DFCSA AGM & Meet The Manager

Moderator: Gary C

Gary C

DFCSA AGM & Meet The Manager

Post by Gary C »

Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Dartford Football Club Supporters’ Association will take place on Tuesday the 12th September 2023 in the Champions Bar. This will start at 6:30pm and following this, there will be a Members’ Meet the Manager/Q & A with Alan Dowson at around 7pm. Forms will be available to join the Association on the night to enable new members to join the meeting & the Meet The Manager session.
Ajaxman DFC

Re: DFCSA AGM & Meet The Manager

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Haven't heard anything further regarding the Meet the Manager evening.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Is it on?
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:31 pm Haven't heard anything further regarding the Meet the Manager evening.
https://www.dartfordfc.com/dartford-fc- ... ation-agm/
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

This is a little out of order not well publicised

Is it just for members of the supporters association
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

JCJ wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:25 pm This is a little out of order not well publicised

Is it just for members of the supporters association
Yes, it was for DFCSA members.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Bit poor that is was just for members of the supporters association, other fans want a meet the manager session as well
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

JCJ wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:55 pm Bit poor that is was just for members of the supporters association, other fans want a meet the manager session as well
Strange how the St. Albans thread was suddenly locked down and archived, minus the last 3 posts too.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The St. Albans match preview is still up there.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

If you look, every match thread is shut down 2 or 3 days after the actual game and the reason the last three posts may have been removed from the St Albans one is probably because they had absolutely no relevance to the match. The fact that they are still showing here shows they have either been moved to this thread or just left on here as it's merely the correct place.

Rick does all this voluntarily and i'm pretty sure has no official capacity with the Club or DFCSA so really deserves our support and thanks.

Keep up the good work Rick....
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

JCJ wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:55 pm Bit poor that is was just for members of the supporters association, other fans want a meet the manager session as well
I think Gary meant that the DFCSA AGM was for the Supporters Association members only, the actual Meet the Manager meeting (if it went ahead) was held afterwards and was open for any supporters that wished to attend.
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

No, on this occasion the DFCSA Committee organised the Meet the Manager session for DFCSA Members. I don't know what plans the Club have or don't have for having another meeting but we decided to ask Dowse if we could host one following our AGM and he gave up nearly an hour of his time to answer questions for which we are grateful. We are trying to bring more value for those who hold DFCSA Membership and I won't apologise for that and for us trying something new.

I'm sure others will post some of the questions Dowse faced and answered.

Thank you to those who did come along to the AGM. The Committee were voted back on unanimously for a further year.

Geoff Ashburn confirmed that £22,960.36 had been raised by the Association for the Club over the last season, taking our total raised since returning the Borough 17 seasons to £320,324 in total.

We are always looking for suggestions on how to raise more funds, different sorts of events to put on and all serious suggestions will be considered. You can either speak to any of the Committee on a match day (Mick How, Scott McKinnon, myself, Geoff Ashburn, Mick Austin, Colin & Karen Sparrow, Andrew & Karen Guyott, Fred & Andy Bonnett) or email dfcsacom@gmail.com
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

After the man of the match poll has ended, I move the match thread to the archived section and lock it.
I don't do it to the minute - only when I have time. In this case it was around 7.40pm yesterday as I
updated the table in the Leach/Towersey Memorial Shield 2023-2024 thread at 7.43pm. The man of the
match poll ended at 5.04pm.

I missed moving the preview thread to the archived section as well. I have done that now.

As Park Life said, the posts had no relevance to the St Albans game whatsoever, so I moved them to what I thought was the correct thread rather than leaving them in a locked St Albans thread.

I have no links to the club and am not even a DFCSA Member.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Rick

DFCSA member or not it doesn't matter you are doing a bl**dy good job and have my thanks and I am sure that of the fellow posters please keep it up
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Yes fair play to Rick,but the Manager questions event all seems a bit Cloak & Dagger to me??
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I feel the club need to organise one for every supporter or it could lead to a divide, why should I pay for a season ticket, purchased shares and buy 50/50 tickets etc, yet get treated differently because I do not belong to the supporters association.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

JCJ wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:31 pm I feel the club need to organise one for every supporter or it could lead to a divide, why should I pay for a season ticket, purchased shares and buy 50/50 tickets etc, yet get treated differently because I do not belong to the supporters association.
I seem to remember that the Meet the Manager meeting immediately after the Shareholders meeting was open to all Supporters. Last night’s meeting was only for DFCSA members.

So you didn’t need to buy shares, or a season ticket to attend after the Shareholders AGM

My understanding is that you could have joined the DFCSA association if you wished to attend last night. I’m sure Garry will correct me if that’s wrong
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Number Six wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:52 pm
JCJ wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:31 pm I feel the club need to organise one for every supporter or it could lead to a divide, why should I pay for a season ticket, purchased shares and buy 50/50 tickets etc, yet get treated differently because I do not belong to the supporters association.
I seem to remember that the Meet the Manager meeting immediately after the Shareholders meeting was open to all Supporters. Last night’s meeting was only for DFCSA members.

So you didn’t need to buy shares, or a season ticket to attend after the Shareholders AGM

My understanding is that you could have joined the DFCSA association if you wished to attend last night. I’m sure Garry will correct me if that’s wrong
My point being why should I join the DFCSA to be able to come to a meet the manager event, the fact that I’m not a member does it make me less of a supporter? maybe I shouldn’t buy a ticket for Saturday’s match as I’m less of a supporter because I don’t belong to DFC supporters association
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

If it's a Meet the Manager event organised by the Association for members, then surely that is who should be able to attend?

As I said earlier, I don't know if the Club are planning an open Q & A with the management or not, but this one was planned and organised with members of the Association in mind, as part of their £10 a year membership (all of which goes to funding things for the Club).

It is very much everyone's choice whether they join or not. I wouldn't say anyone was less of a supporter for not joining. However, I also wouldn't expect to be able to come to an event for members if I wasn't a member (especially as it was advertised as a Members' Meet the Manager from the start).

I am more than happy to discuss this in person with anyone who wants to - I'm very passionate about our Supporters' Association and the work our Committee do in raising funds for the Club!
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

I wouldn’t waste your effort explaining yourself Gary - but fair play. As you say, this event had nothing whatsoever to do with the club who I am sure will be looking to do something similar as they always have.

And as for boycotts - really ?!. Even better, go and support either of those teams in red up the road. It will all end in tears and DFC certainly don’t need supporters like that, particularly at a time when it is more important to pull together.