Player news

Moderator: Gary C

BRASSNECK

Re: Player news

Post by BRASSNECK »

Harry wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:55 pm Pretty sure Charles-Cook played for Swindon against us in the FA cup a few years ago.
Always thought his younger brother was decent at CAFC as a young player and did well at Gills, think he is currently in the SPL.
Regan Charles Cook is the currently the top scorer in the Scottish premiership for Ross County and also has another brother Antony Cook.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Strange signing a player of Cooks class as 2nd choice keeper behind Dan Wilkes who has been nothing short of superb for us all season , I can see why we need a back up GK IF Wilkes were to get injured but other than the Kent Senior Cup I cant see where Cook will get any starts !!!!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Grenada with "superstars " such as Reece Cook, B Agepong , Srerling and Mitchell managed to lose 1-0 to Andorra ranked 134 in the world , Grenada must have cash to waste paying for that lot to [ allegedly] turn up !!!!
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong was a very good player for us but if you believe what you read in the non-league paper he hasn't done much back at Aldershot Town.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I don’t think there’s too many more than 11 x blokes in Andorra?? I reckon I could get in their squad if I lived there? x
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I see that Belarus had a local friendly over the last week along with others in Europe :o , away to India. One has to wonder why?
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:26 pm As well as Olumide Durojaiye: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olumide_Durojaiye

I believe we also have Reice Charles-Cook (goalkeeper) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reice_Charles-Cook
Have we actually signed Reice Charles-Cook? Can't see it mentioned anywhere (although given how poor the club website is at announcing these things that may not be surprising).

Where did you see it?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

According to Wikipedia his current club is still Hampton & Richmond.

With Olumide it had changed straight away to say his current club was Dartford 🤷‍♂️.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 am
rick wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:26 pm As well as Olumide Durojaiye: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olumide_Durojaiye

I believe we also have Reice Charles-Cook (goalkeeper) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reice_Charles-Cook
Have we actually signed Reice Charles-Cook? Can't see it mentioned anywhere (although given how poor the club website is at announcing these things that may not be surprising).

Where did you see it?
Someone at the club emailed me this info on 26th March at the same time telling me that Olumide Durojaiye had joined.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

rick wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 pm
SKennedyDFC wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 am

Where did you see it?
Someone at the club emailed me this info on 26th March at the same time telling me that Olumide Durojaiye had joined.
Ah I see. Looking forward to it being announced at 2pm on Twitter on Saturday before our next game
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Wow! Didn't see that coming Noor Husin back on loan due to him dropping down the pecking order at Southend. This is great news for us and our push for that second place spot!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I smell an April fools joke
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I did hear that Carl Rook was due at 12 Noon at PP to sign but is running late as he can find his car !!!!!!!!!!!!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

The Duke wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:27 am I did hear that Carl Rook was due at 12 Noon at PP to sign but is running late as he can find his car !!!!!!!!!!!!
He has never ran in his life 😁😁😁
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

ozymandias wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:10 am Wow! Didn't see that coming Noor Husin back on loan due to him dropping down the pecking order at Southend. This is great news for us and our push for that second place spot!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nice try! :D :lol:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Spoilsports. :D
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Good job other people read this before me! I’m a great big gullible April fool :?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

It’s finally been confirmed on Twitter that we have signed goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook.

The Boss had this to say on our newest addition.

🗣“I’m pleased to secure the services of Reice Charles-Cook. We are on the home straight now and it’s one area we needed cover in, as if anything happened to dan we would have been in big trouble”

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Yes Mickey, the more savvy posters spoilt my day. If only they had waited. :D
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Could be a good sub in the penalty shoot out play of final !!!