Player news

Moderator: Gary C

KentC

Re: Player news

Post by KentC »

Other Crowd wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 am
ozymandias wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 am My memory of the Christmas period massacre of the other crowd will always be from the other crowds highlights. In the very first minute of the commentary, when Max put the ball out with a poor pass, the shout from the stands 'Same Old Dartford' could be heard.
Forty minutes later that same supporter had probably gone home. Love it. :D
Then four months later after the Fleet had won the league by an amazing 20 points and perennial failure Darts has lost yet another home play-off semi-final on penalties, that same supporter could be heard bellowing that immortal phrase "same old Dartford".
Love it. :D

£2 million loss in just over 4 years.
Anyone else would walk it with that money not bottle it every year
Other Crowd

Post by Other Crowd »

KentC wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:36 pm
ozymandias wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 am My memory of the Christmas period massacre of the other crowd will always be from the other crowds highlights. In the very first minute of the commentary, when Max put the ball out with a poor pass, the shout from the stands 'Same Old Dartford' could be heard.
Then four months later after the Fleet had won the league by an amazing 20 points and perennial failure Darts has lost yet another home play-off semi-final on penalties, that same supporter could be heard bellowing that immortal phrase "same old Dartford".

Yes we have lots of money and I bet you wish you had it too.
If winning by 20 points isn’t walking it I don’t know what is and if winning the league with 4 weeks to go is bottleling it again I’m very confused.
Anyway good luck next season in what is going to be a very tough league to get of because with your record of failure you are going to need it.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I was wondering myself John. ;) I'm happy that he adopted my name for that crowd. But you must admire him for taking the time to come on here. Things are either very slow on the other crowds forum or he has an out and out dislike for us. I fancy the latter.
For myself I hope that they do well in the NL and continue playing Solly out from the back. As Dowse demonstrated with the demolition of the other crowd over the Christmas period, even a 2nd rate set up like ours can wipe the board with them if you have a half decent manager. Although I don't think Wall could have put a ball across the goalmouth to the on rushing Carruthers quite as good as Solly.
I for one are quite happy to see the back of them.
Yes, we lost in the play-offs AGAIN, but more than a few thought we had over-achieved. Whether you are a true Gravesend & Northfleet supporter or not I think that most clubs in the NLS had them down for promotion. So it was not a surprise that they won the league, but you must admit DFC certainly gave you a wake up call. Same Old Dartford. Love it :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Yes, we've definately met him before. :D
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Can’t believe that tw@t is back!
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Should I be encouraged that sticky back Coulson was still on the board behind Dowse during his latest interview. Although e was tilted over, so half in half out maybe 😂😂😂
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

On Kent on Line interview with Dowse it states that Kieran Murtagh & Bobby Dunn have both departed the club
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Dowse kentonline interview:-

"THE OMENS ARE LOOKING GOOD"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... od-287412/
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

KentC wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:36 pm

I think it is closer to being £16 million in debt and they haven’t paid for the new stand yet.

Cash rich maybe but debt heavy!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

The stand that’s doesn’t protect you from the rain!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

M1 South wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:59 pm The stand that’s doesn’t protect you from the rain!!
Yeah the one they will pull down that’s not paid for when they turn the pitch around….
DA1

Post by DA1 »

We’ve signed Rooney…Paul Rooney that is. Was at Havant last season.

Welcome!

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Looks like Dowse intends to use him in midfield. Can't say I know much about him, but I've said it many times midfield is an area we have been struggling in for a number of seasons now so I am pleased with this signing.

Dowse said this on his new arrival “I have been chasing this lad for a long time. So I am pleased we could get it done. He will put steel and determination into the midfield. Something we were lacking at times next season.”

Welcome Paul.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Looks a decent signing, well done Dowse and welcome Paul.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Looks a decent signing well down Dowse
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

DA1

Post by DA1 »

Wall signs for another season. A fit Wall is firing on all cylinders. Let’s hope we see that side to him.

Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Just had a quick look at a video of Rooney and he will definitely add a physical presence to the team. He seems confident running with the ball from midfield and a decent passer of the ball. Warm welcome Paul
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

If Wall can stay fit then he can still play a crucial role.

Competition between Him/Lewis/Harvey will hopefully benefit them all. I'd be surprised if we saw anymore strikers sign.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

A little surprised with this one, I thought Alex may have been released. Hopefully he can stay fit this season and may possibly work well with Harvey.

I guess with Alex, Harvey & Lewis as our strikers things may not be looking quite so good for Charlie. I really hope I’m wrong as Sheringham would’ve been a quality player to keep & is the one player that talks to & encourages the younger players but will also give a bollocking when needed.
He’s the one Dowse said opens his mouth and has a lot to say in the dressing room which is what Dowse wanted.