Chatham visit on Saturday 21st October

The Duke

Chatham visit on Saturday 21st October

Post by The Duke »

Went to Chatham to watch them play Carshalton 2nd v 3rd in league and what a really great experience and I would certainly return and I can see why they had a crowd of 1871 , seems like they now reularily get in excess of 1000

I recall Chatham a few years ago as a real " Mickey Mouse Club " with a real crap ground but " hey ho " since the new owner [ also now the Manager after Scott Lindsay went] they are now a real Club , obviously going places

What did I like :
# great atmosphere about the place with loud , well behaved fans , many youngsters !!
# the bar facilities were slick with plenty of chairs tables to sit on
# outside , in front of bar was a comfortable settees/chairs for folks to enjoy a drink/ food and watch the match
# two snack bars servicing sensibly priced food and busy
# I,m told you could get a meal in the bar after the match had finished
and guess what ALL the profits are kept for the Club !!!!!
# Big emphassis onthe Community with a quality 3G pitch that was played on by " Walking footballers " and the U18s before the main game was played and is bringing in revenue all week
# Chatham have a good footballing team and it was a very good game

Sceptics will say that they have brought in a " sugar daddy " but this guy has transformed Chatham and is obviously building the Club into a sustainable model for the future , I really hope so as it shows what an effect that a person with a great commercial brain can have on a previously run down down Club

Was I jealous , YES , cause NOT that many years ago I saw some of the above at Dartford but Dartford stood still !!!!!!!!!!!!!
dartLion

Re: Chatham visit on Saturday 21st October

Post by dartLion »

and their website is bang up to speed with news of this evenings signing from Welling already uploaded.

PS Duke, think you have the wrong date at the head, can you give the lottery winning numbers please!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Sorry was the 14 th October and IF I win the lottery I would give the Darts £50 grand a year to maintain the web site to a great standard = embarassing aint it !!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Duke wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 am Sorry was the 14 th October and IF I win the lottery I would give the Darts £50 grand a year to maintain the web site to a great standard = embarassing aint it !!!
I’ll do it for £40k!