Statement from the board - 19 September 2023

Moderator: Gary C

SKennedyDFC

Statement from the board - 19 September 2023

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Lennylenny

Re: Statement from the board - 19 September 2023

Post by Lennylenny »

Looks like Dowse is as safe as the three little pigs in the brick house no matter the results, the arrogance , calling those on forum idiots,the interviews which are now edited to 30 seconds and the dire football he serves up, I trust the board I hope he repays there faith , Tonbridge is the perfect game at home, players back fit against a team that are calling for the managers head, a convincing entertaining victory and that statement will be a better read
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:19 pm
Has anyone tried turning Dowse off and on again? Sometimes it's the simple things you overlook.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I understamd why the board have issued this statement and the reasons why. However it will count for absolutely nothing if results don't improve.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

🤦‍♂️
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It doesn't surprise me that the Board are staying loyal to Dowse as things stand - now is the time for him to step up to the plate and re-pay their support by changing things around and coming up some better tactics
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

He was given a 2 year contract. He was never going to be sacked after 9 games , and I agree he should be given time to turn it around

However the results must improve, and if we are no better off after another month or so then it's time for a reconsideration.

My only concern with the statement is referencing injuries, as its mainly the same players who were injured last season signed again.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

References results but not performances or quality of football which is also handy to have!
rambo

Post by rambo »

Nothing changes with that statement, fine sentiments though.
Dowse needs to significantly improve results and change the tactics or we will continue to float around the bottom half and continue to lose more fans and all stand in a stadium with no atmosphere
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I might have had a cider to many but was there a change of manager thread that has disappeared ? I don’t necessarily agree with the thread but understand con a saturday night after a horrific defeat to welling why somebody started it . Was it removed or did I have three too many ciders😂
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Everyone can blame Injuries and bad luck but sorry the bottom line for me is that the Majority of Players in our current Squad are simply not good enough at this level for us to have a successful League Season.
We have 4 similar Forwards with no real pace, no Ball Carriers and very little creation, no real Identity across the Team and can only see it being a Lower Half of the League season even possibly having to avoid Relegation.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Brave and supportive that!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lennylenny wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:23 pm I might have had a cider to many but was there a change of manager thread that has disappeared ? I don’t necessarily agree with the thread but understand con a saturday night after a horrific defeat to welling why somebody started it . Was it removed or did I have three too many ciders😂
It was there, now it’s gone!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Explanation then is required if nothing was racial, homophobiac, libellous , untrue or went against any forum law.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:41 pm Explanation then is required if nothing was racial, homophobiac, libellous , untrue or went against any forum law.
It’s still there just have to look in the right place.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Tony H wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:31 pm
Lennylenny wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:23 pm I might have had a cider to many but was there a change of manager thread that has disappeared ? I don’t necessarily agree with the thread but understand con a saturday night after a horrific defeat to welling why somebody started it . Was it removed or did I have three too many ciders😂
It was there, now it’s gone!
It’s not.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Lennylenny wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:41 pm Explanation then is required if nothing was racial, homophobiac, libellous , untrue or went against any forum law.
My sentiments exactly. There was nothing untoward about the thread. People were expressing an opinion that's all. I don't necessarily agree with the comments as I believe sacking yet another manager in such a short space of time is not the answer.
But I respect people's opinions and this thread should not have been removed.
Doing things like that is counter productive and will only serve to reduce attendances even more.
Infact it's made a bigger statement than the one released by the board.
This is not Rick's fault. He says he runs the forum independently and I believe him.
Which means someone has put pressure on him from above.
And if that's the route we are going down then it'll be the beginning of the end.
Give us your sixteen quid, sit down and shut up, is no way to run a football club.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

And before anyone pulls me up on this. There is an Alan Dowson thread but that wasn't the one which was removed.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:18 pm
My sentiments exactly. There was nothing untoward about the thread. People were expressing an opinion that's all. I don't necessarily agree with the comments as I believe sacking yet another manager in such a short space of time is not the answer.
But I respect people's opinions and this thread should not have been removed.
Doing things like that is counter productive and will only serve to reduce attendances even more.
Infact it's made a bigger statement than the one released by the board.
This is not Rick's fault. He says he runs the forum independently and I believe him.
Which means someone has put pressure on him from above.
And if that's the route we are going down then it'll be the beginning of the end.
Give us your sixteen quid, sit down and shut up, is no way to run a football club.
IT IS STILL THERE.
rambo

Post by rambo »

It is still there under
Any Other Discussion