Harvey Bradbury (Sub)
2%
Sam Odaudu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 45

Hitchin Dart79

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 11 Mar 2023

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

At last a decent cohesive performance from back to front. Thought the key was the fast start pushing them back from the off. We took our foot off the accelerator for 20mins after that when they could have scored a couple and then we upped the ante in the second half with the excellent coulson doing his thing beautifully for the 2nd! Good start for the new lad and hopefully we can keep going til may as
Nothing to fear!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Very happy with the performance today.
A great example of why we should never get too high or too low.
One step closer to finishing in that all important 2nd spot.

In other news, I heard that Elliot Bradbrook’s testimonial match is scheduled for April 23rd. Save the date!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Does anyone know the 50/50 result today??
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:31 pm Does anyone know the 50/50 result today??
MickW

Post by MickW »

Coulson takes mom but an excellent display by everyone.
Three special mentions though - Keiran played really well at centre half, Wilkes is easily our best keeper and Napa deserves more game time.
Good luck to the new fella for getting a goal on debut - nothing could endear him more to the fans. He looks a lot more mobile than Alex so hopefully will sharpen our forward play.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:36 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:31 pm Does anyone know the 50/50 result today??
Thanks mate.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I was worried when I saw the line up. I was still a little worried at half time as Farnborough’s poor finishing cost them. Absolutely no idea why we had a goal disallowed though. Second half was a treat. Proper football again and Coulson on fire. 👏 👏 MOTM for sure, but there were so many good performances. Murtagh played very well out of position.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Great performance - congratulations everyone. Dowse had his mum and dad at the game today and I knew that was worth a goal start!

Every player exceptional today but Luke Coulson different gravy, gets my MotM vote.

Have we got our mojo back? Can we sustain those levels of beautifulness in the run in? I, for one believe we have/can.

Another howler of a performance from the match officials though denying us a second goal in the first half (absolutely beggars belief! 🤷) Shows we can do it without those shocking decisions though.

So pleased for Murts after what I consider to be unfair criticism levelled at him during the week. I kid you not, his experience will prove beneficial in the run in.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Dartford returned to winning ways with a fine performance against Farnborough, in an entertaining encounter in front of 1,017 supporters at Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park.

Despite Alan Dowson having to shuffle his squad and place midfielder Keiran Murtagh into an injury-hit defensive unit, the Darts started brightly and were ahead within six minutes.

Maxwell Statham was the man to open the scoring after getting on the end of a Samir Carruthers corner to net his fifth league goal of the season.

However, The Yellows responded well and were a little unfortunate to not at least test goalkeeper Dan Wilks in the 16th minute after excellent work involving Jack Ball. The right wingback managed to get forward before finding Ricky Holmes with a delightfully teasing cross. The latter couldn’t apply the finish though, sending his effort over the crossbar from close-range instead.

The hosts came close once again after Murtagh’s terrific effort following another Carruthers corner smacked off the crossbar (20), before Statham thought he’d doubled his side’s lead five minutes later. Unfortunately, his goal was chalked off by referee, Mr Ryan Atkins after an apparent push on goalkeeper Jack Turner (25).

Farnborough certainly weren’t out of the contest though, and Jonathon Page tried an ambitious effort from distance in the 31st minute, which failed to trouble Dan Wilks before Selim Saied sent a shot wide of the upright nine minutes later.

It was as you were at the start of the second forty-five, yet the Darts were exploiting more space on their left-flank. And, soon enough, they’d doubled their advantage via a brilliant solo effort from eventual Man of The Match Luke Coulson. The number seven broke free on the left-flank, raced into the box, sold goalkeeper Jack Turner the dummy, before calmly slotting the ball home (50).

Two almost became three a couple of minutes later after another terrific break by Coulson. However, on this occasion he found Alex Wall with a neat pass, but the latter couldn’t apply the finish (52).

The visitors were the first to react as far as substitutions are concerned, making their first change in the 61st minute as Ricky Holmes made way for Zaid Al-Husaini. That would be followed by a double swap after 70 minutes, when Chike Kandi and Alfie Saunders came on for Freddie Grant and Jordan Norville-Williams respectively.

Meanwhile, Dartford would swap Samir Carruthers with Malachi Napa (65), Alex Wall with Harvey Bradbury (73), before Sam Odaudu came on to replace Luke Allen (88).

Returning to the action, Boro came close to halving the deficit with twelve minutes remaining when Kevin Lokko found Harry Parsons with a neat header, only for the former to miss the opportunity (78) before the Darts put the game out of reach.

And it was a debut goal for loanee Harvey Bradbury, who’d only recently arrived from Woking and only come onto the pitch several minutes earlier. A terrific attack lead by Coulson saw him find Bradbury with a neat through-ball which breached the Farnborough backline. Bradbury was away and went on to open his Dartford account with a neat finish to secure the points (82).

The visitors responded in the 84th minute, after Harry Parsons found the back of the net following a ball from Lokko, but it was no more than a late consolation, as the Darts saw out the remainder of the game to register a well-deserved three points.

The result ensures that Tom Bonner and Co remain in a solid second place in the National League South table, while maintaining the gap to the chasing pack.

TEAMS

DARTFORD: Dan Wilks, Samir Carruthers, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Luke Allen, Alex Wall, Keiran Murtagh, Maxwell Statham, Isaac Ogundere, Jack Smith, Pierre Fonkeu.

SUBSTITUTES: Harvey Bradbury, Sam Odaudu, George Whitefield, Ben Dudzinski, Malachi Napa.

FARNBOROUGH: Jack Turner, Jack Ball, Freddie Grant, Courtney Fearn, Kevin Lokko (c), Ricky Holmes, Harry Parsons, Adam Lovatt, Jonathon Page, Selim Saied, Jordan Norville-Williams.

SUBSTITUTES: Ronan Silva, Chike Kandi, Zaid Al-Husaini, Connor Lawless, Alfie Saunders.

By Chris Palmer
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

rick wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:27 pm
Great interview!
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

Really good an Honest post match Interview with their Manager, gave us credit on a number of occasions.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

So apart from our early goal in the first half we did nothing according to their manager !! I guess he missed our perfectly Good disallowed goal and us hitting the bar .
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I thought that was a 30 x second interview but just stuck on repeat??
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

M1 South wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:17 am I thought that was a 30 x second interview but just stuck on repeat??
Thanks for the Sunday morning laugh. True though :lol: :lol:
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Entertaining game to watch and 3 big points, looking at the League table injuries permitting 2nd place is well within our grasp.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought it was a good performance all round and up until Luke started to weave his magic I had Jack down as my MOTM. I could merit players that played well but then I'd pretty well put the whole side down.
Even Malachi and Harvey did their bit. Keiran played really well as did Pierre, but for me Jack was everywhere. He's a class act.
Super goal by Luke.
Seeing as he is winning MOTM by a landslide I think I'll give my vote to Jack. Just to level things up :D
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KSTDART wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:33 am So apart from our early goal in the first half we did nothing according to their manager !! I guess he missed our perfectly Good disallowed goal and us hitting the bar .
It never bothers me what opposition managers say in their post-match interview, whether we win or not. Most of them talk rubbish anyway and what they say isn’t going to change the result.

All that should matter to us is that we played really well, were the better team across 90 minutes and won the game. Three points closer to the end of the regular season.

Let’s go and follow yesterdays result up with a win at Concord next Saturday. You Darts!! 👊