Moderator: Gary C

BAWArmy

Re: Player news

Post by BAWArmy »

ok but what does this mean?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

According to Bromley Twitter Kory has come on loan till May 7th 2022 , he has obviously gone down the pecking order at Bromley and his contract ceases at end of season so good chance he will be desperate to perform well which will be a big asset to us if successful !!!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Makes slightly more sense SK getting a defender in now. Shame about Vint - he is a good lad and a decent player and will be missed. I did wonder if Ronnie’s departure might’ve helped the CB selection headache, but then figured we still have Josh Hill (right?), so four centre backs to go with our three left halves.

Thanks for the memories RV and good luck going forward.
Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

I have heard through the grapevine he has signed with dulwich not a surprise really and probably more his choice than anything else
MickW

Post by MickW »

Right out of left field - we need a striker and a mid fielder so we get another centre back and lose one of our own.
If there is an area that I thought we were pretty well equipped in it would be centre back.
Is someone losing the plot or am I missing something?
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

MickW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am Right out of left field - we need a striker and a mid fielder so we get another centre back and lose one of our own.
If there is an area that I thought we were pretty well equipped in it would be centre back.
I may be wrong ( usually are 🙄) but I think SK may use Kory as a holding midfielder ? He is comfortable on the ball and has pace which may benefit our more attack minded midfielders ? Maybe we’ll see today ?
Last edited by Top Cat on Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Rixsto wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:58 am I have heard through the grapevine he has signed with dulwich not a surprise really and probably more his choice than anything else
As per the official site, he has: https://www.dartfordfc.com/player-news-ronnie-vint-2/
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

rick wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Rixsto wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:58 am I have heard through the grapevine he has signed with dulwich not a surprise really and probably more his choice than anything else
As per the official site, he has: https://www.dartfordfc.com/player-news-ronnie-vint-2/
Another undisclosed fee ?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

MickW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am Right out of left field - we need a striker and a mid fielder so we get another centre back and lose one of our own.
Kingy obviously knew that Ronnie was going so had to act quick to get another centre back in just in case Tom or Connor got injured or suspended. I’m guessing that Josh Hill is still out injured in which case we have no other centre back to cover that position.
Jordan Wynter is a fullback / midfielder so he can’t really play there so it does make sense albeit not the position we thought Kingy would sign now but none of us knew about RV.
Nothing has changed I’m sure Steve is still looking for another striker and probably a midfielder but when the right one comes along, he won’t just chuck money around for the sake of it.
The 5th Searcher

Top Cat wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:11 pm
rick wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Another undisclosed fee ?
At a guess I would say it’s because Ronnie was a product of our youth development set up rather than we actually sold him, a bit like a good will gesture type fee.
Ronnie was hardly playing for us where as I think he was a regular for Dulwich whilst on loan so it makes sense.

Good Luck to him anyway.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I believe Josh is out for the season so signing Kory is a replacement for Ronnie. I'm also wondering how Connor is as he took a nasty fall on Tuesday so hope he's ok.

Jordan Wynter who i rate very highly is comfortable at full back, centre back (played there this season for us) and holding midfielder and has done a very good job for us in all those positions. So he is also more than capable of playing CB.

With Noor, Ronnie and Craig recently leaving the club, Josh out injured and Luke.W on loan i'd be amazed if Steve isn't looking at bringing in some replacements. Steve will want to get the right players in so we may need to be patient, but i'm sure it will happen sooner rather than later.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Luke Wanadio scored a hat-trick for Folkestone this afternoon in their 7-0 win at Potters Bar.

.......and Ronnie Vint scored for Dulwich in their 3-1 defeat at Hungerford.
MickW

Post by MickW »

It all makes sense if the order of play was Ronnie out the door and then the other fella in. I read it as other fella in so Ronnie out, which upset me a bit.
The 5th Searcher

It’s just the timing of when the club announced it all and in what order.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Whatever the order, I'm very disappointed to see Ronnie leave. The only product of our academy (I think) in the first team for a while now and his loyalty to the club has been commendable over the years. I feel he has been very unfortunate to be overlooked on so many occasions and despite that, he has never complained and always put the Darts first. A rare genuine club man. Dulwich Hamlet's gain is our loss. Good luck in the future Ronnie!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought Luke is far too good for Isthmian Premier
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Dave T wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:45 pm Whatever the order, I'm very disappointed to see Ronnie leave. The only product of our academy (I think) in the first team for a while now and his loyalty to the club has been commendable over the years. I feel he has been very unfortunate to be overlooked on so many occasions and despite that, he has never complained and always put the Darts first. A rare genuine club man. Dulwich Hamlet's gain is our loss. Good luck in the future Ronnie!
Totally agree with you Dave. The defence were immense for the first half dozen games, and Ronnie was a part of that defence for the whole period. I don't think it is a coincidence that since Ronnie was dropped out of the team that we weren't playing quite as well. I personally thought he brought something to the team in the way he played the ball out of defence through the midfield, as well as his physical strength. Also no coincidence that the two times he has gone on loan this season to Dulwich that he walks away with their man of the match award, and yesterday, in spite of their defeat, he still scores the goal for them and also gets equal top billing of 7/10 for them today in the NLP. I'm not sure what more he had to do to cement a place in the team.

He seems to have been around for ages, yet still only 25, so he deserves regular football, well able to hold down his place at this level, and experienced National League as well. As you say Dave, Darts loss in a big way, one of our own, and very much Dulwich's gain.

Good luck Ronnie! Thanks for all your efforts for the Darts.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

PeteSamson wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:18 pm
Dave T wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:45 pm Whatever the order, I'm very disappointed to see Ronnie leave. The only product of our academy (I think) in the first team for a while now and his loyalty to the club has been commendable over the years. I feel he has been very unfortunate to be overlooked on so many occasions and despite that, he has never complained and always put the Darts first. A rare genuine club man. Dulwich Hamlet's gain is our loss. Good luck in the future Ronnie!
Totally agree with you Dave. The defence were immense for the first half dozen games, and Ronnie was a part of that defence for the whole period. I don't think it is a coincidence that since Ronnie was dropped out of the team that we weren't playing quite as well. I personally thought he brought something to the team in the way he played the ball out of defence through the midfield, as well as his physical strength. Also no coincidence that the two times he has gone on loan this season to Dulwich that he walks away with their man of the match award, and yesterday, in spite of their defeat, he still scores the goal for them and also gets equal top billing of 7/10 for them today in the NLP. I'm not sure what more he had to do to cement a place in the team.

He seems to have been around for ages, yet still only 25, so he deserves regular football, well able to hold down his place at this level, and experienced National League as well. As you say Dave, Darts loss in a big way, one of our own, and very much Dulwich's gain.

Good luck Ronnie! Thanks for all your efforts for the Darts.
Sorry Pete, but Ronnie Vint didn't make an appearance in the league this season (for Dartford) until the away match at Hemel Hempstead in mid November. I think that you may have mixed him up with Josh Hill
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

If i recall Ronnie unfortunately picked up an injury in pre season and was out for quite a while.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Just as well you’re not the club statistician Pete??