George Porter (Sub)
No votes
Luke Wanadio (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Spike

Re: Welling United v Dartford Sat 25 Sep 2021 Kick Off: 3pm

Post by Spike »

It's the manager's job to not get carried away, but as fans, if we can't get excited on days like this then what's the point of coming? I think we're entitled to milk the crap out of it and go full on mental as it's not very often that your team sticks 6 past your local rivals. Darts were absolutely magnificent today and had our forwards been a little more clinical in front of goal then we could so easily have reached double figures. Had we done so it might more accurately reflect the chasm in class between the two sides. That said, it would be easy to dismiss Welling as hopeless, but they managed a draw against Slough and a victory over 3rd place Concord in their most recent games so they are obviously capable of better. In my view, the bulk of the credit lies firmly with our squad for playing so well and simply overwhelming our hosts. Rottweiler Darts were at it right from the kick-off and simply didn't let go right until the final whistle. We were mesmerising at times, it was carnage out there. I felt sorry for the Welling fans and credit to them for not going home at half-time. Steve King has assembled something very special here and whilst nothing can be taken for granted, we are in with a massive shout.

MOTM is a tough one, I initially narrowed it down to about 12 players before finally opting for Noor.

Awesome!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm Let me start by applauding every single welling fan for supporting there team today when they were embarrassed. How Welling fans didn’t walk out when they saw the pathetic , , incompetent failure Hugo Langton standing next to a man who has run a once great club into the ground , amazes me. True fans , massive respect. End of day , nobody wants a local derby to be pathetic, and this is what it was , 12/0 would not have been disrespectful. Food was terrible , but staff were fantastic( our club upstairs need to employ them rather than the rude ones we have) and amazing how under adversity they still were a pleasure. Stewards today fantastic , one fan brought one flare in ( one to many ) but common sense prevailed and they had the balls to stop the fat bald bloke with authority from being a bigger prick than he was. Dartford were amazing but we were against a team that couldn’t get it into our reserves.Maidstone will be a different kettle of fish. Got to say support from the youth today was fantastic and it has to be encouraged , and at ground told how valued they are , they are the future .Kingie would of loved that, Goldberg is destroying that club , that ground will be in my opinion flats and houses, I hope I’m wrong for the welling faithfull.last point the team and selection for the tonbridge angel game got a bit of stick, when u see them beating Dorking 3/1 yesterday maybe it wasn’t that bad!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Loads of superlatives there and justly so. Totally agree with LennyLenny in applauding the Welling supporters and staff. There are some good people at that club and they deserve better.

Feet firmly on the ground - it was a masterclass yesterday and should be celebrated. On now to much tougher games ahead!

Mom Luke Allen
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:15 am
Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm Let me start by applauding every single welling fan for supporting there team today when they were embarrassed. How Welling fans didn’t walk out when they saw the pathetic , , incompetent failure Hugo Langton standing next to a man who has run a once great club into the ground , amazes me. True fans , massive respect. End of day , nobody wants a local derby to be pathetic, and this is what it was , 12/0 would not have been disrespectful. Food was terrible , but staff were fantastic( our club upstairs need to employ them rather than the rude ones we have) and amazing how under adversity they still were a pleasure. Stewards today fantastic , one fan brought one flare in ( one to many ) but common sense prevailed and they had the balls to stop the bald bloke with authority from being a bigger prick than he was. Dartford were amazing but we were against a team that couldn’t get it into our reserves.Maidstone will be a different kettle of fish. Got to say support from the youth today was fantastic and it has to be encouraged , and at ground told how valued they are , they are the future .Kingie would of loved that, Goldberg is destroying that club , that ground will be in my opinion flats and houses, I hope I’m wrong for the welling faithfull.last point the team and selection for the tonbridge angel game got a bit of stick, when u see them beating Dorking 3/1 yesterday maybe it wasn’t that bad!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Any interviews with Goldberg or king available?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve King Post Match Interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1zqJVBQoQEWJB
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

At 73 but the memory not so good :cry: and after following the Darts for 68 years now I am struggling to remember many games that showed a
better all round performance than yesterdays one.
Perhaps a few from the Peter Taylor era and I understand that he was in the grandstand at yesterdays match
That very quick first goal had us wondering if we could get to the 5 or 6 we were possibly hoping for and we went on to make it 6 leaving us possibly a little disappointed as it should have been far more with the chances created and missed but lets not be ungrateful. :)
As others have commented full marks to the Welling fans for staying on to the end and remaining loyal.
How can you pick a M.O.M. from such a good team performance well like many others I have had to make a choice and gave it to Jernade Meade for his non stop running the full length of the pitch and the pace that he turns on creating numerous chances for us.
Well done to Steve King as well coming to salute the fans to the sides and behind the goal at the end.
Last edited by Trevor B on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wookie

Post by Wookie »

Fantastic performance and result !
Just looking around and dodging the crumbling terraces at PVR makes you certainly appreciate what we have at PP. On a side note, does anyone know why the E&B bar was closed yesterday?

Have to give MOTM to Mark Goldberg for getting rid of SK
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yes we will have tougher games ahead and regardless of how good or bad Welling were that was a great performance and we should not underestimate how well we are playing and the quality of football we are producing.
We came out and went for them right from the start and scored so early they didn't know what had hit them. Other than a couple of chances Welling were never in it and we dominated the whole game and could easily have had more, six ain't bad though :D :D

As for Welling, they are in a real mess. Whilst i don't want them relegated i can't think of any club around our level run/owned by a single person where it ends well. It just goes to show the importance of a well run financially stable club and of course a manager who can assemble a great playing squad :D :D . No doubt there will be ups and downs along the way but i really do believe our club and Kingy have the potential for sustained long term success.

MOTM has got to be the hardest decision ever as you could make a case for virtually anyone such was the performance, so after a heavy night of celebrating will have to think some more on that.

I believe the attendance was given as just over a 1000 so i think it would be fair to say we outnumbered them. Our support was great yesterday so i hope everyone who went goes next week as i feel our support will be more important then. Last few tickets can be bought here:-
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/maidston ... destsearch
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am Fantastic performance and result !
Just looking around and dodging the crumbling terraces at PVR makes you certainly appreciate what we have at PP. On a side note, does anyone know why the E&B bar was closed yesterday?

I overheard someone yesterday who said that Welling have stopped E&B from opening their bar when Welling are playing to try to increase their own revenue. When you are only averaging around 400 supporters for home matches you can kind of understand it. In previous years I would have expected a crowd of at least 1800 for a match against Dartford and to only manage just over a 1000 just shows how bad things are for Welling.
Last edited by The Futures White on Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

The Futures White wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:00 am

I overheard someone yesterday who said that Welling have stopped E&B from opening their bar when Welling are playing to try to increase their own revenue. When you are only averaging around 400 supporters for home you can kind of understand it. In previous years I would have expected a crowd of at least 1800 for a match against Dartford and to only manage just over a 1000 just shows how bad things are for Welling.
The couple that own the bar have moved on and sold it to someone else, that’s why the bar wasn’t open yesterday we was told.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Breathtaking football yesterday. At times was easily league one standard. Continue to be thoroughly impressed by Jernande Meade. I thought he, Husin and Azeez were the best of a sublime bunch.
Bit annoying we weren’t the only six nil, but slightly better result than Eastbourne since we were away.
Was trying to remember similar score lines after the final whistle, was Chipstead a 0-6 win?
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

I overheard someone yesterday who said that Welling have stopped E&B from opening their bar when Welling are playing to try to increase their own revenue. When you are only averaging around 400 supporters for home you can kind of understand it. In previous years I would have expected a crowd of at least 1800 for a match against Dartford and to only manage just over a 1000 just shows how bad things are for Welling.
Not true E&B bar is closed due to licensing issues.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Love Steve's attitude that at 3-0 half time, a lot of teams would have switched off comfortable ans seen out the game. He wanted more goals and was annoyed that we didn't get more than six. Lovely. :D
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Just amazing how good we look just now. I've had good and bad days at Welling and never been a fan of theirs, but it's sad to see the damage they are suffering- their fans deserve better.
But for us that was one to treasure. A winner at the end of a hard fought match is always a better scenario but turning on the style in a derby is a great feeling, especially when you score six

Feet on the ground - there are much tougher teams to beat out there, but playing like that we'll take some stopping.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I don’t think this is the only ‘six’ we’re gonna get this season. After that, some are gonna be crapping themselves. The sheer sight of Ade up front is enough to make knees wobble!
Skip

Post by Skip »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:59 am Breathtaking football yesterday. At times was easily league one standard. Continue to be thoroughly impressed by Jernande Meade. I thought he, Husin and Azeez were the best of a sublime bunch.
Bit annoying we weren’t the only six nil, but slightly better result than Eastbourne since we were away.
Was trying to remember similar score lines after the final whistle, was Chipstead a 0-6 win?
We was having that conversation ourselves during the match as the scoreboard was ticking over. In terms of league matches, I remember a midweek trip to Bedworth when we ran out 6-0 winners with Mark Keen grabbing four. And then there was a 7-0 home win over Redditch with both these victories during Peter Taylor’s immensely entertaining period at the helm. Rather ironic that Peter was there yesterday mulling over the poisoned chalice that is managing Welling United with Mark Goldberg overseeing your every move!

A 14-2 final score wouldn’t have been an unfair reflection on the chances created by both sides. That was mighty fine fare served up by the Darts, although I was a little bemused when the reporter at the match for the Non League Paper gave it a 3 star entertainment rating out of 5. Presumably he prefers stamp collecting as his Saturday afternoon pastime?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Buzz stop wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:02 pm

Not true E&B bar is closed due to licensing issues.
Ok we was told this by the Welling operations manager, and the bar was owned by a guy called Alex or Arron can’t remember the name.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Personally I am very happy to put them in their place and don't have much empathy for them .It was not that long ago they were sneering down their noses at us thinking they were such a bigger club . Remember when they wanted Jamie Day and did not see why they should pay the likes of us for his services even though he was under contract with is . They announced his signing b4 even making any contact with us and accused us of holding him back from a big step up in his career because we demand a fee ! Screw em !
Last edited by KSTDART on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Has there even been anything like a 6-0 score-line (either way) in matches between Dartford and Welling in the past?

As for the reporter from the Non League Paper - perhaps he was making a score of 3 on the basis that the match was so one-sided it was difficult to give points for entertainment for a contest.......