Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

Carruthers is a " journeyman pro " and most of his career he never stayed anywhere more than a year and his appearances over the last 3 have been 10, 26 and 41 , this season he was exceptional in the 11 game unbeaten run October time but in 2023 has NOT consistently hit the same standards and based on this I am NOT distraught that he has departed seemingly for more cash !!, Our midfield especially after Christmas was poor with flashes of class but he was mainly injured and as a senior Pro was NOT the leader we needed
I hope Luke Coulson stays and is coupled with 3 midfield grafters who can tackle and get control of the game , something that was sadly lacking last season !!!!!!!!!

I hope Dowse has a decent budget and we just dont fall back on resigning last seasons midfield which was not good enough !!!!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Only need to watch Samir’s performance on Soccer AM coupled with the penalty miss which cost us hosting the playoff final to know Chelmo are welcome to him!
In all seriousness, there were significant periods of last season during which the team played well if Carruthers played well, it was as textbook as that. And for all the big names we have signed in the engine room - Main, Sweeney, Murtagh, etc - I reckon Carruthers has done a great job and been close to an Elliot Bradbrook replacement at times (without quite the physicality). Although it is fair to say that he went off the boil in 2023, perhaps proving the point about carrying the team at times. Can’t wish him luck at Chelmo, but am definitely grateful for his spoils while at PP.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Samir did well for us but is not irreplaceable. The fact that he has signed for a club that finished below is in the league - and signed so early in the close season - says it all that this is his level. If we want to progress we need to sign players who can be good at National League level not journeymen at NLS.

One thing he is not a patch on Elliott Bradbrook

Good luck to Samir but let's all move on
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Taunton Dart wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:35 pm Samir did well for us but is not irreplaceable. The fact that he has signed for a club that finished below is in the league - and signed so early in the close season - says it all that this is his level. If we want to progress we need to sign players who can be good at National League level not journeymen at NLS.

One thing he is not a patch on Elliott Bradbrook

Good luck to Samir but let's all move on
Well said sir!
Dartfordbadger

Post by Dartfordbadger »

Heard a rumour a guy who goes by the name lee noble was seen a the ground last week. :shock:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Up until the Christmas/New Year massacre of the other crowd, Samir was far away our best player. But when we played the remainder of our stop/start season he got dragged in with the rest and after his injury he was a ghost of the player he can be.
Chelmo offered him more money and you can't blame the guy for going. Enough said.
Dowse wants hungry younger players and I'm in agreement with him. Yes, we've lost a good player but there are lads out there who are up for a fight to get into this club and hopefully turn us into something better.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

If that's true Dartfordbadger, sign him up quick. :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

My memory of the Christmas period massacre of the other crowd will always be from the other crowds highlights. In the very first minute of the commentary, when Max put the ball out with a poor pass, the shout from the stands 'Same Old Dartford' could be heard.
Forty minutes later that same supporter had probably gone home. Love it. :D
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Just seen Samir first interview for Chelmsford,

He says they talked as soon as the season finished and in fact they tried to make it happen before the start of last season, So I would imagine it was a done deal that he would leave before the season ended so Dowse had no chance of making him stay, He also mentioned about being loved on the football field and last season it was a running joke he was a luxury player.

As much as I wanted him to stay I feel maybe he knew where he would be playing next season and might explain down turn of form in the second half of the season so best he moves on.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Very good news:-

KentC

Post by KentC »

Samir surely has gone for the money . If that’s the case I understand why he’s done it.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

At his age of course he has gone for the money plus with his dip in form[ and injury prone] IF Dowse recruits well this summer he could have well have been a bit part player and for any comparison to be on the same level as Eliot Bradbrook , surely must be a wind up ????????????
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

JCJ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:37 pm Just seen Samir first interview for Chelmsford,

He says they talked as soon as the season finished and in fact they tried to make it happen before the start of last season, So I would imagine it was a done deal that he would leave before the season ended so Dowse had no chance of making him stay, He also mentioned about being loved on the football field and last season it was a running joke he was a luxury player.

As much as I wanted him to stay I feel maybe he knew where he would be playing next season and might explain down turn of form in the second half of the season so best he moves on.
Hang on…..

Knew he would be leaving for the Caravan club and misses a penalty🤔🤔🤔
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:22 pm
JCJ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:37 pm Just seen Samir first interview for Chelmsford,

Hang on…..

Knew he would be leaving for the Caravan club and misses a penalty🤔🤔🤔
Hmmmmm, conspiracy theories! Don’t you just love ‘em.

Oh, and yes DAMikey, comparing Carruthers with the god that is Elliott Bradbrook? Shame on you sir!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:03 pm Very good news:-

Yes, good news but no other news. That’s very worrying!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:41 pm
Yes, good news but no other news. That’s very worrying!
Don't worry too much mate, this time last season we had............................. no players signed :lol: :lol:

We did not sign anyone until the 1st of June 2022 so we're well ahead.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

A good focus on youth in those retained. Only a couple of new signings so far, one of those Harvey, who we know fits in, is a great start early in the window.

Players will be away on holiday at this time of year so some other signings will happen when they return - hopefully including Tom Bonner.

We have far more players signed that this time last year and no further signings at the moment doesn't mean it's all quiet in the background. Getting new players in doesn't happen overnight and the ones Dowse needs to get in will have a number of offers to consider otherwise they won't be good enough for a title challenge. Have patience.
Dartfordbadger

Post by Dartfordbadger »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:59 am If that's true Dartfordbadger, sign him up quick. :D
Seems very true indeed!
Other Crowd

Post by Other Crowd »

ozymandias wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 am My memory of the Christmas period massacre of the other crowd will always be from the other crowds highlights. In the very first minute of the commentary, when Max put the ball out with a poor pass, the shout from the stands 'Same Old Dartford' could be heard.
Forty minutes later that same supporter had probably gone home. Love it. :D
Then four months later after the Fleet had won the league by an amazing 20 points and perennial failure Darts has lost yet another home play-off semi-final on penalties, that same supporter could be heard bellowing that immortal phrase "same old Dartford".
Love it. :D
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Can’t decide if the poster with multiple names who just comes on to criticise the club is our favourite 21st century schizophrenic, posting from his padded cell. Anyway moving on from the nutter I thought I would post for the first time in a while about Samir. Strangely enough was chatting to another supporter at the Stalebuns match and we both agreed that we would not be to disappointed if he left. He had a high level of skill but in all honesty loved himself and from Xmas onwards could not manage an hour before he was knackered. Hope he enjoys his one season at the gulag. Anyway nice to be back here and enjoy the break until we start again in July