Statement from the board - 19 September 2023

Moderator: Gary C

BRASSNECK

Re: Statement from the board - 19 September 2023

Post by BRASSNECK »

rambo wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:25 pm It is still there under
Any Other Discussion
Some walk around with their eyes closed and make stupid comments.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:22 pm And before anyone pulls me up on this. There is an Alan Dowson thread but that wasn't the one which was removed.
oh dear just look in the right place.🤣
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Yes, it’s there, seen it now. BUT why move it, after all it is a First Team discussion point. The answer to that, imho, is pretty obvious. Move from a prominent position and bury it amongst dross!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:37 pm Yes, it’s there, seen it now. BUT why move it, after all it is a First Team discussion point. The answer to that, imho, is pretty obvious. Move from a prominent position and bury it amongst dross!!
Its was not that hard to find Tony.🤣
Even with my rose tinted glasses on I found it in literally three seconds.🤣
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Noticed it had been moved, was upset Saturday
when I posted it TBH I’m fed up of falling attendances
and underachievement since our first season in the national.

I just wish as a club we did more to entice a very good
catchment area to come and support the Darts, partly down
to poor football and I believe partly due to a lack of drive
By the club to pull people in.

Still COYD’s
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Thread was really important moving it where people wouldn’t look was harsh.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Brassneck - instead of your very helpful and repetitive, ‘it’s still there’ and the ilk, comments, wouldn’t it have just been a tad easier for all, even yourself, if you just told people where it had gone? Not difficult. But perhaps doesn’t quite suit your style. If it could be called that. 🤦‍♂️
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:58 pm Brassneck - instead of your very helpful and repetitive, ‘it’s still there’ and the ilk, comments, wouldn’t it have just been a tad easier for all, even yourself, if you just told people where it had gone? Not difficult. But perhaps doesn’t quite suit your style. If it could be called that. 🤦‍♂️
It wasn’t rocket science finding it maybe i should draw a map next time.🤪
Sleightly Deceptive

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:01 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:58 pm Brassneck - instead of your very helpful and repetitive, ‘it’s still there’ and the ilk, comments, wouldn’t it have just been a tad easier for all, even yourself, if you just told people where it had gone? Not difficult. But perhaps doesn’t quite suit your style. If it could be called that. 🤦‍♂️
It would have been more useful than acting like a playground taunt.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:03 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:01 pm
It would have been more useful than acting like a playground taunt.
🥱🥱
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

WHY WAS IT MOVED!!!??
Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Statement from the board - 19 September 20

And there you have it everyone. The self-proclaimed high authority on all things Dartford FC, showing his true colours and in the fine spirit of helping out other forum users. Heaven forbid you should ever disagree with him. :roll:
BRASSNECK

Re: Statement from the board - 19 September 20

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 pm And there you have it everyone. The self-proclaimed high authority on all things Dartford FC, showing his true colours and in the fine spirit of helping out other forum users. Heaven forbid you should ever disagree with him. :roll:
🤣🤣
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

The dreaded Vote of Confidence. The board are saying they believe Alan Dowson will turn it around and they don’t want to sack him (fair enough) and are trying to encourage the fans to get behind him (will take a lot more than that)…..but if things don’t improve…..they may have no choice but to pull the trigger. Unless they are happy with relegation being more than a possibility. From which it could take years to recover.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

"Brass neck" meaning.

As defined by the Cambridge Dictionary.

"A type of behaviour where someone is extremely confident about their own actions but does not understand that their behaviour is unacceptable to others."

So there you have it.

You've been officially diagnosed.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Sorry but I have to agree with Brassneck. As soon as it had gone missing it didn't take a lot of looking to find it. But maybe it got shoved there because the club were going to make a statement.
Did Rick know? Even if he didn't it was a no brainer movin it when the statement turned up.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:12 pm "Brass neck" meaning.

As defined by the Cambridge Dictionary.

"A type of behaviour where someone is extremely confident about their own actions but does not understand that their behaviour is unacceptable to others."

So there you have it.

You've been officially diagnosed.
I had mentioned it had been moved 3 times before you accused the club of having it moved.😎🤪
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

So very devious and messing with peoples emotions. Absolutely disgraceful!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tony H wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:11 pm WHY WAS IT MOVED!!!??
Still this question remains unanswered!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I think the thread should have stayed on the first team discussion page. Probably with good reasons it was moved, however for all those that want to debate it, you could in this thread. I can't believe what we have become, arguing about which page a thread is on?!

Personally, I think the best bet is to stick with what we have got for now.... Douse is more than proven at this level, but for some reason we concede far to many late goals (hangover from last season as well). Hopefully they will get the balance right soon and get a win or 2 for a bit of confidence, but from what some comments on here from seasoned fans I know, it is very concerning to hear of our plight.

However, for management/fans relations I truly believe Douse should delay the after match interview for him to reflect on before committing on individual players or the teams performance, if he really feels that its necessary to let us know the day after, then we know it's not off the cuff. Also another thing that really bugs me, it seems we only hear from Douse after losses, we need a balance of good and bad and ugly from the boss man. Rather than letting others take the glory I want to hear from him, is it just me?

I have not yet been to a game this year, lots of clashes with other commitments and events, but hope to back soon.

COYDs