Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes
Harvey Bradbury (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

DA1

Re: Dartford v Chelmsford City Sat 25 Mar 2023

Post by DA1 »

Right I’ve taken a breather after being absolute fuming earlier.

Disagree, wasn’t a fan of that interview about the Chelmsford celebration so I’m glad the videos been taken down (we would’ve done the same celebrating like that after scoring two late goals away at your close rivals).

As for the midfield part I said during the game that we missed Wynter today. The midfield 3 are talented but no one would commit tactical fouls or put a challenge in which meant Chelmsford were running straight through the middle.
Less said about putting Murtagh centre back the better. When he came on he’s cost us, especially that first goal.
Napa had to start for a very ineffective Fonkeu, he created chances and had the beating of their left back. A striker change was needed earlier than the 80th minute.

We need to take our chances and not for the first time this season. Not taking anything away from Chelmsford, they were pretty decent and I’m not surprised they’ve shot up the table, a lot of talented young players.

Onto the next game and we need to started taking some momentum into the play offs!

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Very disappointed to lose today but Chelmsford fully deserved their win , Dowse/s interview includes the usual deflections whereas the Chelmsford Managers Post Match interview was accurate , the same old faults continue week after week and nothing changes , no doubt we will end up in the play offs and then Dowse will work his magic ????????????
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Totally disappointed to lose these MUPPETS from Essex I can't remember how many times this season I've stated our players are NOT premier league superstars (even tho they think they are ) blind passes WTF
Why do we bring in players and don't play them centre back no cover on bench oh let's play murtagh centre back oh that back fired playing blind passes NOT 1ST time this season COST US why not bring chin on statham has played centre back WAKE UP DOWSE as for Alex wall the blokes 6ft plus hardly ever wins a header midfield never want 2nd ball never commit to a challenge
How many times walks could of helped centre backs out come command area not let the just boot ball 30 ft up in air be lucky to stay in 2nd place way we going
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

So very, very dissapointed with that result. What nobody has mentioned here yet is that if that strike from Coulson had gone in rather than coming back out off the post we’d have most probably won that game despite our poor passing, losing possession, or ineffective striking, etc.

Fact - we didn’t do enough to win a game at home against a team that celebrated as if they’d won the league.

Sam was excellent at left back and gets my vote for MoM.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Disappointed but not surprised.
I have to ask ....do we really look like a team that deserves to go up ?

You could see it coming in the 2nd half ,to me our opponents simply wanted it more.
If we do get in the play offs and somehow win them ...boy we will.have to improve this squad big time to have any hope of surviving in the National league.
Sorry but since we thumped Knobbsfleet twice imo we have not been consistent enough. Dowse is a good manager but something is lacking which imo is the reason we were beaten today.
Tin hat on but that is how I see it.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Only positive from this is that it was great to see the ‘yoof’ back and some atmosphere. Sadly, most of the team didn’t deserve it. Shocking passing, questionable selections and appalling substitution decision. It’s almost inevitable that we will meet them in the play offs (again!) and we will have to do much better. I don’t ever wish for us not to succeed, but we’re are a thousand miles off readiness for the National League. C’mon Dowse, lads, wake the fk up!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Babylon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:03 am Disappointed but not surprised.

You could see it coming in the 2nd half ,to me our opponents simply wanted it more.
If we do get in the play offs and somehow win them ...boy we will.have to improve this squad big time to have any hope of surviving in the National league.
Sorry but since we thumped Knobbsfleet twice imo we have not been consistent enough. Dowse is a good manager but something is lacking which imo is the reason we were beaten today.
You’re stating the obvious with “will have to improve this squad…”. As I’ve commented more than once before, we will need to put in place a completely different operating model for the next level up, both on and off the pitch, to compete! Don’t you think the club knows that!? 🤔
KentC

Post by KentC »

Tony H wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:07 am

You’re stating the obvious with “will have to improve this squad…”. As I’ve commented more than once before, we will need to put in place a completely different operating model for the next level up, both on and off the pitch, to compete! Don’t you think the club knows that!? 🤔

I do but do you think they’ll do anything differently.
Remember last time, when we finished in the relegation zone the first time and got the reprieve the club said “we will learn from our mistakes “
The next season was at least as bad.
So if we go up who knows but going up would be a brilliant achievement with the competition from a few of the others teams being strong
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Frustrating that we couldn't hold on to the lead, but Conor's injury made a big difference, as the defence was strong until then, particularly with Sam's contribution, and Chelmsford's finishing was poor. Keiron is blamed for losing possession, but he wasn't the only one to do so in the build-up to their equaliser. Ironic that the two former Darts scored.
The first half was fairly even with both sides missing a couple of sitters. Can't work out how Alex missed glancing the header in from a perfect Samir cross. Some nice openings on the left with Samir and Luke combining well, but possession often lost on the more congested right flank. If Luke's second half shot off the woodwork had gone in, we might have secured the win.
However, we are still 2 pts ahead with 2 games in hand, so lets' move on. Others worry that we aren't ready to go up; probably right, but we have to try for it. We can worry about that if and when, otherwise what's the point. Up the Darts!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

KentC wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:15 am

Remember last time, when we finished in the relegation zone the first time and got the reprieve the club said “we will learn from our mistakes “
So if we go up who knows but going up would be a brilliant achievement with the competition from a few of the others teams being strong

Sorry you're wrong on that! Last time we went up we finished as the top semi-pro team in the country and then had a number of quality players leave because they were offered full time contracts - Bonner, Champion etc

The next season was the one where we finished in the relegation place only to get a late, late reprieve. Tony had already recruited very well for Conference South to have key players, like Lorraine, leave because they couldn't commit to traveling in the National Division. As a result recruitment was way behind and getting a competitive squad was made nigh on impossible
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

BrianL wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:00 am Frustrating that we couldn't hold on to the lead, but Conor's injury made a big difference, as the defence was strong until then, particularly with Sam's contribution, and Chelmsford's finishing was poor. Keiron is blamed for losing possession, but he wasn't the only one to do so in the build-up to their equaliser. Ironic that the two former Darts scored.
The first half was fairly even with both sides missing a couple of sitters. Can't work out how Alex missed glancing the header in from a perfect Samir cross. Some nice openings on the left with Samir and Luke combining well, but possession often lost on the more congested right flank. If Luke's second half shot off the woodwork had gone in, we might have secured the win.
However, we are still 2 pts ahead with 2 games in hand, so lets' move on. Others worry that we aren't ready to go up; probably right, but we have to try for it. We can worry about that if and when, otherwise what's the point. Up the Darts!
Alex was actually flagged offside in the move where he put that header wide, so it wouldn’t have counted. We actually only got in behind their defence once in the first half and that was for our goal. Their 6 defended so well and our attack so insipid that their skipper Trotter played much further upfield, only coming back to challenge Alex aerially, after about 20 minutes of the game. Why did we not spot that and change the point of our attack. What do I know!!?

We were better second half offensively, but so clumsy with possession. We gave the ball away cheaply twice down our right hand side that lead to their equaliser. We had chances to put that game away.

I agree with Dowse in that we lack an onfield leader, the likes of an Elliott Bradbrook (if only he were a few years younger!)
rambo

Post by rambo »

Dowse needs to be honest and shake up the starting 11 a little
There was nil link up between wall and fonkeu and very little link up between players in midfield
That has to be change if we are to win the playoffs
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Another frustrating performance and in all honesty a game we didn't deserve to win, maybe a draw would have been about right but we can have no complaints as our performance was just not good enough.

We gave away possession so often and a lot of the time it was unforced careless errors so we've only got ourselves to blame.
This game was like so many others this season where we rely on our defensive capabilities to keep it tight and then try and grab a goal on the counter attack or from a set play. We never seem to control games for long periods which puts us under pressure a lot of the time and is a risky way to play as yesterday showed.

Not sure why Chelmsford seem to think this is such a big game for them (like a local derby) as as it's just another game for us but we should take their over the top celebrations as a massive compliment because they must have an inferiority complex to celebrate in that way. Football has a nasty habit of smacking you back in the face so I'm happy to sit back and wait for the tables to be turned.

We know we can play well and beat the best in this division but ATM we are lacking consistency and i think it's only 3 wins in our last 11 league games which is a bit concerning.

MOTM between Luke.C and Sam.O but in the end went for Luke.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:05 pm Another frustrating performance and in all honesty a game we didn't deserve to win, maybe a draw would have been about right but we can have no complaints as our performance was just not good enough.

We gave away possession so often and a lot of the time it was unforced careless errors so we've only got ourselves to blame.
This game was like so many others this season where we rely on our defensive capabilities to keep it tight and then try and grab a goal on the counter attack or from a set play. We never seem to control games for long periods which puts us under pressure a lot of the time and is a risky way to play as yesterday showed.

Not sure why Chelmsford seem to think this is such a big game for them (like a local derby) as as it's just another game for us but we should take their over the top celebrations as a massive compliment because they must have an inferiority complex to celebrate in that way. Football has a nasty habit of smacking you back in the face so I'm happy to sit back and wait for the tables to be turned.

We know we can play well and beat the best in this division but ATM we are lacking consistency and i think it's only 3 wins in our last 11 league games which is a bit concerning.

Trust me PL, the planets are aligned. It’ll be a Darts v Chelmsford play-off final at Princes Park that we will win 3-0.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Tony H wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:11 pm
Park Life wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:05 pm Another frustrating performance and in all honesty a game we didn't deserve to win, maybe a draw would have been about right but we can have no complaints as our performance was just not good enough.

Trust me PL, the planets are aligned. It’ll be a Darts v Chelmsford play-off final at Princes Park that we will win 3-0.
I’ve been chatting with David Ike!!😂😂
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

3 wins in 11?
I never realised it was that poor.
We must improve over the remaining 8 games if we are to have any chance in the playoffs.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Babylon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:18 pm 3 wins in 11?
I never realised it was that poor.
We must improve over the remaining 8 games if we are to have any chance in the playoffs.
Play-off football is cup football - very different to league football. I agree though that taking momentum into a play-off competition is vital (in any sport).
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The result might not have gone our way but it was pleasing to see Sam back and I gave him my vote for MoM. It would be interesting to see Sam play in that Jordan Wynter role and allow Chin or Jernade play at LB. I felt that we got outnumbered in central midfield yesterday and were non-existent on the right. It still beggars belief that we loaned out Herchel as I have still not seen anyone better on that side of the pitch this season. Maybe, a question for Dowse tomorrow evening.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:12 am
KentC wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:15 am

Sorry you're wrong on that! Last time we went up we finished as the top semi-pro team in the country and then had a number of quality players leave because they were offered full time contracts - Bonner, Champion etc

The next season was the one where we finished in the relegation place only to get a late, late reprieve. Tony had already recruited very well for Conference South to have key players, like Lorraine, leave because they couldn't commit to traveling in the National Division. As a result recruitment was way behind and getting a competitive squad was made nigh on impossible

Not sure if this is me or you but read it ..,

“Remember the last time, when we finished in the relegation zone the first time and got the reprieve ”

This sentence does not say we were in the relegation zone in the first season it says “ when we finished in the zone for the first time”
This sentence also refers to two occasions of finishing in the relegation zone at no point did I say it was from the first season.

I remember that first season very well , the amount of travelling, Tuesday night at Bristol Rovers , alldayers to Gateshead driving up to Altringham straight from arriving home at 4am from my holiday, the win against Wrexham the cameras at home with Mansfield, winning away at Luton plus so many more. So many memories of our time up there.

Totally accept I may of not written it very well so probably my fault for not being clear but what I said what the board said is 100% correct.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Those were the days in the Connie prem.
The big 5...the nucleus of our team

....Bradbrook ,Burns , Hayes, Noble and Harris.
Winning at Luton and being applauded off by their fans had to be the highlight of the season.