartening to see such comments.
Are you serious, this forum has well laid into previous managers they did not like like, there was no such love then. Hypocrisy.

Bottom line is the team failed dismally and against the easiest opponents they could have had, if the manager says the buck stops with him, let him have it, he failed big time because this team goes missing when it matters - it doesn't bode well for the play-offs again.

Sugar coat it all you want but you can't deny what has gone before.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

There won’t be need for play-offs.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I wasnt having a pop at Kingy I just thought that maybe he couldnt add anything to the poor performance and best he kept his thoughts to himself , What did you want him to say ???????????????
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

herbie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:24 pm
Are you serious, this forum has well laid into previous managers they did not like like, there was no such love then. Hypocrisy.

Bottom line is the team failed dismally and against the easiest opponents they could have had, if the manager says the buck stops with him, let him have it, he failed big time because this team goes missing when it matters - it doesn't bode well for the play-offs again.

Blimey has UP THE DARTS come back on to the forum
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I don’t think the boys went missing in the 3/4 Nil win at Maidstone!! Or any previous games before that, yes even the 1.1 draw at PP was just one of those games!!
But ‘Go missing when it matters’? Are you serious??
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

You can't argue with the start we have had this season and with the quality of football we have been witnessing.
But the players I feel let the club and fans down on Saturday and although I have all the admiration for kingy and support him 100% I do think he should give an interview as most other managers do after games, win or lose.
I was really cheesed off after travelling there Saturday and was more so after knowing we have thrown away a plum home tie with Colchester earning the club money in front of a bumper crowd all because our players who lacked motivation and energy thinking the Sudbury team were just gonna gonna just roll over for a tickle!
Apart from our goal all we mustered in the 1st half was a couple of Powder puff shots straight into the arms of the keeper.
In the 2nd half we gave away a pointless free kick for their 1st goal and then for their 2nd goal it was school boy defending, we lost the ball in midfield and we than allowed the Sudbury player to run straight through the middle passing half a dozen players where our defenders didn't put a foot in and were left standing like lemons.
I think fans should have the right to criticise such an inept performance.
Skip

Post by Skip »

herbie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Calm down, calm down, Herbie. Saturday, apart I’ve loved this season so far. Tonking both Welling 6-0 and Maidstone 3-0 plus all the other excellent league results. I’m sure both Kingy and the players would have really enjoyed the opportunity to pit themselves against Colchester but it wasn’t to be; so good luck to Sudbury.

And when you say the forum laid into previous managers, are you referring to the dynamic duo? In which case hypocrisy isn’t a word I would have used. How about relief? Relief that we now have someone in charge that has a clue what he is doing.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Such over-reaction from one or two quarters is just senseless! We move on, surely?! Criticism of this nature will not change last Saturdays result. The proof of the pudding will come from our next game. Bring on Chelmsford!
herbie

Post by herbie »

Davedart wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm You can't argue with the start we have had this season and with the quality of football we have been witnessing.
But the players I feel let the club and fans down on Saturday and although I have all the admiration for kingy and support him 100% I do think he should give an interview as most other managers do after games, win or lose.
I was really cheesed off after travelling there Saturday and was more so after knowing we have thrown away a plum home tie with Colchester earning the club money in front of a bumper crowd all because our players who lacked motivation and energy thinking the Sudbury team were just gonna gonna just roll over for a tickle!
Apart from our goal all we mustered in the 1st half was a couple of Powder puff shots straight into the arms of the keeper.
In the 2nd half we gave away a pointless free kick for their 1st goal and then for their 2nd goal it was school boy defending, we lost the ball in midfield and we than allowed the Sudbury player to run straight through the middle passing half a dozen players where our defenders didn't put a foot in and were left standing like lemons.
I think fans should have the right to criticise such an inept performance.
Quite.

How pompous does it sound for people on here who have given previous managers no end of criticism and abuse, to tell others here to 'calm down' or ask 'why would you write that' - are their opinions or thoughts the only ones that count or should be heard, should everybody else hold their own opinions waiting for these sage's wisdom?

The team went missing on the game that mattered again, it was a waste of petrol and co2, the manager knows it and hasn't got the nuts to admit it or apologise to the fans for letting them down, particularly those poor valiants that spent money and time getting there to suffer it.

It has been a great start to the season but we've had them before, they count for jack if you end up with nothing. It doesn't bode well for avoiding play-offs and only a fool would back this team in a game that matters - they need to deliver in one first.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Bundle of joy you are, Herbie. Having just read all your previous posts on the forum, if you aren’t slagging off this team you’re having a pop at previous teams for one defeat or another. Still, as you say, you’re entitled to your opinion. Shame we didn’t hear from you after any of the wins this season?

Any way here’s the number for the Samaritans in case the season doesn’t work out for you…

Troll free 1-800-1212
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

As the old saying go’s
“you pays your money and you takes your chance”
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Good in a way that we all are as frustrated as each other. I'm glad we have a fan base and forum to discuss . More often than not something written can come over completely differently than it would in conversation.

Personally have read all the comments and I haven't been offended, i too would have like to hear the after match interview but perhaps king wanted to reflect before commenting?! Maybe we will get a post match from tonight...

on to the next league game

coyds
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Skip wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm Bundle of joy you are, Herbie. Having just read all your previous posts on the forum, if you aren’t slagging off this team you’re having a pop at previous teams for one defeat or another. Still, as you say, you’re entitled to your opinion. Shame we didn’t hear from you after any of the wins this season?

Any way here’s the number for the Samaritans in case the season doesn’t work out for you…

Troll free 1-800-1212
definitely out for a bite, best to not respond. Otherwise you are feeding the beast...lol
Skip

Post by Skip »

Tall Dart wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:31 pm
Skip wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm Bundle of joy you are, Herbie. Having just read all your previous posts on the forum, if you aren’t slagging off this team you’re having a pop at previous teams for one defeat or another. Still, as you say, you’re entitled to your opinion. Shame we didn’t hear from you after any of the wins this season?

Troll free 1-800-1212
definitely out for a bite, best to not respond. Otherwise you are feeding the beast...lol
I thinks it’s UptheDarts in a different guise. 😁