Parkside
Park Lane
Aveley
Essex
RM15 4PX

Tel: 07946438540

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AveleyFC
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aveleyfc
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aveley_F.C.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@AveleyFC

Admission: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/aveley/a ... 41065.html

Online tickets: https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets ... ureId=3259

Adults £15
Seniors £10
Under 16s £5

Season Preview: https://puredfc.co.uk/season-preview-2023-2024

Food & Drink:
In the village there are a couple of pubs that open at 12pm. The Crown & Anchor and The Old Ship Inn on the High Street.

Directions: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/aveley/a ... 50123.html

Parking is good, we have 220 spaces on site first come first served, we have places in the car park specifically for supporters coaches.

Directions: By Road:
Clockwise on M25:
– At junction 30/31, Use the 2nd from the left lane to take the A13 exit to Dagenham/Tilbury/Thurrock (Lakeside).
– Take Ship Lane to Park Lane in Aveley
: At Mar Dyke Interchange, take the 2nd exit
: At the roundabout, exit onto Ship Lane
: At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto High Street
: Continue onto Stifford Rd
: At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Aveley Bypass/B1335
: At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit
: Merge onto Park Lane. Parkside will be on the right

Anti-Clockwise on M25:
– Merge onto M25
– Use the left 2 lanes to take the M25 N exit
– Merge onto M25
– Take the A2(E) exit toward Dartford/A225/Canterbury/M2

By Train:
C2C stations Ockendon and Rainham are the closest and most accessible to get to Parkside. Available to access from both Fenchurch Street/Liverpool Street and Southend Central.

Ockendon Station: The station is around 2.9 miles away from Parkside, however, on Saturdays the Number 22 Bus runs from Elan Road to Hanford Road and the ground is a 3 minute walk from the Hanford Road bus stop.

Rainham Station: The station is around 4 miles away, and on matchdays there are 3 TFL 372 Buses an hour that take around 15 minutes to get to St Pauls Close and into Aveley, followed by a ten minute walk either through the Village centre or down the Aveley Bypass.

Referee: Josh Crofts (was: Steven Hughes)
Assistant Referee: Howard Collins
Assistant Referee: Nathan Briggs
Spike

Re: Aveley v Dartford Sat 26 Aug 2023

Post by Spike »

I know 8 of them were friendlies, but it's a little disconcerting to be going into match number 13 still without a victory. There's been a lot of talk about the league being so much tougher than last year but there's no evidence to back that up yet. In fact, of the 4 teams we've played in the league so far, none of them looked in any way better than last year and Farnborough were considerably LESS impressive than they were last season. All 4 games were winnable but for a plethora of individual errors at one end and missed opportunities at the other. If it does turn out that the division as a whole IS significantly stronger, then it's even more disturbing that we've missed 4 opportunities against moderate opposition already. We've got a decent squad and some very good players. We really should have more points on the board.

Aveley have made a great start to this campaign and are joint top with Worthing and Weston-Super-Mare on 9 points so this one's not going to be easy. John Still always used to say that the league is a marathon, not a sprint, but whilst that may be true, I don't think we can afford to underestimate how important it is to get up and running before the elite athletes disappear over the horizon. I don't want to be sitting down on Saturday night yet again ruing how we could have won but for ..... (fill in as appropriate).

Let's get this show on the road.
COYD
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Not been to Aveley’s new ground, memories therefore limited to the old one with its awkward layout and Adam Flanagan’s boxing prowess. Normally look forward to a new stadium outing, but must admit to going into this with some trepidation. Don’t need to explain why that is, just hope that we transcend our previous performances and get something out of the game.
Not sure how I’m travelling there yet, if I drive and there are spaces in the car, I’ll chuck it on the share thread as this can be a silly one to get to given the distance.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Dowse has done a midweek interview with KOL apologies if I’ve missed it.

Seems very critical of a few and talks about changes.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Spike wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:48 pm I know 8 of them were friendlies, but it's a little disconcerting to be going into match number 13 still without a victory. There's been a lot of talk about the league being so much tougher than last year but there's no evidence to back that up yet. In fact, of the 4 teams we've played in the league so far, none of them looked in any way better than last year and Farnborough were considerably LESS impressive than they were last season. All 4 games were winnable but for a plethora of individual errors at one end and missed opportunities at the other. If it does turn out that the division as a whole IS significantly stronger, then it's even more disturbing that we've missed 4 opportunities against moderate opposition already. We've got a decent squad and some very good players. We really should have more points on the board.

Aveley have made a great start to this campaign and are joint top with Worthing and Weston-Super-Mare on 9 points so this one's not going to be easy. John Still always used to say that the league is a marathon, not a sprint, but whilst that may be true, I don't think we can afford to underestimate how important it is to get up and running before the elite athletes disappear over the horizon. I don't want to be sitting down on Saturday night yet again ruing how we could have won but for ..... (fill in as appropriate).

Let's get this show on the road.
COYD
👏
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Don’t forget that not only is it a bank holiday weekend but there is also a rail strike so the roads & especially the tunnel could be crazy.
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

:Just like most other days of the week then !
Spike

Post by Spike »

I've got 2 spare seats if anyone wants a lift PM me.
KentC

Post by KentC »

I’ve emailed them and I’ve called them but nito.
Anyone know what parking is like in or around the ground
Spike

Post by Spike »

:)
KentC wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:55 pm I’ve emailed them and I’ve called them but nito.
They have parking for 220 cars.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:37 pm :)
KentC wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:55 pm I’ve emailed them and I’ve called them but nito.
They have parking for 220 cars.
Thanks Spike, any idea on parking around the ground incase it’s full
Spike

Post by Spike »

TBH I can't remember. I only went there once for that friendly.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Spike wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:12 pm TBH I can't remember. I only went there once for that friendly.
No worries thanks anyway. I have tried to check all this out.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Aveley have got off to a cracking start.
But don't forget. This is Dartford.
And after our poor start this is just the sort of game we'll go out an win.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I'm down to one spare seat, if anyone needs transport PM me.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Really looking forward to this ,Averly are obviously a very good side , but this division never really shows who is going to be top , middle or bottom till ten games have gone .3 points don’t make a season, but they help😂😂
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lennylenny wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:46 pm Really looking forward to this ,Averly are obviously a very good side , but this division never really shows who is going to be top , middle or bottom till ten games have gone .3 points don’t make a season, but they help😂😂

If we don’t win it’s not the end of the world or the season of course, but it does start to become a problem you can’t hide that.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

So looks like a 4-4-2 formation hopefully Harvey will get a bit more assistance up top with Lewis playing with him.

I can only assume that Statham has a slight knock or reoccurrence of his injury for him to be missing from the team after playing well against Farnborough last week.

Let’s hope that Rooney has a much better game than he did last week.

Come On You Darts, 3pts awaits ⚽️⚽️⚽️.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'm being reliably informed that they are charging away fans more for drinks in the bar ☹️☹️
That's really poor, probably illegal and Aveley need to have a long hard look at themselves if correct.