Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Pedro

Re: Player news

Post by Pedro »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm Gutted to see Noor go. Can't blame him, but he really was the heart-beat of the midfield for me. Without him I can only see us sliding further down the division. Sadly, I don't believe King has what it takes to get a side promoted.
... and the award for motivational speaker of the day goes to........
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Whereas I am absolutely gutted by Noor leaving. I can't see the lads slipping down the table.
He has been an absolute wizard for the Dart's and I sincerely hope that Southend's season picks up from this day on. (It needs to).
I do hope the club (Dartford) return all my sponsorship money that I put in so that I can put it on some other player. But it won't feel the same. :)
All the best to you Noor you have made my season so far.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Our best midfielder gone.
I must admit that it is disappointing but good luck to the lad, he should be playing at a higher level.
I don't think that we will slide down the table but since the Sudbury debacle we look like a play off candidate at best , for some reason despite having 4 good strikers we just don't score enough goals and losing Noor is not gonna help
But hopefully Mr King will work His magic and we will start hitting the onion bag more than we have been!
COYDss
butcheragano

Post by butcheragano »

Good luck to him . Was a pleasure to watch him for a short time
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Whenever Husin had a quiet game, we lost - or at least, struggled. When the performance of an individual is echoed so closely by that of the team, that player simply has to be a linchpin. It’s been great watching Noor, let’s hope the lad goes on to even bigger and better things.

Time for Messrs. Murtagh, Jebb, Kalala and Wynter to step up…
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm Gutted to see Noor go. Can't blame him, but he really was the heart-beat of the midfield for me. Without him I can only see us sliding further down the division. Sadly, I don't believe King has what it takes to get a side promoted.
Completely ridiculous statement that adds no value to this thread whatsoever!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Noor starts on the bench for Southend tonight against Kings Lynn.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Gutted......... But good luck Noor.
He's been quality for us so it was always likely to happen.

I can't see how we could replace someone of that quality unless Kingy can pull another rabbit out of the hat for us. However, he has assembled a very good selection of central midfielders in Jebb, Hyde, Murtagh, Allen, Thoebalds and Wynter (don't think i've missed anyone) which imo is more than capable of keeping our promotion challenge going.

But i am now looking at the club to see how they are going to support our promotion push??
We are not in any debt and as i understand it may even be making a small profit so for me whilst Kingy will have Noor's wages to use there is absolutely no reason why ALL of the transfer fee shouldn't be put into this seasons budget as well. He may not be able to replace Noor but a couple of decent signings now could make a massive difference.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Good luck to Noor. Sadly, due to this Covid thing, I've never had the opportunity to see him live, only on streamed games or highlights. I don't see us slipping g down the table at all, cos it's a team game and SK will have already been looking to the future if it has been known Noor looking to return to full time. It is also an attraction to other players SK may be trying to bring in to see that they can make progress, whether as an individual or a part of the team. Don't we also have Luke Allen returning after injury too which will give us cover too. Certainly not a need for negativity. After all, it was SK and his contacts that brought Noor to the club in the first place.

I'll be watching out to see how he and Southend will do.
With Dover, Weymouth and Kings Lynn behind them, they should be safe this year, but ....... this is football we are talking about.

COYD
rambo

Post by rambo »

Sad to see Husin leave but he is quality and deserves to play at the highest level he can achieve
Maybe kingy can change the formation and tactics a bit. Perhaps play with real width. Luke is a very good player and now maybe he will be given a chance to play as a winger and put some quick balls on the box to ade
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Futures White wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:08 pm Noor starts on the bench for Southend tonight against Kings Lynn.
Another ex Dart Nathan Ferguson on the Southend bench tonight.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Noor has just come on as a sub for Southend to make his debut, score atm is 1-1.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Am absolutely gutted to hear of this. But, good luck to Noor. Players at this level must always seek to move up. But Southend? Bloody hell Noor, really? You deserve much, much better. Good luck lad. I hope Kingy has an ace or two up his sleeve to turn this into a win-win. Two massive home games in four days against supposedly ‘easier’ (than recent) opposition that we simply must win if we are to maintain any credibility as a title contender. COYD. See ya later.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

If Noor has gone for around £35,000, which isn't a lot in this day and age, I hope there are some realistic add-ons attached to the deal relating to first team appearances and goals including a decent sell-on percentage fee.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Wish Noor all the best but he’s gone now, just hope there is a decent sell on as he’s only 24 and can get better. We will need to go full time at some point and then we will be in a better position to keep players like Husin. Dorking have just signed Rutherford on a 2 and a half year contract. Let’s see how we do without our playmaker.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I think the Darts have always had a bit of a safety first policy on contract length with the maximum being 12 months with a view that a real bad injury could cost thousands with the players unavailable . Whilst I am not suggesting chucking 2 season contracts at all 1st teamers , I do believe that Danny Leonard and Jermaine Meade probably fall into that category
Bonner , Murtagh and Robinson would also have warranted 2 season deals IF they were NOT in the twylight of their careers
Spike

Post by Spike »

Irrespective of contracts and agreements, if a player wants to go, is it really worthwhile keeping them against their will? Good luck to Noor at Southend. I've heard people say things like we should have fought to keep him but at the end of the day, he was keen to go and I'd rather have players who want to be here. He's a class act and we're obviously going to be disappointed he's gone, but if he'd rather be somewhere else then that's life and we have to get on with it. Life goes on. Great opportunity for Luke Allen to get back in.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

WHY is the big secrecy about the amount of money that the Darts get when transferring players , the latest being with Noor [and Ebou before him] , in the Football League the vast majority of the transfer fees are disclosed

The fans are a big part of the Club and I bet most of them [ incl me] would be interested in what we get for a player and presumably what we pay [?] for a player !!

Your thoughts ???????????
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

The Duke wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am WHY is the big secrecy about the amount of money that the Darts get when transferring players , the latest being with Noor [and Ebou before him] , in the Football League the vast majority of the transfer fees are disclosed

The fans are a big part of the Club and I bet most of them [ incl me] would be interested in what we get for a player and presumably what we pay [?] for a player !!

Your thoughts ???????????
Probably cos if are trying to sign a replacement we don't want the price to be hiked up if they know we have a decent amount of money sitting in the bank
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Fair point Kev , I guess £50k plus for Noor would push replacement costs up but a much smaller figure wouldnt have much impact !!!!