Park Life

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 11 Mar 2023

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Odaudu for Allen
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Makes good reading here after journey down aborted with suspected slow puncture, and other results going our way too, apart from Oxford. Come on you Darts!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

FT 3-1

What a really :idea: good game with both teams playing decent football.
Last edited by Park Life on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm FT 3-0.
Was it not 3-1?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yes sorry mate amended post, got excited as it was really good game.
Last edited by Park Life on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:00 pm Yes sorry mate amended post, got excited as it was really good game.
:lol:
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Any game we win is a good game Parky!! x
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Another excellent commentary and the non stop endeavours of the team came over strongly over the airways. This was a banana skin of a match and it seems Farnborough were well up for the game, so for the Darts to be playing well all over the pitch and back to playing their best stuff is to be applauded and deserving of picking up all 3 points at a very important time. Other results also have generally gone our way too with only Oxford and ourselves being winning teams in the top 10.

Congratulations to the whole squad and management team with plenty of positives coming out of the game. Good to see Fondue getting 90 mins; Sam back in contention after his injury; Bradbury making an instant impact amongst events. Keep it up.

COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

That's the best we've played since Christmas. Excellent performance, Murtagh did well filling in for Essam and lots of 8 or 9 out of 10 performances, but Luke Coulson was on another planet and was MOTM by at least 10 country miles. Easily his best ever game in a Darts shirt. Other results mostly going our way again and the table looks even better than it did this morning. A very good day.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Very happy after watching that. I was worried pre game especially after seeing the team sheet but we put in a good performance and got all 3 points which is key.

First half I thought Farnborough probably edged it, but we should've had 2 goals (I have no idea how the 2nd was ruled out, definitely didn't look like a push from where I was standing) and Kieran was very unlucky to hit the bar with a great strike. Farnborough seemed to put together the better attacks more consistently and just missed the finish at the end, with Dan pulling off some important saves.

Second half we were the better team and showed that we deserved our win. We played some of the best football I've seen at PP this season putting together some nice passing moves to get through their defence, but like Farnborough in the first half just missed the final ball at times. It was a shame that we gave up the clean sheet, but I think Farnborough deserved a goal from how they played so can't have too many complaints.

You could justify giving anyone MOTM. I have been extremely critical of Murtagh recently, but he looked very good in the back four. Isaac had a very good game on his side and was causing problems going forward as well as looking solid when defending. The midfield was much better today with Samir and Jack being able to get on the ball which took pressure off the defenders allowing us to build up more attacks. My vote however is going to Coulson, in what was probably his best game in a Darts shirt. The 2nd goal was just top class not only to go around the keeper but also to wait for the defender to commit before rolling it into an empty net. The setup on Bradbury's third goal was also class.

Credit to Farnborough, as I said they played some nice football and put together some good moves. If they do end up in the playoffs then they will be a tough team to beat.

COYD!!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:18 pm Strange lineup in my opinion. Murtagh still starting, no Essam whatsoever (unless he's suspended) and still going with the same attack despite being underwhelming.

Good to see Sam back on the bench.

COYD, must win.
oh ye of little faith. :D
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:42 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:18 pm Strange lineup in my opinion. Murtagh still starting, no Essam whatsoever (unless he's suspended) and still going with the same attack despite being underwhelming.

COYD, must win.
I'm glad I was proven extremely wrong! In Dowse we trust

Full credit to Murtagh today especially as I've said in my report.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:45 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:42 pm

COYD, must win.
I'm glad I was proven extremely wrong! In Dowse we trust

Full credit to Murtagh today especially as I've said in my report.
I posted then saw your report a pretty fair assessment.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Up the darts was so happy with the result instead of posting , he got his mum to make him his favourite tea
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

What an enjoyable game and credit to both teams for playing attractive attacking football.

First half was pretty even but could easily have been 3 or 4 all, second half we were the better side and ran out deserved winners.
Still not sure why Statham's goal was disallowed as it looked ok to me so looking forward to the highlights.

We've not been at our best recently so it was good to see some great football with the type of performance we know our players are capable of, hopefully this will be the start of a great finish to the season.

Our position has improved again as only us and Oxford in the top 10 won today.

In normal circumstances there would be 5 or 6 players in contention for MOTM such was the performance today, but Luke Coulson was on another level and ran out easy winner. He was absolute quality today.

Really pleased for Dowse as he's had some real tough decisions and selection headaches to deal with this week.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I will be the first to admit I was a bit worried when I saw the line up even more when you consider our form and then we pull out a performance like that . We were superb .. Gone was the hit and hope football, replaced by a slick passing game .

Enjoy the goals

Max Statham scores Dartford’s 1st v Farnborough

Coulson scores Dartford’s 2nd v Farnborough

Bradbury scores Dartford’s 3rd on his debut v Farnborough