Pre season friendly Billericay v Dartford Sat 29 July 2023

Lars Resort

Re: Pre season friendly Billericay v Dartford Sat 29 July 2023

Post by Lars Resort »

Hoo- bloody - ray Rick. About bloody time. Best result of the friendly games so far.😁
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

AD not a happy man , expect a couple to go out on loan and a couple of new faces to come in this week .
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Billericay were very aggressive, which resulted in a bad tempered game littered with free kicks, far from a friendly.
The penalty shout was at least 1 meter inside the area but the referee was so bullied by the Billericay players, he didn't
have the guts to give it. In truth we were pretty mediocre. Need a big step up if we are to have a successful season.
One of the best players on the pitch was our old pal Tom Bender.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

It was a pretty dire performance to be honest. I stayed behind for awhile to chat with the Wilks family. All the Dartford players left, one by one, with their heads down and Alex Wall apologising. I’m often criticised here for being half a glass empty but I’m struggling to find anything positive. It was a grim watch.
KentC

Post by KentC »

rick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:57 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:50 pm Our main team getting picked apart by a team in the division below, and everyone has a go at me for saying im worried about the season ahead.
By popular demand I have banned you from this forum. Always negative, nothing ever positive to say. I bet you're a bundle of fun at parties.

I banned you during the St Albans game last season saying why, but you don't learn. Suggest you go to your own teams' forum & moan there. You won't be missed here. Bye.

Thank you Rick
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

First game for me since the Charlton game due to holidays and was really looking forward to it but we were dire and Dowse.s post match comments are 100% accurate , players who came to us with great pedigree were poor and only Tommy Block and Brandon Barzey came out with any credit , disappointed NOT see Bradbury and Manor [ both out with injuries but evidently ok for next week ] and as a result we had no worthwhile attempts on goal in the whole 90 mins
I hope next week the 900+ crowd at PP can get the team fired up and we can see the real class of the newbies and those retained players or else we will get a tonking !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Braintree , no warning that it was Credit Card only and no Cash , good job Gilesey had his Credit Card with him !!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

What game were you at??
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

:o I normally would say “What Planet” but ho hum
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Results in pre-season win you nothing, however on that showing yesterday we are nowhere close to a team ready to kick-off a league campaign in a weeks time in my humble opinion. Slightly concerned at this stage it has to be said but, who knows, things might start to fall into place during this coming week (fingers crossed!)
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

KentC wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:32 pm
rick wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:57 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:50 pm Our main team getting picked apart by a team in the division below, and everyone has a go at me for saying im worried about the season ahead.
By popular demand I have banned you from this forum. Always negative, nothing ever positive to say. I bet you're a bundle of fun at parties.

I banned you during the St Albans game last season saying why, but you don't learn. Suggest you go to your own teams' forum & moan there. You won't be missed here. Bye.

Thank you Rick
Agreed, though allegedly, Reg has plenty more aliases he can irritate us through. I just don't understand what the motivation is!

Getting back to the match though, l never place much importance on pre season friendly matches which is why l never attend them, but Dowse does appear a little bit concerned in his interview.

I'm happy to wait until Saturday to see the first result that really matters!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:01 pm Firstly thank you for banning that idiot, finally.

Was anyone at the game? How did we play? It is of course a slight worry that we haven't won yet and Dowse was going into this game with confidence having his best players available so to see we lost the game and didn't score is a bit disappointing. But results don't matter at this stage and only matter starting from next week.
DaveT (and any others that might be interested), it is my strong understanding that BAWArmy is NOT Reg and is most probably a “fan” from one of our local rival teams.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Slightly concerned? A little yes.
But I like most of what he says, he sees it and doesn’t accept it.
Next week is where it really counts.
It’s his team now and he would have know Tom B maybe of been leaving way before he announced it.
I have the faith , bring on Saturday!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Tony H wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:11 pm DaveT (and any others that might be interested), it is my strong understanding that BAWArmy is NOT Reg and is most probably a “fan” from one of our local rival teams.
Yes, that was a popular misconception, but Reg is easily distinguishable from BAWArmy because the latter usually delivers short, sharp unwarranted criticisms in just a few words, but Reg would never use a single sentence when 6½ pages of incomprehensible drivel can convey the same message.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

😂 I jokingly ‘accused’ BAW as being ‘Reg’ during a rant last season. ‘Reg’ within seconds, texted me privately to say, “it’s not me.” I knew that. The style of writing is not the same. But Reg is watching. Closely. 😆 I’m so pleased Rick has binned the prick though.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Not in any way defending this particular troll but if we start using negativity as a criteria for banning people it’s a dangerous precedent.Many more users from this forum and a thousand others around the country will need to start looking over there shoulders.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Johndfc2 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:27 pm Not in any way defending this particular troll but if we start using negativity as a criteria for banning people it’s a dangerous precedent.Many more users from this forum and a thousand others around the country will need to start looking over there shoulders.
Its not the start of 1984 , it was a troll that needed to be gone .
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:17 pm
Johndfc2 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:27 pm Not in any way defending this particular troll but if we start using negativity as a criteria for banning people it’s a dangerous precedent.Many more users from this forum and a thousand others around the country will need to start looking over there shoulders.
Its not the start of 1984 , it was a troll that needed to be gone .

I find it very uncomfortable that someone is banned for their negative views . Where does it state that all views must coincide with the majority? . Yes he is a windup , but nothing stops you from scrolling past and simply ignoring his post ,or better still debating his point ? What is not acceptable is mob rule influencing the Admin into banning someone because it doesn’t suit their narrative .
When did the old adage of “ we can agree to disagree “ die ?