Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

rick
Site Admin

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by rick »

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, (off Darenth Road), Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc (if on air)

Tickets: https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/dar ... ing-united

Unofficial sites:
https://puredfc.co.uk
https://thedarts.eu

Welling
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wellingunited
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wellingunited/
Forum: https://wellingunited.activeboard.com/

Referee : Dean Skipper
Assistant 1 : Billy Woods
Assistant 2 : Reece Pinchback
Grassbank

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by Grassbank »

It will be interesting to see if we can field a full team and bench for this match. I am assuming that some, if not all of the loan players, will not be playing in this match.

I fear that there will be a huge amount riding on the result of this match. At least we do not face the ignomy of losing to a team from a league lower than our own.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Be worse☹️
KentC

Post by KentC »

A welcome break from the league and could be to an advantage
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I’m bringing a extra four Saturday ,do we know if our Archie is allowed to play?
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lennylenny wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:26 pm I’m bringing a extra four Saturday ,do we know if our Archie is allowed to play?
Not 100% sure, but seeing as he is with us for the season and won’t have played in the competition so far would suggest he should be eligible.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

If he is then I wonder if he’ll make it 4 MOTM wins in a row on the website. It says something when he’s on loan and only plays about 15mins in his 1st game and gets the votes.
He came on as a sub again in his 2nd appearance and won it again and then actually started in his 3rd appearance and won it again to make 3 in a row.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Well, let's face it, there has been no one else.
I might make this one. 🤔
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

First of all, with reference to my observations regarding the AGM/Meet the manager evening, this was not a personal criticism of Rick, regarding the locking of a match thread prior to the scheduled Q&A at 7pm.

Following Gary as site administrator was a hard act to follow and Rick has excelled himself in the role and is doing a commendable job. Long may it continue.

My concern is the manager's willingness to meet supporters regarding earlier comments leaving some of them feeling like they were being referred to as idiots.

Admittedly we've had a poor start to the season and this certainly doesn't help the situation.
And when I read posts by people who have been accused of being rose tinted in the past, and are clearly not happy, then it's time to sit up and listen.

Sometimes you have to ask questions which, although may not be popular at the time, may ultimately save a business in the long term.

I'm in Dartford town centre most days and spend a lot of time listening to supporters and their views on the club.

Currently trending are, "the club's too cliquey", "it's a closed shop", "the board have no ambition", "the directors won't spend any money and won't step aside for anyone who will" to last but not least, "the manager doesn't know what he's doing".

It's hardly gone unnoticed that our attendances have fallen between 200 to 300 over the past two years. This, while local clubs around us have enjoyed significant increases in support during the same time.
I know supporters who have supported the club for many years, who have recently stopped going due to being unhappy and frustrated by how the club is being run.
I also know there are quite a few who won't be attending this weekend's FA Cup tie with Welling either.
Because they are either not happy with the style of play, our recent poor form in cup games or both.
Also, season ticket holders will have to cough up £16 quid to risk seeing more of the same.

So how about this. For those who are disgruntled, disillusioned and not currently enjoying the football on display, why not give yourselves a break?

This Sunday the girls kick off at 3pm at home to Enfield Town. Admission £4. Champions Bar and burger bar available.

They proudly boast a 100% start to the season.
Home wins against Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 and Fulham 2-1 with away victories at Dorking 6-1 and Millwall Lioness 2-1.
I understand London City Lionesses are away this weekend so our ladies will likely be playing on the main pitch.

Boycotting the FA Cup will be a massive statement while giving the girls a bumper pay day with an increased attendance their terrific start to the season deserves. Hopefully it will lead to a further increase in their attendances for the rest of the season.
We'll still be supporting DFC too.

Infact it could go down in Dartford folklore as
SUPER SUNDAY.

So why not get behind the girls this weekend and help them make it 5/5.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Don't wish to be disrespectful to the Ladies, but in all due respect, not a cat in hells chance of me doing this ridiculous gesture, predominantly because the two matches are on different days, but good luck with that. I know that things have not been great on the pitch so far, but come on guys. This is my 52nd season and have seen great times, alongside absolute dross. This is my club and although the people who stand alongside me on matchday can attest to the fact that i can moan with the best of them, i have never abandoned or boycotted them. The true supporters will always stand by there club. It is hard work at the moment, but stupid comments like its a closed shop of self interest, is an insult to people who saved this club and kept us going when we were pot less for 14 years, built temporary shelters with their own hands and grafted every day to keep the club going. I know it will not happen, but in all honesty you owe these people an apology. Anyway i would like to take a complete opposite direction to abandoning the team in the hour of need. Get to Princes Park, raise your voices and support the team. Of course when you have completed this mission, support the Ladies as well on the Sunday and make it a great weekend for the Darts
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

I am able to get to the ground this weekend for what will only be my second game of the season. It is the FA Cup and I still dream that one day I may see the Darts beat a league team. I get the feeling that it is unlikely to be this season, but you never know. I will be there on Saturday and will be cheering for my club. I hope I will not be too lonely.

Come on you DARTS!
KentC

Post by KentC »

No right or wrong here.

If you’re so fed up you don’t want to go you’ve every right.
If no matter how things are you’ll always go that a good attitude I think.

Personally I’ll probably always attend but I can’t say I’ll never stay away, for example Tuesday games.
Will I make that extra effort to leave work early to get to a game.
Can’t say I always will.

People support in their way whatever that is.
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm First of all, with reference to my observations regarding the AGM/Meet the manager evening, this was not a personal criticism of Rick, regarding the locking of a match thread prior to the scheduled Q&A at 7pm.

Following Gary as site administrator was a hard act to follow and Rick has excelled himself in the role and is doing a commendable job. Long may it continue.

My concern is the manager's willingness to meet supporters regarding earlier comments leaving some of them feeling like they were being referred to as idiots.

Admittedly we've had a poor start to the season and this certainly doesn't help the situation.
And when I read posts by people who have been accused of being rose tinted in the past, and are clearly not happy, then it's time to sit up and listen.

Sometimes you have to ask questions which, although may not be popular at the time, may ultimately save a business in the long term.

I'm in Dartford town centre most days and spend a lot of time listening to supporters and their views on the club.

Currently trending are, "the club's too cliquey", "it's a closed shop", "the board have no ambition", "the directors won't spend any money and won't step aside for anyone who will" to last but not least, "the manager doesn't know what he's doing".

It's hardly gone unnoticed that our attendances have fallen between 200 to 300 over the past two years. This, while local clubs around us have enjoyed significant increases in support during the same time.
I know supporters who have supported the club for many years, who have recently stopped going due to being unhappy and frustrated by how the club is being run.
I also know there are quite a few who won't be attending this weekend's FA Cup tie with Welling either.
Because they are either not happy with the style of play, our recent poor form in cup games or both.
Also, season ticket holders will have to cough up £16 quid to risk seeing more of the same.

So how about this. For those who are disgruntled, disillusioned and not currently enjoying the football on display, why not give yourselves a break?

This Sunday the girls kick off at 3pm at home to Enfield Town. Admission £4. Champions Bar and burger bar available.

Home wins against Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 and Fulham 2-1 with away victories at Dorking 6-1 and Millwall Lioness 2-1.
I understand London City Lionesses are away this weekend so our ladies will likely be playing on the main pitch.

Boycotting the FA Cup will be a massive statement while giving the girls a bumper pay day with an increased attendance their terrific start to the season deserves. Hopefully it will lead to a further increase in their attendances for the rest of the season.

SUPER SUNDAY.

"So how about this" ....you and your town centre mates Reg & Upthedarts get on the 96 bus or fastback, and then join those clowns up the road - which one being dependent on the direction of the bus which turns up first ? :roll:
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Every season, I hope for an extended run in the FA Cup, and this season is certainly no exception. So can't go along with your comments AjaxmanDFC. But I do totally agree with Johndfc2.

Also, although distance prevents me attending the game, as a season ticket holder, it is well known that I would have to pay an entrance fee for an FA Cup match. That is nothing to do with DFC, but an FA ruling because the monies are shared. However, being a season ticket holder is an advantage if the Darts do go on to make good progress and there is a scramble for tickets in later rounds.

We are due a good FA Cup season some time after recent season disappointments, so I continue to dream and will be listening in to the match commentary if available.

COYD
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Watling Man wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:28 pm
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm First of all, with reference to my observations regarding the AGM/Meet the manager evening, this was not a personal criticism of Rick, regarding the locking of a match thread prior to the scheduled Q&A at 7pm.

SUPER SUNDAY.

"So how about this" ....you and your town centre mates Reg & Upthedarts get on the 96 bus or fastback, and then join those clowns up the road - which one being dependent on the direction of the bus which turns up first ? :roll:
👏
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

For those who cannot absorb content in it's entirety.
Our attendances are dropping and I'm basically going public with what I hear from the man and woman in the street on a regular basis. If people want to close their eyes to it then that's their problem. If I was running a business and losing customers by the bucket load I'd want to know why.

To those who have stopped going, for whatever of the previously mentioned reasons or have decided not to go Saturday, I suggest they will make their feelings known to more effect by attending the women's game rather than staying away altogether.
That way they will still be showing support for the club, as well as promoting the women who deserve more support than they are currently getting for their achievements so far.

What the bloody hell has that got to do with boarding a bus or taking a glorified Greenline wagon to Disneyland with Reg and Upthedarts?

And why would I want to go to Welling or Webbsfleet anyway?

We have more than one team at the club.
One of them being Dartord Women FC.
And incase anyone isn't sure they, believe it or not, play their home games at Princes Park.

Not Park View Road. Not Stonebridge Road.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I've read a lot of stuff recently about what the club is doing wrong and that our board lacks ambition and such like, and in my personal opinion those criticisms are completely unjustified. As a whole, I believe we have one of the best run clubs at this level of football and the people who are running it deserve praise, not criticism. The fact that they don't spend what we haven't got, or entice players with brown envelopes, is something they should be proud of not castigated for. It's very easy to just shout "sack the board" when things go wrong but I am 100% confident that every decision they make is what they believe to be in the best interests of our club. They might get things wrong occasionally, but who doesn't? People will believe whatever they choose to believe, but in my opinion, the suggestion that they lack ambition is not only false but also disrespectful. That said, we are under-achieving this season and that certainly is a fair target for criticism and like most people, I am not at all happy with what I am seeing. Our style of play is dire to watch and if you are going to play that way then you need to win an awful lot more than you lose to keep people happy. Nevertheless, I have been around long enough to now that sometimes you have to weather the storm before things come good again.

Dowse did very well last season with what I felt was an average looking squad, but I can't pretend that I'm happy with this current season because I'm not. Dowse's interviews are spectacularly awful and thoroughly demotivating for the supporters, let alone the team. I'm sure that's not the intention, but he just pours out his heart with whatever he's feeling at the time and sometimes says daft things without even realising it. He would be well advised to let Christian do them as he comes across very well. Not only that, but we are halfway through September and scratching around looking for loan players and swapping people in and out trying to get a team together. Given how much fuss was made about the difficulties Dowse had after arriving late last season, it is disappointing that having had the whole summer to prepare, we appear to be considerably less well prepared than we were at this stage last season. So I will have a moan and complain about that because I think it is a valid criticism. But I don't believe in knee jerk reactions and I know Dowse is a genuine guy with a decent track record who undoubtedly knows his stuff, so I'm optimistic that he will turn this around.

Ultimately I'd like to think that we all want the same thing and that is for our club to be successful on the pitch. I haven't the faintest idea what anyone could hope to achieve by an organised boycott but I certainly won't be part of it. I might go to the ladies game AS WELL though.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Can’t agree Ajax, boycotting a club is killing it and hurts the players, the town and the true supporters(who probably are your friends).I am a relatively new supporter, off the pitch I see honest volunteers , great facilities and I have always found Irving approachable, genuine and seems like he is dartford thru and thru. On the pitch is horrible, no flair at all, that’s down to Dowse, he’s given a budget if he doesn’t like it , leave and letsomeone in that doesn’t spend it on injury prone players.Surely the way to increase the budget is to get people in the ground by playing good football! Every club has a hardcore 50/ 100 diehards, then there’s your regulars who just like to watch a game , the rest is mainly floating supporters who need to be coaxed in with offers and family discounts and even 5-4 losses!! In my view boycotting the men is not sticking by the club and won’t do anything but damage
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Sadly , won't be there Saturday but am looking forward to the Tonbridge game.
Thought maybe a tad unlucky against St Albans so again, maybe we can carry on the slight improvement against Welling and have enough in tank to get the right result.
As for Tonbridge, vastly improved side recent games and expecting a tough game. Hopefully a proper local derby.
COYD 's🎯🎯
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Boycott the team? Ridiculous suggestion! Still a relatively new Darts fan myself (this being my 6th season) I love the club and, of course, everyone has opinions. I chose not to go to St Albans last Saturday and guess what - I missed it like hell, so much so that I shall be travelling back early from my holiday to get to PP on Saturday. Real supporters (and I mean those that have supported the team much longer than me and that go week in, week out home and away) stick by the team through thick and thin. So, I agree, let’s get behind Dowse and the lads this weekend.

PS (a moan) - a poster said that the burger bar would be open for the ladies game this Sunday. Why the hell then does it not open for midweek first team and Bank Holiday games!?