Ebbsfleet v Dartford what a match!

Ajaxman DFC

Ebbsfleet v Dartford what a match!

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Catching the train home after the final whistle, the walk home from Dartford station felt mild compared to the usual chilly experience I always seem to suffer at that godforsaken ground at Ebbsfleet.
And tonight was no different. Except it was at that same godforsaken ground that I witnessed one of the most dramatic comebacks I've ever seen at Stonebridge Road.
I've seen every game bar the Dorking game this season. Tonight the opposition was by far the best I've seen so far. They are without doubt a decent side and they will be up there come the end of the season.
Infact I would go as far as to say finish above Ebbsfleet and we'll win the league.
I am really pleased the late equaliser was scored the way it was. I was in a good position to see the initial shot that led to it clearly cross the line.
But I honestly believe the officials wouldn't have given it. Which would have been a travesty of justice.
Ebbsfleet were the better side on the night but when the equaliser arrived I felt a sense of pride that I haven't experienced watching a Dartford FC side for a long time.
This is a good group and they've showed this evening they can grind out a result when things are not going their way.
All for one and one for all. Just like Sunday when they rallied and hit 5 goals in the second half after Jade was inconsolable after conceding a freak goal before half time, giving Sutton United a window back into the match.
Ebbsfleet will feel like they've lost the game tonight but our girls never know when they're beaten and earned a great point against the Fleet in their own back yard.
Well done ladies. You were magnificent in the face of adversity tonight.