rick
Site Admin

Re: Maidstone v Dartford FA Cup 3rd Qualifying - Sat 2 Oct 2021. Kick off 15:00

Post by rick »

Match highlights from Stones TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsihceXC-fw
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

Fantastic performance & incredible support.
We outfought them, we outplayed them, we outpaced them, we outsang them & after the first goal we dominated them! Their manager is delusional saying it was not that we were better and the scoreline was harsh (what a twat) It was men against boys and could & should of been 5 or 6.
The disallowed goal was onside & it was a definite red card, Mom for the 2nd week running is a toughie, I think Keiran had he's best game since joining the club, Noor was outstanding, meade was again impressive, Danny showed he's usual brilliance and captain Tom was solid as a rock, but overall it was simply a solid all round team masterclass!
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

rick wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:32 am Match highlights from Stones TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsihceXC-fw
Although not effecting the result , their highlights clearly show Ade was onside ,and he was deprived of another goal to add to his already impressive start .
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Great day, brilliant atmosphere. It felt like being back on an away day trip in the National League again.

MOTM hard to choose yet again. I've gone for Tom Bonner who marshalled our defence brilliantly.

We scored 3 great goals but also defended very well. We cleared and blocked practically everything Maidstone threw at us.

As for throwing things it was very upsetting to see one of our most loyal and senior supporters bleeding from a wound caused by a complete inbecile throwing a coin. It could have been a lot more serious as it was very close to his eye.

I partly hold Maidstone United responsible. If that's what they call segregation then they are going to have a serious problem sooner or later.

Can you imagine West Ham and Millwall "fans" being segregated under the same bloody roof behind the same goal!

I don't think so.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

First of all, massive thanks to Kingy for assembling such a strong and quality squad. Make no mistake, Maidstone players were very confident in the run up, one even saying that it’s written in the stars that he would score the winner after not playing much since he joined them, JB all mouth and no end product on and off the pitch.

We were great, in those conditions and on an artificial surface. We had the tactical ability to play a near perfect away job on the team that they call the Stones.

Beautiful isn’t it, going there and stuffing them, we did our talking on the pitch eh? Our magnificent support was heard throughout, well done the 12th man.

As for the amount of our fans that were injured, I hope you are ok? The result would have made yo feel better. The stewarding was average at best, in some cases confrontational. Only concentrating on the Darts fans for long periods.

Anyway the 4th goal was one of the worst linesman decisions ever, if he bothers to see the highlights, should surely be making an apology.

Message to Maidstone, you say it’s a marathon and not a sprint and all that, it might be for you, but we are cruising along and indeed see you in December.

Bloody marvellous and hope we are rewarded with a very rewarding 4th qualifying draw at home.

Jog on Maidstone and the memory of blood being inflicted on our fans will not be forgotten.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Looks like the fixture at PP is gonna be segregated I’d say. What a mindless bunch of morons. But let’s not forget it was only a mad minority. Shame our fans had to retaliate but that what happens if you have ineffective and non independent stewarding. Why is it always Maidscum? No trouble v £bbsfl££t or Welling where you might be forgiven for expecting a bit.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Ade was definately onside. The Stones version even froze the video to point that out. Dan's goal was a touch of class on the chip over the defender (What a signing that lad is?). The sending off incident was worse than I thought. The more I see of Noor the more I love the guy. What a team, what a performance. The more I see of it the more I think that Maidstone were 2nd class in every department. :lol:
But I still go for Luke Allen as my MOTM.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Absolutely outstanding performance from our phenomenal squad. I always say squad, not team, because it's the depth of talent that elevates us to a higher level. Steve King has assembled a group of players that we can be proud of and the quality of football is surely belonging of a much higher level. I know we haven't won anything yet and it may sound a bit premature to say it , but at this precise moment in time, I honestly think this is the best Dartford squad I have seen in my 55 years as a supporter. Of course, things can change very quickly and there's no guarantee that we'll go on to win anything, but at this precise moment it's an absolute joy and privilege to be a Dartford supporter and I am loving every minute of it. Yesterday was a great performance and after we took the lead it was just a matter of how many. MOTM was a tough one, between Leonard, Meade and Bonner for me. The only disappointment was the incompetent stewards who did nothing to prevent Maidstone's coin throwing oiks but were highly confrontational and provocative in their attitude towards the visiting Dartford fans. Still, it's not going to spoil my weekend.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Great result and a real show of character.

Home draw next please.
Last edited by Ken Shabby on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Learnt yesterday I need to buy a new set of waterproof clothing but given this excellent display and result, couldn't give a fig. But why do they construct roofs that pour water onto supporters? Being at the front I was unaware of the coin/bottle throwing which must have been behind me. As others have suggested, segregation just invites this type of bad behaviour as it produces easy targets. Sorry to hear of injuries to supporters, I wish them well with no long lasting effects. Can the club make a protest/complaint to the FA and/or Maidstone? Stewarding poor and when a PC appeared he was tailed by two young 'non-threatening' female officers who looked as if they didn't want to be there, let alone get wet.
Well done Darts and fans.
From a personal and selfish point of view, an away day in Hastings in the next round would fit nicely!
MINTY

Post by MINTY »

Having moved down here a few years ago, this result was even more special. What a performance ! Those conditions were dreadful but Darts handled them well, especially second half. Solid at the back, pacy up front, always looking the more likely to score. Steve King has assembled a squad that is more than capable of winning this league. Superb stuff. The 12th man (fans) were incredible, cracking atmosphere.
I was going to give MOTM to Danny leonard as he's been the best signing this season but i edged to Tom Bonner who won everything at the back and led by example. A true captains performance.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

What an excellent result congratulations to the team and fans on the 3-0 win
Although The Duke and I had to miss the game we were kept aware of the goings on thanks to Gilesy and The 5th Searcher both on the pitch and what the Maidstone morons in the stand were getting up to an absolute disgrace. :x
We didn't have access to the highlights until we both got back today but yesterday we did buy a copy of the Non League daily and there for all to see The Darts in the pink with a good photo on the front page and although the match report was small we didn't need it once we read Steve Kings large match report with his opinion of the game. :D :D :D
It's worth fans buying a copy if still available in newsagents
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Yes Trevor, the NLP was an excellent read yesterday with the Darts on the front page and Steve King's well rounded full page contribution as well.

I wasn't impressed though by the opening paragraph of the match report that "Dartford stamped their authority over 10-man Maidstone in front of a bumper crowd during a rain-soaked Kent derby". Any neutral reading that might have though the Darts had won 3-0 because we were playing against only 10 men. Only in the last paragraph did it say that Luque was sent off in added time.

The Darts did all the hard work 11 v 11 for over 90 minutes, so was an equal battle throughout the match, until added time.

Well done also to Spike. I heard your message to Radio Kent read out towards the end of the roundup programme.

COYD