Tom Bonner

KentC

Re: Tom Bonner

Post by KentC »

How on earth can anyone criticise Tom on this. Find out what’s gone on for him to make that decision. How is this not a complete embarrassment for the club. Doesn’t matter if Dowse had been trying to get him all summer the fact remains he said no.
Tom has signed for Dartford several times after receiving far bigger offers from other clubs over the years so his loyalty is not in question.
Why them and why not us?
Bottom line is he doesn’t want to play for Dowse because he could of.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:25 pm Top fella, a real gentleman. Really?
Sounds like a proper stab in the back to me.
I have to wonder about some.
He couldn't get away fast enough and was waiting for the first decent offer.
Lovely lad.
Proper Judas to all supporters at DFC.
As above
KentC

Post by KentC »

Judas?

You’re a disgrace and you know FA.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

What doesn’t make any sense is the fact Tom was warming up with the players at PP a few weeks ago and when asked the question of was he signing for us again and coming back his response was we’ll have to wait and see.

If he wasn’t coming back then why warm up with our players and stand in the dug out almost all game. I’d heard that the club was just getting his shirt printed.

He was retiring to spend more time with his young family & concentrate on setting up and running his own business.
I guess money really does talk as I can’t see any other reason why he would come out of retirement and sign for King again all the way in Havant 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KentC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 pm Judas?

Ozytalksbull and Ajaxman have both made posts ( that I don’t agree with ) and theyve had a few sarcastic digs at them.

So all this shite that people go on about respecting others opinions even if they disagree or not, or not having a dig if they don’t agree Is a load of rubbish.

For the record I don’t agree with them.

You said this a few weeks ago now you are doing the same.🤣🤣
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

At present I guess most Dart fans are shocked atTom signing for Havant when I believe he said he wouldnt play for another Club ??? , Perhaps I have got it wrong and await further info before I say anything ?????????
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tony H wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:57 pm I thought Tom had signed for us a few weeks ago (though no announcement by the club, as usual). Is this, then, a transfer? Can anyone confirm please?

Gutted if Tom had returned to us but good luck to Tom. Top fella.
So nobody on here actually knows whether Tom was back with us or not then?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

All the hype and talk about King. He really didn't need it The guy must be laughing his socks off.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Not sure why the upset-he’s 35 so hardly someone to build a new team around and assuming he won’t play in the conference national so again not sure the problem!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Tom Bonner always gave 100% for the club. Was an inspirational captain. At the end of last season he retired, fact. As he has decided to take up playing again it is his prerogative to play for sieve he wants.

He gave everything for DFC when here and should be highly respected for that. He has now chosen to play for H&W. To suggest he is disloyal or even a Judas is total disrespect to someone who has given his all for Dartford over 2 shield and many seasons.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

For the record I do not blame Tom at all for this, and hope he is given a warm welcome when he returns to PP in a few weeks.

If significant money has been thrown towards Tom and he's taking up the offer to support both him and his family then you cannot blame the man.

I just find it extremely concerning that Bonner has been training with the players and as someone else pointed out sat within the dug outs a few weeks ago, it looked almost certain that he was coming back here. And now this has happened.

I'm sure more information will be found out over the next few days/weeks.
Last edited by Mark Sweet on Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Didn’t do them any good 😂 only one reason you join a struggling team at the bottom is for 💰.🍒🍓🍇🔄🎃🥧
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I think Steve King is above that Mark
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Kentc, I think you'll find I do know some things. Judas was from a book I was reading.
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

Tom could have been more Honest to the Darts, considered to be HIS Club??
Heyho... From the Bottom of my heart and this League... Hope he doesn't regret it, to the End of his career soon...
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

KentC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 pm Judas?

And you do of course !
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:19 pm I think Steve King is above that Mark
Yeah I've edited the comment. Wasn't a fair one to make so apologies. Just angry at this whole situation
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

And seeing Paul Hurley on twitter having a moan now isn't helping.

Will be my last post on this forum for the foreseeable future, I'll give him what he wants.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:51 pm And seeing Paul Hurley on twitter having a moan now isn't helping.

Will be my last post on this forum for the foreseeable future, I'll give him what he wants.
And before I go Paul, I don't work for the club. I never have. I'm just a regular fan trying to enjoy the matches and discussion on here but feel like that's no longer possible.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:54 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:51 pm And seeing Paul Hurley on twitter having a moan now isn't helping.

And before I go Paul, I don't work for the club. I never have. I'm just a regular fan trying to enjoy the matches and discussion on here but feel like that's no longer possible.
Dont let one idiots delusions stop you from posting.
Apparently I’m the bastard son of Dfc .🤪🤣
Last edited by BRASSNECK on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.