George Porter (Sub)
No votes
Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

JCJ

Re: Welling United v Dartford Sat 25 Sep 2021 Kick Off: 3pm

Post by JCJ »

What a result and could have been so many more very hard to pick MOM as they all played so well, and we done this without Jebb Hill & Robinson not even in the squad are they injured or just rested

Looking forward to next week now
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

Bloody well done Darts. A team full of running, power,organisation,skill,determination. etc etc etc. I take my hat of to SK and the squad he has assembled. Best I’ve seen for a long while. Similar to the squad he put together at Welling not so long ago. Only better. On the other hand we as Welling fans have a rudderless organisation who couldn’t assemble an IKEA coffee table never mind a decent squad. As I say well done. You played some excellent football today. SK must be aware that you will have much tougher days ahead so keep your feet on the ground. You will still piss this league though. Congrats.
Davedart

Post by Davedart »

What a performance, could have been double figures! So many players putting in superb performances today making it near impossible in a long time picking a MOTM.
Nice to have a chat with Steve king in the local cafe 2hrs before kickoff, Steve you are a Genius what you have done at this club is simply outstanding.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Let me start by applauding every single welling fan for supporting there team today when they were embarrassed. How Welling fans didn’t walk out when they saw the pathetic , , incompetent failure Hugo Langton standing next to a man who has run a once great club into the ground , amazes me. True fans , massive respect. End of day , nobody wants a local derby to be pathetic, and this is what it was , 12/0 would not have been disrespectful. Food was terrible , but staff were fantastic( our club upstairs need to employ them rather than the rude ones we have) and amazing how under adversity they still were a pleasure. Stewards today fantastic , one fan brought one flare in ( one to many ) but common sense prevailed and they had the balls to stop the bald bloke with authority from being a bigger prick than he was. Dartford were amazing but we were against a team that couldn’t get it into our reserves.Maidstone will be a different kettle of fish. Got to say support from the youth today was fantastic and it has to be encouraged , and at ground told how valued they are , they are the future .Kingie would of loved that, , that ground will be in my opinion flats and houses, I hope I’m wrong for the welling faithfull.
Last edited by Lennylenny on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Bit of a “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe” for MOTM ,such was the quality shown all throughout the team today . Welling were awful to be honest and the 6-0 must of flattered them somewhat ? But taking nothing away from the Darts, they were outstanding today and every player SK has assembled in this squad is confident on the ball ,and the pace up front must be every defenders worst nightmare . Best performance I’ve seen for a very long time and here’s hoping for similar result next weekend 😉🤣 I’ve finally decided on Danny Leonard for Motm , had an outstanding game today and he got the “ Moe” 👍
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

To any doubters - this is Dartford.
Under Steve King we will be promoted to National national.
Be ready - it will be different times, but many of us are already versed. 500 mile trips are upon us (if the missus allows).
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Exceptional performances all round, but almost embarrassing to watch how easy it was. Agree with Lenny that Wings fans should be respected for sticking it out, and maybe enjoying seeing their humiliation by a football masterclass, in the hope it might bring changes there.
Could and should have scored several more with Danny, Ade and Dan giving their defence a torrid time. Only their on-loan Arsenal youngster in goal saved a complete rout.
Jernade impressed again with his overlaps and great crosses. Luke Allen commanding, while Noor was sheer class with his touches and short passing game. So good to be there!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Stunning performance against a Welling team without a clue. Welling forced to play so deep for the majority of the game against a relentless attack. Like many people MoM is tough but plumped for Luke Allen involved all over the park and two goals to his name.
COYD
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The way we've started the season I thought we would stuff someone sooner or later.
The fact it happened at the venue we found ourselves at today couldn't have been better.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Been wanting to see us spank that lot for many a year. In the end, I felt a bit sorry for their fans. Seeing their club go under can’t be nice. Left on 89 mins as a 96 pulled up and I was back home by 5.30! As away days go, that can’t be beat! Ade again for me! He’s a powerhouse.
Spike

Post by Spike »

It's the manager's job to not get carried away, but as fans, if we can't get excited on days like this then what's the point of coming? I think we're entitled to milk the crap out of it and go full on mental as it's not very often that your team sticks 6 past your local rivals. Darts were absolutely magnificent today and had our forwards been a little more clinical in front of goal then we could so easily have reached double figures. Had we done so it might more accurately reflect the chasm in class between the two sides. That said, it would be easy to dismiss Welling as hopeless, but they managed a draw against Slough and a victory over 3rd place Concord in their most recent games so they are obviously capable of better. In my view, the bulk of the credit lies firmly with our squad for playing so well and simply overwhelming our hosts. Rottweiler Darts were at it right from the kick-off and simply didn't let go right until the final whistle. We were mesmerising at times, it was carnage out there. I felt sorry for the Welling fans and credit to them for not going home at half-time. Steve King has assembled something very special here and whilst nothing can be taken for granted, we are in with a massive shout.

MOTM is a tough one, I initially narrowed it down to about 12 players before finally opting for Noor.

Awesome!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm Let me start by applauding every single welling fan for supporting there team today when they were embarrassed. How Welling fans didn’t walk out when they saw the pathetic , , incompetent failure Hugo Langton standing next to a man who has run a once great club into the ground , amazes me. True fans , massive respect. End of day , nobody wants a local derby to be pathetic, and this is what it was , 12/0 would not have been disrespectful. Food was terrible , but staff were fantastic( our club upstairs need to employ them rather than the rude ones we have) and amazing how under adversity they still were a pleasure. Stewards today fantastic , one fan brought one flare in ( one to many ) but common sense prevailed and they had the balls to stop the fat bald bloke with authority from being a bigger prick than he was. Dartford were amazing but we were against a team that couldn’t get it into our reserves.Maidstone will be a different kettle of fish. Got to say support from the youth today was fantastic and it has to be encouraged , and at ground told how valued they are , they are the future .Kingie would of loved that, Goldberg is destroying that club , that ground will be in my opinion flats and houses, I hope I’m wrong for the welling faithfull.last point the team and selection for the tonbridge angel game got a bit of stick, when u see them beating Dorking 3/1 yesterday maybe it wasn’t that bad!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Loads of superlatives there and justly so. Totally agree with LennyLenny in applauding the Welling supporters and staff. There are some good people at that club and they deserve better.

Feet firmly on the ground - it was a masterclass yesterday and should be celebrated. On now to much tougher games ahead!

Mom Luke Allen
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:15 am
Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm Let me start by applauding every single welling fan for supporting there team today when they were embarrassed. How Welling fans didn’t walk out when they saw the pathetic , , incompetent failure Hugo Langton standing next to a man who has run a once great club into the ground , amazes me. True fans , massive respect. End of day , nobody wants a local derby to be pathetic, and this is what it was , 12/0 would not have been disrespectful. Food was terrible , but staff were fantastic( our club upstairs need to employ them rather than the rude ones we have) and amazing how under adversity they still were a pleasure. Stewards today fantastic , one fan brought one flare in ( one to many ) but common sense prevailed and they had the balls to stop the bald bloke with authority from being a bigger prick than he was. Dartford were amazing but we were against a team that couldn’t get it into our reserves.Maidstone will be a different kettle of fish. Got to say support from the youth today was fantastic and it has to be encouraged , and at ground told how valued they are , they are the future .Kingie would of loved that, Goldberg is destroying that club , that ground will be in my opinion flats and houses, I hope I’m wrong for the welling faithfull.last point the team and selection for the tonbridge angel game got a bit of stick, when u see them beating Dorking 3/1 yesterday maybe it wasn’t that bad!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Any interviews with Goldberg or king available?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve King Post Match Interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1zqJVBQoQEWJB
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

At 73 but the memory not so good :cry: and after following the Darts for 68 years now I am struggling to remember many games that showed a
better all round performance than yesterdays one.
Perhaps a few from the Peter Taylor era and I understand that he was in the grandstand at yesterdays match
That very quick first goal had us wondering if we could get to the 5 or 6 we were possibly hoping for and we went on to make it 6 leaving us possibly a little disappointed as it should have been far more with the chances created and missed but lets not be ungrateful. :)
As others have commented full marks to the Welling fans for staying on to the end and remaining loyal.
How can you pick a M.O.M. from such a good team performance well like many others I have had to make a choice and gave it to Jernade Meade for his non stop running the full length of the pitch and the pace that he turns on creating numerous chances for us.
Well done to Steve King as well coming to salute the fans to the sides and behind the goal at the end.
Last edited by Trevor B on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Fantastic performance and result !
Just looking around and dodging the crumbling terraces at PVR makes you certainly appreciate what we have at PP. On a side note, does anyone know why the E&B bar was closed yesterday?

Have to give MOTM to Mark Goldberg for getting rid of SK
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yes we will have tougher games ahead and regardless of how good or bad Welling were that was a great performance and we should not underestimate how well we are playing and the quality of football we are producing.
We came out and went for them right from the start and scored so early they didn't know what had hit them. Other than a couple of chances Welling were never in it and we dominated the whole game and could easily have had more, six ain't bad though :D :D

As for Welling, they are in a real mess. Whilst i don't want them relegated i can't think of any club around our level run/owned by a single person where it ends well. It just goes to show the importance of a well run financially stable club and of course a manager who can assemble a great playing squad :D :D . No doubt there will be ups and downs along the way but i really do believe our club and Kingy have the potential for sustained long term success.

MOTM has got to be the hardest decision ever as you could make a case for virtually anyone such was the performance, so after a heavy night of celebrating will have to think some more on that.

I believe the attendance was given as just over a 1000 so i think it would be fair to say we outnumbered them. Our support was great yesterday so i hope everyone who went goes next week as i feel our support will be more important then. Last few tickets can be bought here:-
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/maidston ... destsearch
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am Fantastic performance and result !
Just looking around and dodging the crumbling terraces at PVR makes you certainly appreciate what we have at PP. On a side note, does anyone know why the E&B bar was closed yesterday?

Have to give MOTM to Mark Goldberg for getting rid of SK
I overheard someone yesterday who said that Welling have stopped E&B from opening their bar when Welling are playing to try to increase their own revenue. When you are only averaging around 400 supporters for home matches you can kind of understand it. In previous years I would have expected a crowd of at least 1800 for a match against Dartford and to only manage just over a 1000 just shows how bad things are for Welling.
Last edited by The Futures White on Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.