Ronnie Vint (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 42

Park Life

Re: Maidstone v Dartford FA Cup 3rd Qualifying - Sat 2 Oct 2021. Kick off 15:00

Post by Park Life »

Wookie wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:42 pm Last week at welling was good but beating this lot today feels so much better. Make no bones about it, this team is going places.

Fantastic support in the rain, only spoiled by some knobheads from maidscum who felt the need to throw bottles and coins. Incredibly, the stewards just wanted to watch our support. It seems celebrating a goal on the ‘yellow marked areas’ gets you thrown out but throwing coins is ok.
In order to keep a very merry certain supporter off the forum i have agreed to like this post on his behalf.... :lol: :lol:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKA-SAjanSM
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:47 pm Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

I counted five "in the final third" quotes. Did I miss any? :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:46 am
Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:47 pm Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

I counted five "in the final third" quotes. Did I miss any? :D
I loved the:-

"not because they were better than us on the day but they were clinically better than us they moved the ball better than us in the final third"
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Great result yesterday and a fantastic performance from all the lads and looking forward to the draw tomorrow,

Fantastic support again today, unfortunately the game for me was marred as my daughter was hit on the head by a full bottle of drink and her partner was hit over the eye by a coin thrown which needed medical attention to stop the bleeding and I know he was not the only one who had coins hitting them causing a cut.

Yes it only kids but coins and bottles still cause damage if thrown by adults or kids, if they had thrown the coins on the pitch something would have been done as it is unacceptable but why is it acceptable for them to be thrown at supporters because it seemed to be acceptable by some of the stewards and Police but I understand they have a hard job to do and I was told they are looking to see if they can identify the people that threw the objects but it would be difficult to do, funny they had no problem identifying Dartford supporters and removing them from the ground, yes they possibly threw things back at them but when nothing is done your going to retaliate, what really got to me was the older generation of Maidstone supporters standing in front of the kids throwing objects laughing at the fact my daughter was crying because she got hit on the head by the bottle shows what sort of people they are and how brave they are when there is a barrier between us, I feel certain if this happened by our supporters at our ground the older supporters would have stepped in and had a word.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Wow wow wow. I heard and saw from the highlights of the games so far we were good but I didn’t realise how good! Love the way we tried to play football all afternoon in the pissing rain and wind. Didn’t quite work in the first half but then we tore then to shreds in the second half. Take away that wind and rain and think it would have been 4 or 5! MOTM Steve King just for being Steve King. This Is the best Dartford team I have ever seen being able to match the finesse and skill of the late 1980s Taylor teams and having the fitness and brawn of the Burman teams we have recently witnessed! Also again can I point out Danny Leonard was at Sheppey last year so it’s not just that King has brought in a load of off the shelf players he can obviously spot a good one! Lastly if you segregate that’s what happens specially when you don’t do it properly it just creates bad feeling from the kick off and invites the dopes to be dopes!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Having watched the highlights I can safely say;
Definitely a free kick for our first.
Definitely NOT offside for our 4th.
Definitely a straight red for their star striker.
Oh & definitely men against boys!!
Not sure what game their Manager was watching??
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

There was me thinking that Emmanuel Sonupe was an Academy player that played against Newham on Tuesday & came on as sub yesterday, but he's not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Sonupe

SK's article in the Non League Paper today says "We've just brought in Emmanuel Sonupe.
He's played in the Football League with Stevenage and was at Yeovil when they reached the National League play-offs the season before last"

Can't see any mention on the official site of this. Maybe I'm blind.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Your answer is in the question!!
It’s the official site!!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match highlights from Stones TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsihceXC-fw
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Fantastic performance & incredible support.
We outfought them, we outplayed them, we outpaced them, we outsang them & after the first goal we dominated them! Their manager is delusional saying it was not that we were better and the scoreline was harsh (what a twat) It was men against boys and could & should of been 5 or 6.
The disallowed goal was onside & it was a definite red card, Mom for the 2nd week running is a toughie, I think Keiran had he's best game since joining the club, Noor was outstanding, meade was again impressive, Danny showed he's usual brilliance and captain Tom was solid as a rock, but overall it was simply a solid all round team masterclass!
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

rick wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:32 am Match highlights from Stones TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsihceXC-fw
Although not effecting the result , their highlights clearly show Ade was onside ,and he was deprived of another goal to add to his already impressive start .
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Great day, brilliant atmosphere. It felt like being back on an away day trip in the National League again.

MOTM hard to choose yet again. I've gone for Tom Bonner who marshalled our defence brilliantly.

We scored 3 great goals but also defended very well. We cleared and blocked practically everything Maidstone threw at us.

As for throwing things it was very upsetting to see one of our most loyal and senior supporters bleeding from a wound caused by a complete inbecile throwing a coin. It could have been a lot more serious as it was very close to his eye.

I partly hold Maidstone United responsible. If that's what they call segregation then they are going to have a serious problem sooner or later.

Can you imagine West Ham and Millwall "fans" being segregated under the same bloody roof behind the same goal!

I don't think so.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

First of all, massive thanks to Kingy for assembling such a strong and quality squad. Make no mistake, Maidstone players were very confident in the run up, one even saying that it’s written in the stars that he would score the winner after not playing much since he joined them, JB all mouth and no end product on and off the pitch.

We were great, in those conditions and on an artificial surface. We had the tactical ability to play a near perfect away job on the team that they call the Stones.

Beautiful isn’t it, going there and stuffing them, we did our talking on the pitch eh? Our magnificent support was heard throughout, well done the 12th man.

As for the amount of our fans that were injured, I hope you are ok? The result would have made yo feel better. The stewarding was average at best, in some cases confrontational. Only concentrating on the Darts fans for long periods.

Anyway the 4th goal was one of the worst linesman decisions ever, if he bothers to see the highlights, should surely be making an apology.

Message to Maidstone, you say it’s a marathon and not a sprint and all that, it might be for you, but we are cruising along and indeed see you in December.

Bloody marvellous and hope we are rewarded with a very rewarding 4th qualifying draw at home.

Jog on Maidstone and the memory of blood being inflicted on our fans will not be forgotten.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Looks like the fixture at PP is gonna be segregated I’d say. What a mindless bunch of morons. But let’s not forget it was only a mad minority. Shame our fans had to retaliate but that what happens if you have ineffective and non independent stewarding. Why is it always Maidscum? No trouble v £bbsfl££t or Welling where you might be forgiven for expecting a bit.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Ade was definately onside. The Stones version even froze the video to point that out. Dan's goal was a touch of class on the chip over the defender (What a signing that lad is?). The sending off incident was worse than I thought. The more I see of Noor the more I love the guy. What a team, what a performance. The more I see of it the more I think that Maidstone were 2nd class in every department. :lol:
But I still go for Luke Allen as my MOTM.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Absolutely outstanding performance from our phenomenal squad. I always say squad, not team, because it's the depth of talent that elevates us to a higher level. Steve King has assembled a group of players that we can be proud of and the quality of football is surely belonging of a much higher level. I know we haven't won anything yet and it may sound a bit premature to say it , but at this precise moment in time, I honestly think this is the best Dartford squad I have seen in my 55 years as a supporter. Of course, things can change very quickly and there's no guarantee that we'll go on to win anything, but at this precise moment it's an absolute joy and privilege to be a Dartford supporter and I am loving every minute of it. Yesterday was a great performance and after we took the lead it was just a matter of how many. MOTM was a tough one, between Leonard, Meade and Bonner for me. The only disappointment was the incompetent stewards who did nothing to prevent Maidstone's coin throwing oiks but were highly confrontational and provocative in their attitude towards the visiting Dartford fans. Still, it's not going to spoil my weekend.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Great result and a real show of character.

Home draw next please.
Last edited by Ken Shabby on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Learnt yesterday I need to buy a new set of waterproof clothing but given this excellent display and result, couldn't give a fig. But why do they construct roofs that pour water onto supporters? Being at the front I was unaware of the coin/bottle throwing which must have been behind me. As others have suggested, segregation just invites this type of bad behaviour as it produces easy targets. Sorry to hear of injuries to supporters, I wish them well with no long lasting effects. Can the club make a protest/complaint to the FA and/or Maidstone? Stewarding poor and when a PC appeared he was tailed by two young 'non-threatening' female officers who looked as if they didn't want to be there, let alone get wet.
Well done Darts and fans.
From a personal and selfish point of view, an away day in Hastings in the next round would fit nicely!