Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Futures White

Re: Player news

Post by The Futures White »

rick wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:50 pm
The Futures White wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:45 pm
The Duke wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:29 pm I hope Ade signs Box, Shomotun and Eduardo , I dont think Rooney and Barzey will stay [ ok IF they do] and Charlie retires gracefully , owing us nothing and maybe Taylor Maloney ? , as for the rest they can ALL F.O. !!!!!

Comments excludes Academy lads !!!!
Who the hell is Eduardo?
Must mean Odaudu. Close. :D
Ffs..... :roll:
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I am also disappointed that Coulson went.
Only player to get into double figures goals wise.
More matches played than anyone else.
I guess he didn't want his picture taken for the Leach/Towersey Memorial Shield 2023-2024 that he won. :D
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Oh, that Eduardo. :D
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Disappointed but not surprised by Coulson’s departure.
He was a massive coup for DFC, arriving as one of the best players in the National premier. It’s a real shame it ended this way. Along with Olly Box, Baris Altintop, Ronny Nelson and one of the goalkeepers, either Sandford or Byrne we had a few decent players this season. We also had about 25 forgettable ones too.
rambo

Post by rambo »

DA Mikey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 pm Disappointed but not surprised by Coulson’s departure.
He was a massive coup for DFC, arriving as one of the best players in the National premier. It’s a real shame it ended this way. Along with Olly Box, Baris Altintop, Ronny Nelson and one of the goalkeepers, either Sandford or Byrne we had a few decent players this season. We also had about 25 forgettable ones too.
I don’t care about coulson , liked box a lot, liked Nelson but obviously he was a loan player so out of our reach. I also liked altintop he gave 100% every minute but that clown favoured his 6foot 5 inch centre half’s who were all error prone then he jettisoned altintop for a loanee defender , I was dumbfounded. I hope we never see another manager like that again
He made Flanagan and Allen look like clough and Taylor
Nin

Post by Nin »

rambo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 pm
DA Mikey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 pm Disappointed but not surprised by Coulson’s departure.
or Flanagan & Coyle?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Baris Altintop , Braintree Captain and in Play OFF Final v Worthing - spot on Rambo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

The Duke wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:08 pm Baris Altintop , Braintree Captain and in Play OFF Final v Worthing - spot on Rambo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, a class player who Dowson didn't have a clue about and lost him.

I am really disappointed (though not entirely surprised) that Luke Coulson has left. Head and shoulders, the best footballer at the club. Another Dowson disaster was to make him Captain, when clearly he isn't a skipper (well, not with dross he had around him anyway) and I've no doubt that effected his game too.

Just a bit worried that that Nembhard's name didn't appear on the out of the door list though. Hopefully he will get a better offer elsewhere 🙏.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Is Coulson one of these players that feel he is better than Isthmian? And can go to Hornchurch perhaps or other.
Forgetting perhaps that he would be better representing a team like the Dart's and leading them to promotion at the end of his career.
We will never know and not will he..
Shame, I think he'd have done very well here.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I believe he is moving back to the West Country where he has family!!
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

KSTDART wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 pm I don’t think Charlie was on a contract, he was on a pay as you play basis I am lead to believe.
Ah right. So assume he's just long-gone now
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Coulson to WSM maybe??
rambo

Post by rambo »

Nin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 pm
or Flanagan & Coyle?
I do mean Flanagan and Coyle but they were so useless and out of their depth I couldn’t help calling them Flanagan and Allen after the famous music and comedy act
In fact I always felt like singing underneath the floodlights we dream our dreams away…. Whenever we played under their stewardship
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

rambo wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:54 am
Nin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 pm

or Flanagan & Coyle?
I do mean Flanagan and Coyle but they were so useless and out of their depth I couldn’t help calling them Flanagan and Allen after the famous music and comedy act
In fact I always felt like singing underneath the floodlights we dream our dreams away…. Whenever we played under their stewardship
👏 👏 😂
MickW

Post by MickW »

You have to be of a certain age to understand some of these gags - I'm well into my 70s and they were still before my time!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

more like : "Les Miserables " - Under the Guillitone !!!!!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:51 am Coulson to WSM maybe??
Maybe. Or Bath. Or Chippenham. Or Yeovil, Weymouth or Torquay…

Any of those Ooh-Arhh clubs we won’t be darkening the doors of for a while!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’ve always said they should have their own chase that roll of cheese down the hill league & leave the Football to us City boys!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

M1 South wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 pm I’ve always said they should have their own chase that roll of cheese down the hill league & leave the Football to us City boys!!
Valid point until you realise how rarely we have won in the West Country in recent seasons.....
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Sorry to see Max Statham go, I thought he was a good player who lost his way towards the end of the season but didn't they all. Tommy Block 1 game in 3/4 off injured and Jordan Greenidge worse player I've ever seen in a Dartford shirt.