Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

Its an open forum and everyone is entitled to their view but the last 3 are pointless and based on nothing as no-one knows what lies ahead , what I do know is that so far Dowse has shown us he is building a TEAM [ not like a lot of last seasons journeymen , who have since buggered of !!] and the buzz and the atmosphere at the Meet and Greet yesterday was very good

Fortunately Dowse doesnt read the Forum[ hope the players dont either ] so the last 3 negative posts dont matter !!!!!!!!!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

As you say, it's my opinion Duke. You say 'journeymen' but for me Wall and Sheringham? Fourth time back for Charlie and on his third trip to PP he had lost his mojo. Wall in my opinion was a Baby elephant at his last visit to PP and yes, he scored a good goal against us. But for me these two are a bit stale, I was rather hoping for a bit of ommph. We have not exactly got that yet.
I'm glad we have Samir and Luke in midfield and I'm hoping that Cameron will be given his chance. I'm happy with 7/8 players so far. But stale.
Three more signings with a bit of bite and maybe we'll do okay.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:48 pm As you say, it's my opinion Duke. You say 'journeymen' but for me Wall and Sheringham? Fourth time back for Charlie and on his third trip to PP he had lost his mojo. Wall in my opinion was a Baby elephant at his last visit to PP and yes, he scored a good goal against us. But for me these two are a bit stale, I was rather hoping for a bit of ommph. We have not exactly got that yet.
I'm glad we have Samir and Luke in midfield and I'm hoping that Cameron will be given his chance. I'm happy with 7/8 players so far. But stale.
Three more signings with a bit of bite and maybe we'll do okay.
Wall has scored goals at almost every club he’s been at and I’m sure this season won’t be any different playing for us. Charlie scored 13 goals last season in a very mediocre Chelmsford side so I’m sure he can match or even better that this season.
With Danny Roberts also chipping in with some goals I’m sure we’ll be fine.
Some damage was caused last season and Dowse is having to try and rebuild the team, at least he can do it his way with the players he wants.
Had SK still been in charge we wouldn’t have had that many players stay with the club due to the way he did things.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wally got a pretty raw deal last time with us. Remember he was signed with Delano Sam-Yorke, who didn’t run the race either in what was a quite awful start to the season. Yes, I’m a big fan of Wally and I’m convinced he’ll do the business in a new style of play for Dartford.

Charlie’s a seasoned professional and will get us goals. His experience will do valuable to Dan Roberts’ development in this team.

My concern is numbers. Going into our first PSF we have what, a squad of 13 signed up? This week is going to be very interesting to say the least. Hold onto your hats!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

We’ve got 14 signed up at present with hopefully some more to come this week 🤞.
I’m sure they’ll be some trialists for us as well.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm not saying that Wall and Charlie are not going to do the business for us, I truly hope they do. But they just don't inspire confidence in me.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Does make you laugh that the main denigration of last few seasons’ management has been too many players and now we haven’t got enough - a week before the fixtures are released and a month before the first game.

And they say football fans are never happy.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I will wait and see regarding Wall and Sheringham.
They are both very experienced and although a lot of fans will possibly have doubts a combination of one of them with a younger striker like Roberts up front might just pay off.
Spike

Post by Spike »

The squad is still being assembled and we haven't even kicked a ball yet. It may be too big an ask for some, but personally I'd like to wait until 10 past three on the first day before telling Dowse all the things he's done wrong.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Agree with Spike, reserving judgement to see who else is coming through the door. Alex and Charlie particularly will hit the target regularly even if they do not start or finish regularly or even on the pitch at the same time. We know defensively we are really good but a key lesson from last season was having regular goalscorers after Ade dried up. Our 75 goal return we remember included 13 in two games at the end of the season when the top two places were beyond us.
COYD
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Spike wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:56 am The squad is still being assembled and we haven't even kicked a ball yet. It may be too big an ask for some, but personally I'd like to wait until 10 past three on the first day before telling Dowse all the things he's done wrong.
Exactly.
V184

Post by V184 »

Babylon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 pm I will wait and see regarding Wall and Sheringham.
They are both very experienced and although a lot of fans will possibly have doubts a combination of one of them with a younger striker like Roberts up front might just pay off.
They wont be the managers choice :roll: Expect his hands are firmly tied by the previous managers grotesque over spend last season chasing promotion :D
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

What’s the ‘carpet burner’ still doing in here? FFS piss off to your own forum!
J44

Post by J44 »

:ugeek:
V184 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:35 am
Babylon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 pm I will wait and see regarding Wall and Sheringham.
They wont be the managers choice :roll: Expect his hands are firmly tied by the previous managers grotesque over spend last season chasing promotion :D
Can't we drop this joker?
Just stirring.
V184

Post by V184 »

J44 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:40 pm :ugeek:
Just stirring.
Sorry j44 was trying to add some constructive comments to the thread :oops:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

V184 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:53 pm
J44 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:40 pm :ugeek:

Just stirring.
Sorry j44 was trying to add some constructive comments to the thread :oops:
There’s nothing constructive about your comments, creature! Bugger off back to your own hovel!!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I know this is a waste of my time, but you are talking out of your rear again.

Just some of the facts in case you didnt already know, DFC made a profit of £31000 20/21, £79000 19/20 vs Ebbsfleet loss of £1.3 million 20/21, loss £1.6 million 19/20 and an even bigger loss the year before of £2.6 million.

Now that is what you call over spending!

Remember, we actually paid our players on time through the pandemic too. Shame on your "club", go and revel with them about what a great club you have, rather than spouting off tripe on here.

All the best for the season, hope we get all 6 points off your lot.

UTD's
V184

Post by V184 »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:14 pm
I know this is a waste of my time, but you are talking out of your rear again.

Just some of the facts in case you didnt already know, DFC made a profit of £31000 20/21, £79000 19/20 vs Ebbsfleet loss of £1.3 million 20/21, loss £1.6 million 19/20 and an even bigger loss the year before of £2.6 million.

Now that is what you call over spending!

Remember, we actually paid our players on time through the pandemic too. Shame on your "club", go and revel with them about what a great club you have, rather than spouting off tripe on here.

All the best for the season, hope we get all 6 points off your lot.

UTD's
Completely different ownership model, cannot really see your point apart from trying to look big by being offensive to me
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I thought I was being quite polite as well. Another friendship scorned before it even started, damn.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:58 pm I thought I was being quite polite as well. Another friendship scorned before it even started, damn.
I don’t know why you even bother engaging with the mahoosive tosser. If we ALL ignore him he should f*ck off. But I’m amazed he still has access.