Ronnie Vint (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 42

oranj

Re: Maidstone v Dartford FA Cup 3rd Qualifying - Sat 2 Oct 2021. Kick off 15:00

Post by oranj »

A massive thank you to the team for a truly memorable performance. What a day!

A number of excellent performances, but Jernade Meade was brilliant yet again. He’s proving to be a really top player at this level…kudos to Steve king for finding him. A real gem.

A shame to be hit by one of the many coins thrown by the Maidstone fans though.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Last week at welling was good but beating this lot today feels so much better. Make no bones about it, this team is going places.

Fantastic support in the rain, only spoiled by some knobheads from maidscum who felt the need to throw bottles and coins. Incredibly, the stewards just wanted to watch our support. It seems celebrating a goal on the ‘yellow marked areas’ gets you thrown out but throwing coins is ok.
Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

Anybody know where Jack jebb has been lately, is he injured?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Rixsto wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:52 pm Anybody know where Jack jebb has been lately, is he injured?
He was named as a sub today but has had a slight injury the last few weeks.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Another thoroughly professional performance from our very talented squad which Steve has assembled. First 20-25 mins was pretty even but as soon as we got our noses in front we took control and ran out very worthy winners. Second half we were never really under much pressure, they did throw a few forward late on but on the odd occasion they looked threatening our defence was immense and snuffed them out. Other than one save from Craig i can't recall them having another decent strike on our goal. However when we attacked (especially in the second half) we looked a real threat and could easily have had another goal or two. Conditions were very difficult but the torrential rain didn't effect our performance or dampen the spirits of the Darts fans who were in excellent voice the whole game.
MOTM is becoming a bloody hard decision every week because we have so many candidates, however i have gone for Jernade Meade. Defended well all game and also got forward on numerous occasions causing them real problems.

I have to admit i have also had a look on their forum and more than happy if a few of them they think we aren't that good, makes it even better.

As for matters off the pitch, reading their forum and after the events of today it seems they have a growing problem from some of their younger fans. From the first minute i witnessed several bottles thrown into our section of the ground and a few coins as well with one of our fans being hit and suffering a cut just to the side of his eye. However i will admit i was disappointed that a couple of items were thrown back, as hard as it was being under this constant provocation we should not have reacted. I think it would be worthwhile for Maidstone to look again at their match arrangements when they want to segregate fans as there didn't seem enough stewards for this game. There's the argument that segregation stokes up the atmosphere but If you are going to segregate then i would suggest having a much wider distance between them rather than the ridiculous piece of cloth about 2 to 3 metres wide, it's quite clearly not suitable. The stewards have a hard job so don't want to be too critical and there are a few really decent ones at Maidstone but i did sense that some weren't consistent with their "decision" making and one in particular could benefit from some people skills.
Not sure who their injured player is wearing the foot cast but after the above incidents in the first half he would be better off not coming across and goading the away fans at the HT interval, very silly.

A great performance and thoroughly enjoyable day.
COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Rixsto wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:52 pm Anybody know where Jack jebb has been lately, is he injured?
PL beat me to it, but he was on the bench:

Maidstone v Dartford Sat 2 Oct 2021 FT 0-3 Att 2136
Scorers: Husin (36), Leonard (48), Azeez (74)
Booked: Wynter
Team: King, Wynter, Meade, Essam, Bonner, Leonard, Husin, Murtagh, Porter, Allen, Azeez
Subs used: Roberts, Vint, Sonupe
Bench warmers: Jebb, Kedman, Wilks, Dalling
Match Official: Richie Watkins
--

Did any of our other players (other than Wynter) get booked, anyone know?
DA1

Post by DA1 »

rick wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:57 pm
PL beat me to it, but he was on the bench:

Maidstone v Dartford Sat 2 Oct 2021 FT 0-3 Att 2136
Scorers: Husin (36), Leonard (48), Azeez (74)
Booked: Wynter
Team: King, Wynter, Meade, Essam, Bonner, Leonard, Husin, Murtagh, Porter, Allen, Azeez
Subs used: Roberts, Vint, Sonupe
Bench warmers: Jebb, Kedman, Wilks, Dalling
Match Official: Richie Watkins
--

Did any of our other players get booked (other than Wynter), anyone know?
Jordan Wynter in the first half.
Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

I was there too and must of missed the substitutes announcements, probably happend whilst I was trying to dodge the coins and bottles.

I saw the bloke that got hit near the eye just in front of me, and stewards didn't want to know when we called them over to help.

Thanks for the heads up on Jebb gents 👍
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

One of the standout performances of my 60 years support. In danger of repeating what others have said, but we controlled the game throughout and mastered the difficult swirling wind and rain, with Tom and Connor commanding at the back, and Keiran strong in front of them. Craig, rotated into the team had little to worry him apart from a stinging save in the last 10 minutes. Jordan and Jernade were strong in the tackle and gave great support to the midfield, where Luke was everywhere. Noor had his usual controlled short passing game, and what a goal! Danny settled after trying too much and not crossing, and worked hard with his well-taken goal after beating the defender. Ade in the right place yet again for his tap-in to reward his continuous aerial threat in the middle. George worked well with him to unsettle them.
Tom MOM for me, but could make a case for many more. Hope his going off for an injury was just precautionary, but good to see Ronnie have a run-out after loyal service on the sidelines and bench.
Home an hour and a half late after signal failures and replacement taxis near home on the Cambridge line, but who cares after such entertainment!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Still smiling after that result, having listening to the BBC commentary. Weather conditions seemed atrocious.

Looking forward to the draw fro the 4th Qualifying round, which apparently is taking place on TalkSport at 15:15, rather than the usual time of 13:00 .

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wookie wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:42 pm Last week at welling was good but beating this lot today feels so much better. Make no bones about it, this team is going places.

Fantastic support in the rain, only spoiled by some knobheads from maidscum who felt the need to throw bottles and coins. Incredibly, the stewards just wanted to watch our support. It seems celebrating a goal on the ‘yellow marked areas’ gets you thrown out but throwing coins is ok.
In order to keep a very merry certain supporter off the forum i have agreed to like this post on his behalf.... :lol: :lol:
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKA-SAjanSM
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:47 pm Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

I counted five "in the final third" quotes. Did I miss any? :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rick wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:46 am
Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:47 pm Hakan Hayrettin post match interview:-

I counted five "in the final third" quotes. Did I miss any? :D
I loved the:-

"not because they were better than us on the day but they were clinically better than us they moved the ball better than us in the final third"
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Great result yesterday and a fantastic performance from all the lads and looking forward to the draw tomorrow,

Fantastic support again today, unfortunately the game for me was marred as my daughter was hit on the head by a full bottle of drink and her partner was hit over the eye by a coin thrown which needed medical attention to stop the bleeding and I know he was not the only one who had coins hitting them causing a cut.

Yes it only kids but coins and bottles still cause damage if thrown by adults or kids, if they had thrown the coins on the pitch something would have been done as it is unacceptable but why is it acceptable for them to be thrown at supporters because it seemed to be acceptable by some of the stewards and Police but I understand they have a hard job to do and I was told they are looking to see if they can identify the people that threw the objects but it would be difficult to do, funny they had no problem identifying Dartford supporters and removing them from the ground, yes they possibly threw things back at them but when nothing is done your going to retaliate, what really got to me was the older generation of Maidstone supporters standing in front of the kids throwing objects laughing at the fact my daughter was crying because she got hit on the head by the bottle shows what sort of people they are and how brave they are when there is a barrier between us, I feel certain if this happened by our supporters at our ground the older supporters would have stepped in and had a word.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Wow wow wow. I heard and saw from the highlights of the games so far we were good but I didn’t realise how good! Love the way we tried to play football all afternoon in the pissing rain and wind. Didn’t quite work in the first half but then we tore then to shreds in the second half. Take away that wind and rain and think it would have been 4 or 5! MOTM Steve King just for being Steve King. This Is the best Dartford team I have ever seen being able to match the finesse and skill of the late 1980s Taylor teams and having the fitness and brawn of the Burman teams we have recently witnessed! Also again can I point out Danny Leonard was at Sheppey last year so it’s not just that King has brought in a load of off the shelf players he can obviously spot a good one! Lastly if you segregate that’s what happens specially when you don’t do it properly it just creates bad feeling from the kick off and invites the dopes to be dopes!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Having watched the highlights I can safely say;
Definitely a free kick for our first.
Definitely NOT offside for our 4th.
Definitely a straight red for their star striker.
Oh & definitely men against boys!!
Not sure what game their Manager was watching??
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

There was me thinking that Emmanuel Sonupe was an Academy player that played against Newham on Tuesday & came on as sub yesterday, but he's not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Sonupe

SK's article in the Non League Paper today says "We've just brought in Emmanuel Sonupe.
He's played in the Football League with Stevenage and was at Yeovil when they reached the National League play-offs the season before last"

Can't see any mention on the official site of this. Maybe I'm blind.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Your answer is in the question!!
It’s the official site!!