Player news

Moderator: Gary C

PeteSamson

Re: Player news

Post by PeteSamson »

The Duke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 am Southend have been on the slide for at least the last couple of years and at present are only 5th from bottom of the NLS , I reckon Noor wants to get a Club that is on the up NOT one that could be swapping places with us next season !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite agree Duke. Southend have struggled for a few years now financially off the pitch, and also on the pitch, as their relegations saw them slip into the NL, where, like many former EFL teams, they are struggling to acclimatise to non league football. I doubt they can afford a fair transfer fee for him either, and surely the Darts deserve a transfer fee for him. Far far better for Noor to stay with the Darts and enjoy his football with the possibility of playing at the same level next year.

COYDS
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The southend forum which is full of noor videos say his signing will be announced tomorrow 😔
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

No chance at promotion if we lose Noor.
Undercover

Post by Undercover »

PeteSamson wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm
The Duke wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 am Southend have been on the slide for at least the last couple of years and at present are only 5th from bottom of the NLS , I reckon Noor wants to get a Club that is on the up NOT one that could be swapping places with us next season !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite agree Duke. Southend have struggled for a few years now financially off the pitch, and also on the pitch, as their relegations saw them slip into the NL, where, like many former EFL teams, they are struggling to acclimatise to non league football. I doubt they can afford a fair transfer fee for him either, and surely the Darts deserve a transfer fee for him. Far far better for Noor to stay with the Darts and enjoy his football with the possibility of playing at the same level next year.

COYDS
Before 2 weeks ago I would agree with that, however we look as though we have started to turn a corner with regards to the club infrastructure, we have just signed Harry Cardwell for an undisclosed fee.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

BAW I disagree, we haven’t become a one player team suddenly have we? x
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

M1 South wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm BAW I disagree, we haven’t become a one player team suddenly have we? x
Not saying that, but a player like Noor will be extremely hard to replace especially halfway through the season. He's one of the best midfelders at this level.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

For purely selfish reasons I hope that the rumours about Noor moving to Southend are unfounded but if they are true I would hope (and expect) that he has a contract with Dartford and should he leave a (decent) transfer fee will be paid which can be used to strengthen our squad. He is good enough to play at a higher level (albeit only one division in this case) and I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to be a full time player again.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Maybe Noor needs a new agent, the guy is absolute class and without any doubt has the quality to play in the Football league, personally having watched games at Gillingham and Charlton recently he could play for a ball playing league one team comfortably.

I think he, and his agent, should be aiming for a Championship level team and his agent (if he has one) needs to get him a better deal than National league level.

In my opinion he is one of the best players we have had at the club since we have reformed in terms of ability.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:08 pm
PeteSamson wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm

COYDS
Before 2 weeks ago I would agree with that, however we look as though we have started to turn a corner with regards to the club infrastructure, we have just signed Harry Cardwell for an undisclosed fee.
Undercover, I also follow Tranmere Rovers as I moved away from Dartford. They spent 3 years trying to get back from relegation from EFL to the National League between 2015 to 2018 and didn't have the financial problems that Southend have had. They also had a reasonable structure in place too which has improved further since. But it's been a hard journey back to our current 2nd place in Division 2.

Since then, the National League has become even stronger, so it ain't going yo be easy for Southend. Just ask Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham and Torquay for starters!!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

That's why by choice we would like to keep Noor for our own push into the National League, if that is where is does go with Southend.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I hope Noor take a longer term view than a quick [possibly] short term fix with Southend , providing he carries on with his 1st half season form until the end of the season he will be in a strong position to get a chance with a League 1 Club or at worst a very good League 2 team !!

Should we get promoted to NLS and go full time , who knows he might decide to stay ??
Spike

Post by Spike »

Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

Southend United fan here in peace.

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
I would echo KingKong's very funny, but accurate assessment of Noor, whilst adding a few plaudits of my own. Noor is an excellent player who quite literally runs rings round the opposition. This is due in part to his great talent but also the fact that his wooden leg is slightly shorter than the other one, hence the tendency for circular motion. His good eye is now functioning at 75% and doctors say he will soon be able to recognise shapes and colours which will even further enhance his ability to differentiate between opposition players and teammates. Some cruel people have described him as rotund and I can't deny that he does carry a little excess weight, but the liposuction has been a great success and he is now able to get in and out of the dressing rooms unaided here at Princes Park, thanks also to the local builder who kindly widened the door at no charge to our club. I am sure you would have no trouble finding a local tradesman who could do the same for you guys. You can disregard the rumours that his weight still poses a problem when playing on soft ground. In fact the main issue on such surfaces is that his walking stick tends to sink into the turf which further compounds the circular movement problem mentioned earlier. However, none of this should have any bearing on your decision to sign him as he is undoubtedly a marvellous footballer and unquestionably better than you have currently. Since his release from jail, Noor has been an invaluable member of our team despite his ankle bracelet limiting his movement to within 10 miles of Princes Park. I am sure you would have no problem getting a judge to change this to the Southend area. Great player though he is, we would never stand in the way of one of our players should they want to join a bigger club or Southend Utd. I would recommend you sign him the moment he returns from rehab, which has been delayed slightly since he tested positive for Covid-20.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

I cant say I'm surprised that "bigger" clubs are looking at Noor he is a quality player but with all due respect I think he can do better for himself than Southend. I just hope we can keep him to the end of the season, but if they can offer him better money who could blame him for leaving.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I like Southend…it’s got a pier.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Really hoping Noor stays, I think he can do better than Southend, hopefully we do all we can to keep him at PP, especially if we have ambitions of going up this season, I don't see talk of Jeffers at St Albans and Rutherford at Dorking moving on got to try and keep your best players.

But if he does move on I wish him all the best.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Spike wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm
Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

Southend United fan here in peace.

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
I would echo KingKong's very funny, but accurate assessment of Noor, whilst adding a few plaudits of my own. Noor is an excellent player who quite literally runs rings round the opposition. This is due in part to his great talent but also the fact that his wooden leg is slightly shorter than the other one, hence the tendency for circular motion. His good eye is now functioning at 75% and doctors say he will soon be able to recognise shapes and colours which will even further enhance his ability to differentiate between opposition players and teammates. Some cruel people have described him as rotund and I can't deny that he does carry a little excess weight, but the liposuction has been a great success and he is now able to get in and out of the dressing rooms unaided here at Princes Park, thanks also to the local builder who kindly widened the door at no charge to our club. I am sure you would have no trouble finding a local tradesman who could do the same for you guys. You can disregard the rumours that his weight still poses a problem when playing on soft ground. In fact the main issue on such surfaces is that his walking stick tends to sink into the turf which further compounds the circular movement problem mentioned earlier. However, none of this should have any bearing on your decision to sign him as he is undoubtedly a marvellous footballer and unquestionably better than you have currently. Since his release from jail, Noor has been an invaluable member of our team despite his ankle bracelet limiting his movement to within 10 miles of Princes Park. I am sure you would have no problem getting a judge to change this to the Southend area. Great player though he is, we would never stand in the way of one of our players should they want to join a bigger club or Southend Utd. I would recommend you sign him the moment he returns from rehab, which has been delayed slightly since he tested positive for Covid-20.
Brilliant!!
Bexley Blue

Post by Bexley Blue »

Lots of "he can do better than Southend". We've been a basket case for 4 years up until a month or so ago, but the tide is turning. New stadium all but approved, money coming into the club again, a huge restructuring behind the scenes which has left us with a Football Department and scouting operation which I would rank amongst the most impressive outside of the Championship/top of League 1 and which has has outed the toxic charlatans who oversaw our demise, and an excellent young coaching team that wants to play attractive football.

Say what you like but feeling is that we've hit our lowest ebb and have maintained crowds of over 5,000 through it. We are still a big club at this level. Can't see us going down now. We seem to have an identity and a direction again, and I don't think we're as hard a sell right now as some of you are making out - wouldn't seem so anyway seeing as we've just paid £35k for Harry Cardwell and beaten off competition from Chesterfield and a couple of League 2 clubs.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Let’s hope you play your Card-well ?
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

https://twitter.com/SUFCRootsHall

Looking at their twitter description, looks like the deal is done pending announcement :(
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

It’s a noor gone conclusion that he has signed for Southend.