Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Lewis Manor (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

KentC

Re: Dartford v Bath City Sat 5 Aug 2023

Post by KentC »

It’s not nice to criticise individually but the keeper needs to change asap . The defence was all over place at times and the goals were a joke.

Going forward we look decent and would be good to have an out and out goal scorer to add to the set up. Maybe that wouldn’t fit our style I’m not sure.

Barzey is some player, be good to leave him forward more when defending coz when he has space hell cause any opposition nightmares. Great skill, touch and control. Loved watching him.

I trust Dowse to sort what needs to be sorted asap as a good start is important.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The more i look back on yesterdays game the more frustrating it is because for long periods we played well and should have killed the game off.
However with six new players starting yesterday and with four of those in the back five it will take time for things to come together.

No doubt Dowse will be trying to work out the best way he can do this but taking into account we had a lot of friendlies i doubt Dowse and his management team have had the amount of time they would have liked working with the squad on the training pitch. We've also signed a lot of new players (who came with decent credentials) so i'm confident the more time Dowse has with them he will improve us, especially as a defensive unit. It's just whether he feels he can do it quickly enough with the current players, if not he might look to bolster the squad as well but either way i do believe he will get things right.

Even though it felt like a defeat yesterday I still left the ground more optimistic than when i arrived.

Keep The Faith & COYD
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

I thought that Wilks was an Excellent Keeper but Dowes wouldn't play him and he leaves. Any idea why Dowse wouldn't play him ?
Spike

Post by Spike »

danson7park wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:14 pm I thought that Wilks was an Excellent Keeper but Dowes wouldn't play him and he leaves. Any idea why Dowse wouldn't play him ?
It's a strange one that I never quite understood. Everyone I know thought Wilkes was an excellent keeper but I'm told that some of his his now departed teammates thought he wasn't vocal enough. Personally I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Spike wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:41 am
danson7park wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:14 pm I thought that Wilks was an Excellent Keeper but Dowes wouldn't play him and he leaves. Any idea why Dowse wouldn't play him ?
It's a strange one that I never quite understood. Everyone I know thought Wilkes was an excellent keeper but I'm told that some of his his now departed teammates thought he wasn't vocal enough. Personally I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
That'll explain the few on field rollickings he received from Tom Bonner last season.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

So we get a vocal one and he buggers off to Eastbourne.
For the money I suppose..